GDT: XXXVIII | "Enguard" | Oilers vs. Kings | 12.29.15 | 7:00PM | SN-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Hall gets tripped, high stick, slashed. Ignored by ref. Draisaitl clearly slashed and hurt by it from Brown. Gets nothing. Same old king officiating game.

I definitely agree, besides the Hall high stick, was clearly Sekeras stick that hit him in the face from a hit. But the fact is, this isn't changing the outcome of this game. Why even begin to worry about reffing when guys like Schultz and Talbot are literally costing them games. Its honestly the last thing on my mind when I watch this garbage. 3 goals in 1:09 and guys are talking about the reffing?

McDeathbyCheerios*

I definitely agree, besides the Hall high stick, was clearly Sekeras stick that hit him in the face from a hit. But the fact is, this isn't changing the outcome of this game. Why even begin to worry about reffing when guys like Schultz and Talbot are literally costing them games. Its honestly the last thing on my mind when I watch this garbage. 3 goals in 1:09 and guys are talking about the reffing?
Because it's still a huge problem.

That's like saying "stop complaining about the homelessness problems, there are bigger problems that make this place suck"

We have a right to complain about it because it is a problem. Win or lose doesn't make the horrible officiating in every Kings game for us go away

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Because it's still a huge problem.

That's like saying "stop complaining about the homelessness problems, there are bigger problems that make this place suck"

We have a right to complain about it because it is a problem. Win or lose doesn't make the horrible officiating in every Kings game for us go away

Yep, bang on. Its the same **** every game with the kings.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
The Kings play a hard physical game against the Oilers because that is the easiest way to beat them. Kudos to them. I am an Oiler fan first and foremost, but man, this blaming the ref stuff game after game here is pathetic. This HAS to be the worst example of it, since there can't be another fan base worse that this one. Hard work draws penalties. Lazy plays lead to them. Hall's high stick came from his own player and his penalty was a can opener move by him, although it was bad luck his stick ended up in that position.

Calls were missed both ways like they always are. I would LOVE for the time to come when the refs were actually the reason the Oilers lost a game. As it stands now, the refs are WAY down the list of what is wrong with Oiler games.

As I have stated time and time again, the Oilers need to play like they hate when things go bad in a game. Once again they folded when those bad goals went in. They accepted defeat instead of fighting their way back in the game like most nights. things will never change until that changes. Shot totals didn't tell the story at all in this game. It looked like the result was never in doubt after that 1 1/2 minute stretch, half way thru the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad