RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ian, Ian, Ian...

upload_2019-12-2_1-13-54.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Go read his post history and come back telling us he's just a random fan. But first, make sure you know Cole's NHL history to fully understand what's going on.

Like, for example, when he throws Letang under the bus but wants Rutherford to sign Shatty (his friend, who played with him in STL).

Hmm, interesting. I suppose it’s possible. Perhaps someone close to him?

I mean Kevin Durant had a burner account lol

So are we all going to focus on Cole’s play away from the puck more often now?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Like I said I don't think this is Cole lmao. Might be a friend etc. You guys are out of control lol

Yeah, I’m going with member of or friend of the Cole family. Looking at the post history...the person is obsessed. They basically switch team boards the instant Cole’s switches clubs (as in, they literally switch to a new team board the moment Cole joins a new club and begin posting in the thread announcing the signing / trade). Too much of a coincidence to be a random fan.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I just realized that’s the guy who insisted on that weird Charlie Kelly math for +/-...putting that Notre Dame education to good use, eh Ian?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Like I said I don't think this is Cole lmao. Might be a friend etc. You guys are out of control lol
After further investigation, it's not Ian himself. This account once posted during a game where Cole was playing in 2017, so that can't be him. He also appears to be someone older, in his 50's or 60's.

I'd say a close family member is a good bet but I won't push that investigation further. I'm just glad it's not Ian anonymously throwing teammates under the bus on the internet.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
OMG I love this morning.

As for Ian Cole, it’s definitely not him lol. He’s smart enough to know how much shit he can get in for that. Plus he’s actually known for being a great character guys and teammate. He’s witty and funny too. If he posted on here we’d probably actually enjoy his posts. It’s almost certainly a close friend or family member though.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Just now finally made my way through this thread.

That Hawks team isn’t much of anything when their goalies aren’t constantly bailing them out and posting .960+ save percentages.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The same reason why it took the rest of us so long to realize he was good in that role. He's kind of an anomaly. Very good at one-on-one assigments, lousy at overall coverage, especially in front of the net. Normally a guy like that has no problem being the "crease clearer." But that's just not his game. It took Bednar a while to figure out Z, but I think it's also taken a while for Z to figure out Z.
Just like Barrie, Bednar realized that playing Z in very specific instances/roles is the key to his success. I never thought sheltering a guy by playing him on the opposing team’s best player/lines would be a thing. But regardless, I hope Z keeps it up and this is him turning the corner into a bona fide top 4 guy.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Well this was an interesting (and highly entertaining) page of posts to read. I'm Ian Cole, though, so it couldn't be that other guy... :sarcasm:
(or maybe it's my second account)

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I'm going with not Cole. If he's a random dude with a Cole fixation or a relative, that's fine, but if that's actually Cole it's just too embarrassing for me to deal with.

Reactions: missionAvs

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Just like Barrie, Bednar realized that playing Z in very specific instances/roles is the key to his success. I never thought sheltering a guy by playing him on the opposing team’s best player/lines would be a thing. But regardless, I hope Z keeps it up and this is him turning the corner into a bona fide top 4 guy.

Was he put in a similar role for the two games against the Hawks? I manged to miss both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad