GDT: XXXIV | "Break-even" | Oilers vs. Avs | 12.9.15 | 8:00PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Schultz rimmed it around....but all 3 forwards flew the zone....puck support?

This is what I'm saying. I think Schultz tried to execute a planned play and the forwards didn't help him.

I know it's popular to hate on Schultz but our forwards are as dumb as bricks when they enter our zone. All of them are.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McLellan is trying to neutralize the suck by putting Niki-Schultz with the top line

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
And just so we're clear, I don't by any means think that Schultz is worth 3.9 a year and I would be in favor of trading him for pretty much anything at this point.

But you can't put every team system breakdown on him.

I agree. But overall his defense, if improved at all, is still marginal. His offense has dried up and he's back to losing most puck battles. I don't expect he'll ever become the player the Oilers expected here. I could see him possibly having a Dubnyk like renaissance in a different enviornment. Make him the 4th or 5th best D on a team and he can be effective. If he's in the top 1-3 and he struggles

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't want to break the record for consecutive years missing the playoffs. I don't want that. :cry:

neither do guys like Hall. Unfortunately most of everybody else but his line gives no **** about it. Too bad the NHL can't be like the NFL to release players from under performing. There's a whole ******** of players on the team that would be released. Most of them are MacT's deadweights and Mr Norris himself.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
This is the kind of game that either breaks a season or forces a trade.

Hoping for the latter.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Then he should have held the puck and wait for support, not blindly throw it up the boards. Brain dead hockey.

He and a bunch of our other D men do this **** all the time they have complete control of the puck with no one really pressuring them and they shoot the puck into the other teams zone while his line mates are changing basically giving the other team a free opportunity to attack the Oilers. Honestly, if anyone outside the Oilers org. have been paying attention to Shultz he shouldn't even have a job in the NHL next year or at the very least he will get signed for dirt cheap. He basically lost the game in the Rangers game throwing the puck towards his bench when they were changing when no one was pressuring him resulting in the pp goal at the end of the third.

I just want to reiterate that I knew this player never changed his ways all the way back during the first game against Washington. Remember when he was trying to catch a pop fly and the defender was going to barrel him over and instead he slid to the side and gave that same player a free breakaway....yea that is the type of player this guy is.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Dude we're going to blow that record out of the water. Just look at our roster...

Chiarelli has some work to do.

neither do guys like Hall. Unfortunately most of everybody else but his line gives no **** about it. Too bad the NHL can't be like the NFL to release players from under performing. There's a whole ******** of players on the team that would be released. Most of them are MacT's deadweights and Mr Norris himself.

Yup. I hope people will remember this year when Hall starts off slow for the first 5 games next year. The guy is a monster. Too bad we have so much chaff to try and unload.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
This has been the norm lately. Haven't had any good efforts since the Rangers win. And even that was questionable.

Ava are a far superior team. Their best players are WAY better than the Oil best, and their bottom 6 is WAYYYYY better. Their D and G are also Far better. Shows how far the rest of the team has to improve on the Oil before they can even contend. Sad really when you think about it

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Chiarelli has some work to do.

Yup. I hope people will remember this year when Hall starts off slow for the first 5 games next year. The guy is a monster. Too bad we have so much chaff to try and unload.

Yep. Hall's lazy! Doesn't care about winning. Is a cancer for yelling at Yakupov!
Yet, he's been the only one who's been playing like he gives a **** on a daily basis. Strap the C on him. He's the captain of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad