GDT: XXXIII | "Orange Black & Blue" | Oilers vs. Flyers | 12.14.18 | 7:00PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(17-12-3) --vs-- (12-13-4)

Game Day: December 14th 2018
Game Time: 7:00 PM
Broadcast: Sportsnet West

-----

extralarge.png

Leon Draisaitl - Connor McDavid - Alex Chiasson
Jujhar Khaira - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jesse Puljujarvi
Milan Lucic - Kyle Brodziak - Zack Kassian
Tobias Rieder - Ryan Spooner - Drake Caggiula

Darnell Nurse - Adam Larsson
Kevin Gravel - Caleb Jones
Jason Garrison - Matt Benning

Mikko Koskinen

-----

extralarge.png

James Van Riemsdy - Claude Giroux - Travis Konecny
Michael Raffl - Sean Couturier - Jakub Voracek
Scott Laughton - Nolan Patrick - Wayne Simmonds
Oskar Lindblom - Phil Varone - Dale Weise

Ivan Provorov - Shayne Gostisbehere
Robert Hagg - Andrew MacDonald
Travis Sanheim - Radko Gudas

Anthony Stolarz

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • We played yesterday so I don't think we'll see a morning skate or line combos before warmup. Eyes are on Caleb Jones to see if he makes his NHL debut. Koskinen will start tonight's game. EDIT: Jones in with Gravel, Benning plays with Garrison...

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Should have waited a few seconds...

Caleb Jones debuts tonight. Plays with Gravel. Garrison and Benning reunited...

No forward lineup changes.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Like the thread title. Gonna be another tough game. Think they have to come out flying and then smother the game in the 2nd half of the game. I don't think they have enough gas in the tank for any sort of 3rd period heroics.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Gravel and Jones together. So that leaves Benning and Wideman? Two righties? Or does Garrison stay in? I thought Wideman was ok last night. Gravel and Jones did play in the AHL together with Jones playing the right side, so at least there will be some familiarity there.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Interesting that Philly has played 3 less games. Can’t believe 8-2-2 and still in a MUST win position........Ahhhh Koskinen

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Excited to see Jones play. More excited to see Koskinen play.

Philadelphia has a very strong team on paper. Wonder why they aren't putting it together.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I like that Benning is getting pushed back to the bottom pairing and Jones is getting the second line minutes. Big slap to Benning imo

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Willing to bet money that the pairings won't shake out that way once the actual game starts.

Benning will be ahead of Jones in ice time by at least 5 minutes and probably more like 10.

Reactions: RegDunlop

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Willing to bet money that the pairings won't shake out that way once the actual game starts.

Benning will be ahead of Jones in ice time by at least 5 minutes and probably more like 10.
Depends. Benning will get more special teams time probably cause Jones hasn't had a chance to practice those but I think there is a strong chance Jones gets more 5v5 play

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Depends. Benning will get more special teams time probably cause Jones hasn't had a chance to practice those but I think there is a strong chance Jones gets more 5v5 play

Benning played an alright 18 minutes last night. Garrison(for good reason) played 8:59.

That won't be a full time 5v5 pairing.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
I would play Wideman over Garrison, but there's no reason so far to doubt the Cock.

Flyers are gonna be pissed after blowing a two-goal lead against Calgary. McDavid and Nurse are gonna be gassed after playing huge minutes yesterday. This will be tough.

Reactions: ujju2

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
This defense right now with Klef, Russell, Sekera out is 2010-2011 bad..

Excited to watch Jones tonight though.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
So which player tonight is gonna leave us wanting more despite an average game, but be called a bust by 50% of the board and an incredible dman by the rest. Oops did I give the player away?

Reactions: Louis Cypher

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I like that Benning is getting pushed back to the bottom pairing and Jones is getting the second line minutes. Big slap to Benning imo

Not really. Jones paired with Gravel in the AHL so I'm sure they want to ease him in with some familiarity.
I'm not sure why Garrison is in the lineup other than the lefty-righty thing. Wideman should in there over him on merit.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
A little surprised by the lineup, but I trust Hitchcock's judgement. Excited to start off my weekend with this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad