[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Now 97% shorter.

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
We've only won a single game since Remembrance Day. Is it too much to ask that we win one game before the year is out?

It is?

Oh...

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
We're going to get destroyed.

Next two games in Calgary? Flames looking for someone to beat up on since their struggles? Flames always play the Oilers like it's game 7 of the finals?

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Oh, and Yak hasn't been scoring? Lets put him with a rookie and a guy with stone hands...That should help. Nelson isn't coming off as much smarter than Eakins.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
"It was very important for the team to reset and get away for a few days," MacT says. Coach Nelson flight delayed, will arrive this aft.

Todd Nelson delayed by weather but will be in the bench for game time. Nelson recommended that 4-93-14 be put back together.

MacT says Nikitin (back) will return "in the very near future" but won't play tonight in Calgary. Fasth starts between the pipes.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh, and Yak hasn't been scoring? Lets put him with a rookie and a guy with stone hands...That should help. Nelson isn't coming off as much smarter than Eakins.

Nelson is gonna be another dud here I think. More desperate with saving his job than actually developing the players even if it means taking a few risks.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Yak won't score anywhere in this lineup. Kid has been absolutely ruined by this franchise.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nikitin and Yakupov relationship, via this interview

- Do you talk a lot with Nikita Nikitin?

– Of course, we are in very good ties. He’s a great guy, an interesting person, very quiet. Before of his arrival I met him once only, I seen him on television, I heard about him, but I never met him. Now he’s injured and we meet less frequently, but we always sit together on the plane, spend time during away games and we often have dinner together.

- Do you help each other?

– I thought that he would help me with English, but it ended up that I, a 20-years-old youngster, am helping an “old”, 30-years-old man. Can you imagine it? (Laughs.) I can say that I’m his English teacher. If he has any question, I’ll translate for him. Earlier he had Fedor Tyutin as a translator, he’s here for 20 years already and perfectly knows the language. I don’t talk a perfect English, but I can translate pretty much anything. This is why I help him as much as I can. Sometimes he says me “Tyutin used to translate better”, and I reply “well, sorry, I’m just 20, I have still time to get better.” (Laughs.)

http://thehockeywriters.com/yakupov-oilers-going-through-growing-pains/

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
"It was very important for the team to reset and get away for a few days," MacT says. Coach Nelson flight delayed, will arrive this aft.

Todd Nelson delayed by weather but will be in the bench for game time. Nelson recommended that 4-93-14 be put back together.

MacT says Nikitin (back) will return "in the very near future" but won't play tonight in Calgary. Fasth starts between the pipes.

Try the new Twitter tags on HF. They look pretty.

Jul 19, 2012
Nikltin has played here a decade and hasn't figured out the language yet? You'd think some would rub off just by osmosis. Shows he is interested in merely a paycheque. Off to the KHL with him.

With our glorious goaltending and the Flames work ethic, I figure it will be a whitewash, 3-0 Flames. We need at least 3 good losses after the break before we can lose respectably.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

so put Hall-Nuge-Eberleback together--yeah--we get to blame the other 3lines for the loses when theys score their single goal of the game again

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Id like to see this for forward lines:

HALL RNH Eberle
Perron Arco Purcell
Yak Draisatl Pakarinen
Hendricks Gordon Pinizzoto

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
so put Hall-Nuge-Eberleback together--yeah--we get to blame the other 3lines for the loses when theys score their single goal of the game again
it used to be a great thing to have a line that was goal a game.... If they score a goal and are not a defensive liability they did there job and we should blame the fact that we have no depth....

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The other day I was watching one of the ticker's on SN. They had the odds for every team in the league to win the Cup. Some teams are 12-1, others are 25-1, the real bad teams were 33-1 and 66-1. Then I saw the Oilers. They have them at 1000-1 odds. I fell over laughing. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Man, this team. The next lowest was 100-1 odds.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Next two games in Calgary? Flames looking for someone to beat up on since their struggles? Flames always play the Oilers like it's game 7 of the finals?

A little paranoid about being destroyed are we?

Enjoy!

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Are we saving Pakarinen for next season if McDavid and Eichel are a go? :dunno:

Might as well tarade for another top 3 to acquire Hanifin to finish the rebuild.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
A national CBC broadcast, is a definite loss..

They never miss an opportunity to embarrass themselves on national TV, do they.

And lately it seems like they couldn't beat Calgary if you gave them a shotgun and a 10 minute head start.

I think this one is going to be ugly. I'll go with 7-3 Flames.

I'm just hoping that the Oilers can get out of Calgary without stiffing the bar tab this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad