GDT: XXXIV | "Break-even" | Oilers vs. Avs | 12.9.15 | 8:00PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
Colorado is playing like crap to be honest. 2 goals that were pretty random and that iginla goal he stuck his leg out and tripped Nikitin. Oilers probably deserve better but what are you going to do thats hockey.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
****ing Nikitin, just fall down to avoid contact with iginla wow lol

If he makes contact skate to skate with Iginla there we know Nikitin is going to get the penalty, future HOFer would definitely get the benefit of the doubt on an incidental contact tripping play in the slot.

Timo

May 23, 2007
Edmonton
I agree. But overall his defense, if improved at all, is still marginal. His offense has dried up and he's back to losing most puck battles. I don't expect he'll ever become the player the Oilers expected here. I could see him possibly having a Dubnyk like renaissance in a different enviornment. Make him the 4th or 5th best D on a team and he can be effective. If he's in the top 1-3 and he struggles

Totally agree here. Definitely miscast in this environment. Knowing full well his defensive game is lacking, I was really hoping his offensive game would outweigh it... but it simply hasn't.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Now is about the time where Eberle and RNH get a token point / goal... Meaningless of course but looks great on their stats.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If Davidson is out too ****. This team gets injured so much on "clean" hits.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Colorado is playing like crap to be honest. 2 goals that were pretty random and that iginla goal he stuck his leg out and tripped Nikitin. Oilers probably deserve better but what are you going to do thats hockey.

They've had a **** ton of odd man rushes.

And they score again. **** this ****.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Dubnyk, I mean Nilsson can ride the bench until Talbot gets tired.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If Davidson is out too ****. This team gets injured so much on "clean" hits.

NHL and their "We're doing our best to protect our players." Yet they have refs who can't even do their ****ing jobs right. Obvious crosscheck ; obvious trips. No ****ing whistles. Bushleague.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
There's going to be another McDavid or arena news release. Guarantee it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

You can't do.. oh wait, its ok.

Sneaky, but still insanely bad awareness by Nikitin. It's like he didn't know Iginla was there until the last second...but that's the area he is responsible for keeping tabs on.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ava are a far superior team. Their best players are WAY better than the Oil best, and their bottom 6 is WAYYYYY better. Their D and G are also Far better. Shows how far the rest of the team has to improve on the Oil before they can even contend. Sad really when you think about it

LOL, the Avs aren't far superior. They were **** tonight. One of the luckiest 5-1 wins I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad