GDT: XXV: Avs @ Blackhawks | 2 PM MT | Insensitive Thanksgiving Joke About Black Hawk

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There are probably others, but off the top of my head I can't think of a more "one step forward, two steps back" player in the entire National Hockey League than what Tyson Jost is.

Was disappointed in Dach as well, you could probably throw that game out the window, but I was honestly more impressed by Patrick and Smith in their very limited NHL action when they were rookies.

I'm kinda surprised Dach is still in the NHL to be honest, I thought they'd send him back. I don't think this was the year for him to make the jump.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm kinda surprised Dach is still in the NHL to be honest, I thought they'd send him back. I don't think this was the year for him to make the jump.
No one expected him to play this year. That's a weird decision.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I think the issue is less EJ in and of himself and more having EJ and Cole in the same lineup. You can minimize one of them by playing him on the third pair with TOI in the low-mid teens. But you can't play two guys like that with such a young defense upfront.

One of Cole and EJ needs to stop being a lineup regular, one way or the other.
EJ’s minutes are not going to drop to 12-16 a night that is just crazy talk.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If moose ever had a rebellion against humanity they would eventually lose but they would be successful in guerilla skirmishes initially.

My main takeaway from this game was that Blackhawks had a hard time dealing with the skating of MacKinnon, Nichushkin and Makar. Also, I don't really worry all that much with Francouz in goal, which is nice.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't really worry all that much with Francouz in goal, which is nice.
That's a very good point. It's very nice to have a reliable backup (especially after watching the Leafs highlights) :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Compher isn't perfect by any means, but he's a bit of a pest, can play PP2 and PK and should get 15-20G and 40P on a regular basis if he's healthy. At $3.5M/year he's a bit overpaid but not by a significant amount.

He's also a decent insurance for the second line if injuries hit.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Compher isn't perfect by any means, but he's a bit of a pest, can play PP2 and PK and should get 15-20G and 40P on a regular basis if he's healthy. At $3.5M/year he's a bit overpaid but not by a significant amount.

He's also a decent insurance for the second line if injuries hit.
Honestly, I don't know if he's overpaid in today's market.

Reactions: Jayevs

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Honestly, I don't know if he's overpaid in today's market.
I mean when Kerfoot can get that kind of money then ...

5-Laughing-Face-Gif.gif

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Still just blown away by this team. They have not let a plethora of injuries become an excuse, they play hard every single night.

It helps when you've still got guys like MacKinnon and Makar but it doesn't matter everyone else is still playing hard.

I love the fact that yeah the AHL guys probably aren't suited for full time NHL duty but they work hard to make sure they aren't the reason we lose. They might make a bad play here and there and it can be frustrating to watch but they rarely are just costing us the game.

You have to think this team should get healthier at some point, and that is scary for the rest of the league.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Compher isn't worth $3.5 right now but that contract was paying for potential too. I think the Avs will be looking at the same if they want to keep Nieto too.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think it's even more accurate than Sakic's, just not as hard or as good off the rush
Thing is Joe could pick those corners or five hole while on the rush. Hardly ever seen Joe at a stand still and taking a shot....oh well there was that one he took in Game 7. That was pretty damn accurate and went through 2 Hall of Famers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad