Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Season 8) - Draft set for Oct 6 at 12PM CT (now accepting new managers)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'll take over if no one else with grand vision volunteers. Would leave league rules the same but clear out those who aren't active. How much is involved in running it besides the initial set up (keepers, getting owners, etc) ?

The initial set-up is 90% of the work. I'll get it set up this weekend and we'll do our draft on the last possible day (Monday? Tuesday?). After that I'd like to transfer it over to someone.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
The initial set-up is 90% of the work. I'll get it set up this weekend and we'll do our draft on the last possible day (Monday? Tuesday?). After that I'd like to transfer it over to someone.
Sounds good. Can't speak for the others but am good almost any time myself for the draft.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
It looks like we've got one manager that hasn't renewed. PM your email address if you're interested, and I'll send you an invite.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Still waiting on an email address. We can’t have an odd number of teams. First one who PMs me gets it.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Can commissioner process draft picks for this season please?

I got lots last year via trade but current draft order inst accounting for any :thumbd:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
We're going to have to do a draft reset. Sorry everyone.

EDIT: Draft order based on last season. List doesn't include traded picks, I'll update those in a future post.

1. Keystone Copps (formerly Petaning Team)
2. MooseKnuckles
3. JetsHC
4. It's A Process
5. Voyageurs
6. Eggos For Eleven
7. Team #FreeNiku (formerly Second Line Tanev)
8. Wpgsilver
9. Capt. Mal's Fireflies
10. Smiling Chevy
11. Dirty Rotten Buggers
12. Hammer Slammer
13. petanime
14. Cupertino Macs
15. Inflict
16. Zorba's Zorilla's
17. Rheged
18. Atlanta Jets
19. Alaska Sleddogs
20. Koylio Thrashers

Last edited:
Reactions: kxx

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
More than half the teams haven't selected any keepers, and there a bunch of managers that have gone dark.

I'm committed to keeping this league going (or at least getting it kickstarted this year and handing over the reigns), but we should probably take the draft offline.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
More than half the teams haven't selected any keepers, and there a bunch of managers that have gone dark.

I'm committed to keeping this league going (or at least getting it kickstarted this year and handing over the reigns), but we should probably take things offline.

Would have been nice to know some of this earlier - perhaps another league could be made or the reigns could have been handed over earlier and all of this could have been rectified before the last day we could draft...

I understand people can be busy, but this could have been avoided

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Would have been nice to know some of this earlier - perhaps another league could be made or the reigns could have been handed over earlier and all of this could have been rectified before the last day we could draft...

I understand people can be busy, but this could have been avoided

From Yahoo:

"For your league to score for the entire NHL season schedule, your draft must be complete before 11:59 p.m. PT on October 2, 2018. Head-to-head leagues that draft after the deadline begin their season the following week."

Again, my apologies to everyone that took time out of their day for this draft. I'll make this right, and then hand the reigns over.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I don't know what yahoo is doing with hockey this year, but we had screwups on their behalf in another league I'm in (and commissioner of). I selected my keepers for this league multiple times and yes, I made sure it went through. But each new time I checked they hadn't been kept. I was late to the draft (family matters) and when I logged in it didn't show my keepers at all on my roster so I just said eff it and let it autodraft. I don't think that has anything at all to do with Hank, it has everything to do with Yahoo.

Reactions: DashingDane

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Yahoo's draft and keeper setup is horrible and makes it nearly impossible to set up or save anything until the day of the draft. That said, I dropped the ball here and again my sincere apologies to everyone.

We'll set a draft date on the weekend. It will be the same format as always, with keepers and traded draft picks brought over from last season. The only difference is that we'll have to start the season a week late.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
To avoid the issue with keepers not being saved, would be a good idea to post your list of four keepers in this thread. UPD: What was saved for keepers

Smiling Chevy: Giroux, Barkov, Point, Faulk

Alaska Sleddogs: McDavid, Pastrnak, Kuznetsov, Hellebuyck

Atlanta Jets:

Capt. Mal's Fireflies:

Dirty Rotten Buggers: Eichel, Ristolainen, McAvoy, Quick

Tumbling Rhinos: Kucherov, Schenn, O’Reilly, Vatanen

Hammer Slammer: Laine, Wheeler, Gaudreau, M. Jones

Inflict: Hall, Boeser, Carlson, Gibson

Devils Advocate: Malkin, Tavares, Backstrom, Bishop

Koylio Thrashers: Hedman, Forsberg, Josi, Trocheck

MooseKnuckles:

Team #FreeNiku: E. Kane, Marner, P. Kane, Rinne

petanime:

Keystone Copps: Stamkos, Stone, Parayko, Murray

Rheged: MacKinnon, Letang, Suter, Lundqvist

It's A Process: Matthews, Aho, Nylander, Connor

Cupertino Macs: Kessel, Subban, S. Jones, Andersen

Voyageurs: Crosby, Seguin, van Riemsdyk, Keith

Wpgsilver:

Zorba's Zorilla's: Kopitar, Doughty, Scheifele, Vasilevsky

Last edited:
Reactions: kxx

Olsen

Jul 9, 2013
Alaska Sleddogs: McDavid, Pastrnak, Kuznetsov, Hellebuyck - is correct!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Possible that a number of those blank teams didn't have their keepers saved, but I also know a few that have been dormant for at least a season. So for any managers that are interested, please PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite.

New draft date and time is set for Saturday, October 6 at noon CST.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad