Nicolas Deslauriers - David Legwand - Marcus Foligno

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen
Carlo Colaiacovo - Zach Bogosian
Jake McCabe - Cody Franson

Chad Johnson

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Score goals, hit the bodies.

- Ryan Hamilton on emergency call up. He'll play as a last resort if one of the probable forwards (Eberle?) doesn't play

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
A win and yotes loss puts this team 3 points out of a playoff spot. My goodness is the pacific division putrid this year. Will the oilers take advantage of this? We'll see.

TheGhost

Jun 11, 2015
Salmon Arm, BC
I'd love to see Khaira back on the top line with Hall and Draisaitl again. He looked really good there on Friday against Dallas. Not to mention I don't think that Eberle should be back on the top line just because he scored an OT winner.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
A win and yotes loss puts this team 3 points out of a playoff spot. My goodness is the pacific division putrid this year. Will the oilers take advantage of this? We'll see.

they can do it...it's certainly not out of the question.
once fully healthy, this team ,i think will break out...just stay in the race until then.

BELIEVE!!!

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Jesus how much are they paying Franson to play on the third pairing?

4 mil cap hit. He is averaging close to 19 minutes a night with about 2:45 PPTOI.

It's definitely not ideal but since it's only 2 years he will be gone before we need to resign most of our young guys.

Good luck tonight guys, should be a good one!

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think gf/ga is a good way to gauge how a team is.Us, Anaheim, Vancouver, and Edmonton are all pretty close.A few more of those bounces go our way in all those close games and we are in a playoff spot.

3rd place is very much in our grasp. Need a win against a terrible Buffalo team. Losing this one would be very Oilers of us.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Interesting statistic....Nilsson..has more assists than Eberle....

jvssOhZ.png

I love how Nilsson..always tries to keep the puck in play, especially when playing 3 on 3.....

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Mclellan to Fayne this morning............................

"Anders thought those early breakaways really got him into the game, so you'll play at least half of the first period."

Oct 30, 2011
Eberle and RNH need to step it up a bit, especially on the PP( I know this is more of a coaching/organisational problem right now, but their success could shift the PP line-up/dynamic)

As for Buffalo, they do have some weapons. This could be a very good game for ROR. I like what they have on their back-end. They could burn us if we give them any PP time. Potential slump-buster: Matt Moulson

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
4 mil cap hit. He is averaging close to 19 minutes a night with about 2:45 PPTOI.

It's definitely not ideal but since it's only 2 years he will be gone before we need to resign most of our young guys.

Good luck tonight guys, should be a good one!

Has he been good for you guys?

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009
Is Fayne confirmed? If so I do not like this decision, he's likely getting a chance to redeem himself but in my view doesn't deserve it.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I havent checked Buffalos stats in a while, but i remeber the "why did Buffalos rebuild work and Edmontons didnt" thread a while back:

1 more win lol

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I havent checked Buffalos stats in a while, but i remeber the "why did Buffalos rebuild work and Edmontons didnt" thread a while back:

1 more win lol

Well I thought that was settled. The hockey gods smiled at them when they got Eichel instead of McDavid. At least that's how it sounded 3 games into the year.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Has he been good for you guys?

He's been passable. He is slow and prone to defensive errors due partially to his lack of speed but he has a good first pass and has been good on the powerplay. 11 points on the season so far.

As I said, not ideal, but not bad enough to complain about. We've signed worse players to bigger contracts before.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Just win baby! Please keep our playoff hopes alive. If we can stay in the race until McDavid gets back, we might just have a chance.:yo:

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
I wonder why....

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&s=13&f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f4=D&f5=EDM&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

Fayne #1 on Oilers D for quality of comp. Gryba is #7. To add to that, Fayne has a postive corsirel and Gryba has a negative. Takes a special D to play the easiest comp and still look worse than guys playing harder minutes

Shhh! Actual data to suport conclusions is not welcome in this forum. Watch what you say around here.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
i know a lot of you guys don't want to hear it but I saw something very interesting on the hl site today ... our goal differntial is only -13, compared to the league worse calgary -29
I know its been beaten to death but guys, this is a much better team than last year and time will show that. I don't see us finishing bottom 5 and if things go right from here on we could potential be fighting for 3rd in the pacific , maybe even .550 by the time mcdcvid is back

at 10-15-2 , our next 10 look like:

Buffalo
San Jose
NYR
Boston
NYR
CHI
AVS
JETS
VAN
CAL

i could see us go :

W
W
OTL
OTL
L
OTL
W
W
W
W

15 points out of 20, thats best case tho, I guess we'll see

but for tonights game ... 4-2 Oilers :D

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Shhh! Actual data to suport conclusions is not welcome in this forum. Watch what you say around here.

Its crazy. Fayne plays amongst the hardest minutes in the NHL, ofcourse you are going to look bad. I wonder whats easier, playing 20 mins vs Kopitar, or 15 minutes against David Jones. No wonder Gryba is looking ok (even tho shot metrics still shows he sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad