GDT: #XXVII - Oilers @ Stars - "Send them to outer space" - Dec. 3 @ 6:30PM MST - SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
We are only 2 points behind our playoff pace of 2 years ago.

oilers are on pace for what, about 88 points?
when is the last time a team with 88 points made the playoffs?

even though I use it too, I admit "on pace" is a meaningless stat. for me, I think I use it when I have a flawed argument and I'm desperate to make a point.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Don't have a good feeling about this one. This team has yet to win 4 games in a row + Dallas probably wants revenge after they lost the first one + McDavid is sick. I see Dallas peppering us in the first 10 min and actually capitalizing on a couple.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
His interviews are so much better too. The fact he LISTENS to the fan base and is taking every suggestion to heart shows he is open to changes. Those who were calling Hitchcock a dinosaur and he would be old school to the guys, he's definitely been quite the opposite. Used what worked for him and adapted well. If they cannot find someone better than Hitch this summer, I REALLY hope he stays for 1 more season. At least until we find a better replacement.

Do you seriously believe he is taking and using fan suggestions and comments to formulate his decisions?

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

even though I use it too, I admit "on pace" is a meaningless stat. for me, I think I use it when I have a flawed argument and I'm desperate to make a point.
Can't really use 'on pace' argument unless you believe there's no difference between Hitch and TMac.

space321

May 11, 2011
It would be cool if this team could score more goals and win by more than a goal.

Reactions: McDrai

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
It would be cool if this team could score more goals and win by more than a goal.
giphy.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

Out of curiosity I looked this up and it turns out the answer is 2015-16 when Minnesota qualified for the playoffs as the second wildcard with a record of 38-33-11 for 87 points.

That is the only time in this playoff format a team has made the postseason with fewer than 91 points.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Don't have a good feeling about this one. This team has yet to win 4 games in a row + Dallas probably wants revenge after they lost the first one + McDavid is sick. I see Dallas peppering us in the first 10 min and actually capitalizing on a couple.

Therefore the Oilers win big. 6-2 or 6-3

Dallas riding a high,

Oilers treating themselves as underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce