GDT: XXXVI | "Seasons Beatings" | Oilers vs. Sharks | 8:30PM | SN-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
In our last four games ( Tampa Bay, St.Louis, Arizona, San Jose), we've picked up 7 out of 8 points.

Not too shabby .

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We got a point and Mcdavid got some points. No injuries *knocks on wood*. Win would have been great but we got schooled during the first two periods so I am mostly happy with the end result.

yup... we had no business winning this game and certainly dont deserve to be at the top of Pacific.

Game like this gives McLellan plenty to work with in practices and lets Chia know that it needs help if we want to be a legit playoffs team.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Honestly I think this was best case scenario. You got a young team experiencing wins thinking they are unstoppable they get a point and realize they still got work to do.

Kuudere

5-14-6-1
Feb 12, 2015
The City of SpOilers
McDavid and Lucic get caught behind the play. Who gets mentioned,Lucic. He actually gets grilled relentlessly. Mcdavid was as much at fault, and not a word of criticism

So ****ing painful the **** that goes on here

Yea it sucks but initially, they wouldn't have had been in that situation if Lucic could handle the puck or better yet, not bounce it back into our zone. Domino effect and it all started from Lucic

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I sure do, but if people hate our board so much why post here? Why call everyone out for being poison? What does that accomplish? At least I don't turn on our fanbase like a lot of people here do.

You know the thing that pisses me off? Lucic is absolutely flamed on that play yet Lucic AND McDavid were sitting at the blue line waiting for an offensive breakout.

I mean I am all for criticising a player but not when it's out of a blatant bias to the fact that McDavid was hovering around the blue line when the goal was scored.

Not a ****ing mention of the fastest player in the NHL not being able to get backm Just a a mention of how useless Lucic is,when he was literally 2 feet from stopping tjat goal from going in. Let's be realistic here

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Yea it sucks but initially, they wouldn't have had been in that situation if Lucic could handle the puck or better yet, not bounce it back into our zone. Domino effect and it all started from Lucic

I just don't see lucic as a 3 on 3 kind of player nothing about his game is 3 on 3

aki

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
How the **** do we let Kevin ****ing Labanc score there. It's like if the Oilers put Liam Reddox out there or something. Terrible

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Exactly, Slow skater and not a great puck handler. Terrible call on TMac to put him out there but Klef is just as guilty passing the puck to him when there were 3 sharks around him. Bad plays all around

I like 3 things in 3 on 3
Speed
Endurance
Possession

Watching the ottawa game yesterday Karlsson was hemmed in his zone for what seemed like an eternity they finally got possession and he skates past all the ducks and gets a scoring chance (the guys a freak)
I dream of a future 3 on 3 pairing of sekera nurse and mcdavid it just seems lIke it would work. Can't wait for his return.
Way to battle for a point tonight merry Christmas Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad