Timo Meier - Chris Tierney - Joonas Donskoi
Micheal Haley - Tommy Wingels - Melker Karlsson

Paul Martin - Brent Burns
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Justin Braun
Brenden Dillon - Dylan DeMelo

Martin Jones

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- The throne atop the Pacific division going into the Christmas break is on the line tonight. The Oilers and Sharks have a division leading 41 points and go head to head tonight in San Jose. Anaheim is idle at 40 points. Los Angeles is idle at 37 points. The Flames have 36 points and play the Canucks.

[/fieldset]

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2016
The officiating can't be a total debacle like it was in Glendale right? Can we have at least one game where an Oilers goal isn't called off and the reffing isn't completely one-sided? I know we won and this is a new game vs a different opponent but all I can still think about is how much I loathe Mike Smith and Chris Lee. I need to let it go :laugh:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't feel too good about this one, the refs aren't fast enough and miss all the obstruction on Connor.

Fixed it for you. :sarcasm:

They're actually doing pretty well right now despite McDavid's "lack" of production.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't feel too good about this one, the sharks are a good team and will smother Connor.

I feel great about this one. Oilers with some newfound unity and team spirit will kick some shark butt. get revenge for being bent over for so many years.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I don't feel too good about this one, the sharks are a good team and will smother Connor.

How would that be different from what other teams have been doing?
McD smothering opens up easier Dmen\Forwards for Drai and Letestu lines to do their damage.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I feel great about this one. Oilers with some newfound unity and team spirit will kick some shark butt. get revenge for being bent over for so many years.

And they do either play the Sharks well even in their losses, or at least you could say they get the bounces against the Sharks keeping them in the games. If I recall correctly Eberle has awesome career number against them (however, Couture has awesome career numbers against us as well). I think this should be a good game win or lose.

4-4-0-1 over the last 2 seasons

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Tonights opponents....know thine enemy! ;)

attachment.php

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
one thing on there i noticed if im reading right is one of the refs tonight has home team winning %of over 70% highest amoung all refs working tonight. hope im not understanding that stat

I noticed that. I think both are 70ish which is high.

I interpreted it the same. Home team wins for these guys more then the other refs.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Really? If they aren't going to play Puljujarvi every game, why is he in the NHL? Should be in the AHL if they're just going to keep scratching him.

well, the AHL is a short schedule anyway, so he'll probably end up with just as many games played here in the NHL. He gets less minutes here, but there is some developmental benefit in playing with NHL players and experiencing NHL competition. He also gets full practices even if he isn't playing. I'm on the fence with this one, and I do think there is also the chance that he catches fire staying in the NHL.

I don't know if it matters or not to how we decide, but the cutoff for Calder eligibility is less than 26 games played in the NHL beforehand. JP's at 24 games, so could send him down after he plays his next game and he'd still be eligible for next year's Calder

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
well, the AHL is a short schedule anyway, so he'll probably end up with just as many games played here in the NHL. He gets less minutes here, but there is some developmental benefit in playing with NHL players and experiencing NHL competition. He also gets full practices even if he isn't playing. I'm on the fence with this one, and I do think there is also the chance that he catches fire staying in the NHL.

I don't know if it matters or not to how we decide, but the cutoff for Calder eligibility is less than 26 games played in the NHL beforehand. JP's at 24 games, so could send him down after he plays his next game and he'd still be eligible for next year's Calder

Why on earth would they care about his Calder eligibility? If anything they'd want to burn that so they don't have to worry about his schedule A bonuses next year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why on earth would they care about his Calder eligibility? If anything they'd want to burn that so they don't have to worry about his schedule A bonuses next year.

I think most teams and GMs don't make decisions just to screw players out of potential bonuses. The way I figure it, you pay a little extra during their ELC, but you create good will that can pay off even more later on. However, I don't think the status of the Calder should be a big factor, but maybe a tie breaker if they're really on the fence about him. Like some other people are saying, maybe we should just send JP down to the AHL or to Finland anyway, if he's only playing one out of three games or whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad