Who should be the next Avs' callup?

• Brandon Saigeon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Chase the Sun is a fantastic goal song and I swear some people on here go looking for things to complain about.
I don't know, maybe everyone isn't into Italian electronica from the year 2000.

I'll live with it, but let's all recognize the correct opinion that as far as songs go, that song is trash.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Sorry but I will respond to all in this one thread instead of directly quoting each one of you. First of all I monitor all the boards as well as the entire league. I have been watching this game since the mid 60s 60s. I too thinks its awesome to watch a guy like Makar get up and go and hope he continues to do so for many years. I had the same feeling about EJ when he finally got to the league after p***yfooting around in college. The reality is that most all of these guys ( at one time ) in the league were the best their parts had seen. With that though, most all of these guys have to make certain adjustments to their game when they arrive in the best leagues on the planet. Now this is a league that is about goal differential. Teams win championships on goal differential. A team with a lot of d men in the minus column isn't going to win any championships. Over the last 3 years the Avs have played a grand total of 25 playoff games. Teams need to play that many in one season to win a cup. Cole did that in back to back years and the Avs have played 4 series in the last 3 years and won one. A team needs warriors back there and you have one. The flashy offense alone does not win cups. In fact last year you guys were creaming your jeans about Barrie who is a career minus 69 with a projected minus 30 for this year. You love you some Girard do you? Well he has less even strength points than Cole. So I know you love the eye test put try to watch the game away from the puck some, its a whole other world out there.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Sorry but I will respond to all in this one thread instead of directly quoting each one of you. First of all I monitor all the boards as well as the entire league. I have been watching this game since the mid 60s 60s. I too thinks its awesome to watch a guy like Makar get up and go and hope he continues to do so for many years. I had the same feeling about EJ when he finally got to the league after p***yfooting around in college. The reality is that most all of these guys ( at one time ) in the league were the best their parts had seen. With that though, most all of these guys have to make certain adjustments to their game when they arrive in the best leagues on the planet. Now this is a league that is about goal differential. Teams win championships on goal differential. A team with a lot of d men in the minus column isn't going to win any championships. Over the last 3 years the Avs have played a grand total of 25 playoff games. Teams need to play that many in one season to win a cup. Cole did that in back to back years and the Avs have played 4 series in the last 3 years and won one. A team needs warriors back there and you have one. The flashy offense alone does not win cups. In fact last year you guys were creaming your jeans about Barrie who is a career minus 69 with a projected minus 30 for this year. You love you some Girard do you? Well he has less even strength points than Cole. So I know you love the eye test put try to watch the game away from the puck some, its a whole other world out there.

Are you really saying that you're better than Tyson Barrie?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't know why it took Bednar so long to realize that giving Z shutdown assignments is the bet way to get the most out of him, but I'm glad he's been doing it over consecutive games and hope he keeps doing it.

The same reason why it took the rest of us so long to realize he was good in that role. He's kind of an anomaly. Very good at one-on-one assigments, lousy at overall coverage, especially in front of the net. Normally a guy like that has no problem being the "crease clearer." But that's just not his game. It took Bednar a while to figure out Z, but I think it's also taken a while for Z to figure out Z.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

tenor.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Seriously dude, How can you argue that a guy who is leading the d in plus minus, is second in d scoring with 10 assists with zero powerplay time, probably leads in shots blocked and hits is a liability? You must think Girards spin o ramas are the top asset on the team.

+/-

Graves +16
Cole +10
Makar +10
Zadorov +6
Girard +3
EJ -4

Blocks

Graves - 56
EJ - 48
Cole - 45
Girard - 36
Zadorov - 30
Makar - 29

Hits

Zadorov - 66
EJ - 37
Graves - 35
Cole - 29
Girard - 22
Makar - 17

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Honestly, I don’t have the time to go look through this fellow’s post history but if they historically have been obsessed with Cole across multiple teams...I’d say there’s a decent chance they are actually related to Cole or know him in some fashion. That honestly wouldn’t remotely surprise me. The hockey world isn’t huge, HF is by far the biggest dedicated hockey discussion platform in existence. It’s invariable that people close to these players — who kind of naturally might be really keen on hockey themselves — will at least take a look at boards like this. Chris Higgins’ brother used to frequently post on the Canucks board, for instance (verified by their mods). I’m sure there are many more like him who simply want to remain anonymous. Person obsessed with average player across multiple clubs? Yeah, I’d say there’s a highly likely connection.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Honestly, I don’t have the time to go look through this fellow’s post history but if they historically have been obsessed with Cole across multiple teams...I’d say there’s a decent chance they are actually related to Cole or know him in some fashion.

I went through a large part of his post history and there's WAY too much smoke to even be a close relative. It's 100% him. He talks about how the "fat coach" in STL didn't help "Cole's development" with his ice time. He said stuff about Sullivan in Pittsburgh that he shouldn't know. In another post he says STL is his favorite team (the team that drafted him). He also knew exactly what it would take for Cole to sign as an UFA (I posted that link). There are many, many other obvious posts as well.

Cole has a history of being kind of internet savvy, so using an internet forum with a burner account isn't far fetched at all for someone like him.

I originally found suspicious that someone with a Bruins AV would come to our forum and know exactly what kind of stats Cole has and would mention Girard. Right off the bat that's not normal.

To be honest I'm not against players having burner accounts here but I'm not a fan of him throwing teammate names around. He bashed several Pens dmen who had more ice time than "Cole" while being worse. Didn't appreciate him mentioning Girard twice either.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I went through a large part of his post history and there's WAY too much smoke to even be a close relative. It's 100% him. He talks about how the "fat coach" in STL didn't help "Cole's development" with his ice time. He said stuff about Sullivan in Pittsburgh that he shouldn't know. In another post he says STL is his favorite team (the team that drafted him). He also knew exactly what it would take for Cole to sign as an UFA (I posted that link). There are many, many other obvious posts as well.

Cole has a history of being kind of internet savvy, so using an internet forum with a burner account isn't far fetched at all for someone like him.

I originally found suspicious that someone with a Bruins AV would come to our forum and know exactly what kind of stats Cole has and would mention Girard. Right off the bat that's not normal.

To be honest I'm not against players having burner accounts here but I'm not a fan of him throwing teammates names around. He bashed several Pens dmen who had more ice time than "Cole" while being worse. Didn't appreciate him mentioning Girard twice either.
Its definitely fishy lol.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
To be honest I'm not against players having burner accounts here but I'm not a fan of him throwing teammates names around. He bashed several Pens dmen who had more ice time than "Cole" while being worse. Didn't appreciate him mentioning Girard twice either.
Yeah... For a guy who's supposed to be a vet in that room that is not a good look. Let's hope nobody else from the team skims these boards without posting.

Reactions: Balthazar

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

To be honest I'm not against players having burner accounts here but I'm not a fan of him throwing teammate names around. He bashed several Pens dmen who had more ice time than "Cole" while being worse. Didn't appreciate him mentioning Girard twice either.

I think the conspiracy theories are firing a little excessively right now haha.

I don’t think Ian Cole would waste his time on HF bashing Sam Girard.

P.S. Mikko, if you’re reading the Big Moose thread, I don’t actually worship you. I’m not quite that weird. I was using hyperbole. I do think your a fantastic hockey player though, and a very handsome man.

Reactions: Somesape

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad