GDT: XXV: Avs @ Blackhawks | 2 PM MT | Insensitive Thanksgiving Joke About Black Hawk

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think it's even more accurate than Sakic's, just not as hard or as good off the rush

I believe Sakic's was superior. Gotta remember, he played during the clutch and grab, dead puck era. Also, the goalie equipment sizes were redonkulous during the 90s and 00's. Now the equipment is somewhat limited but teams are starting to put 6'4" goalies in to make up for it.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I believe Sakic's was superior. Gotta remember, he played during the clutch and grab, dead puck era. Also, the goalie equipment sizes were redonkulous during the 90s and 00's. Now the equipment is somewhat limited and teams just started putting 6'4" goalies in to make up for it.

This is a good point, but in terms of accuracy, Makar is at the blueline shooting from further away so you have to consider that. That's all I really meant by accuracy.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Compher isn't worth $3.5 right now but that contract was paying for potential too. I think the Avs will be looking at the same if they want to keep Nieto too.
JTC is worth every bit of that 3.5 already.

Bowers is likely Nieto’s replacement.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
JTC is worth every bit of that 3.5 already.

Bowers is likely Nieto’s replacement.
Agreed. Sometimes I feel like the only Compher fan here. He was good in the playoffs last season and comes up with clutch points.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I don't think it's a bad contract by any means, but I don't think he's been worth every penny so far this year. I think even he would tell you that.

There's still plenty of hockey to be played so I'm not too concerned, but he has not exactly been a bright spot for the Avs this season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
JTC is on pace for 10 goals this season. You need more than that for $3.5M.
The 3 goals is one thing but im more disappointed with his play on the kill this season. I thought JTC was a good penalty killer last year but this year it seems like hes just out there. I cant count how many times I've seen seam passes go through him. I underestimated how sorely missed Soda would be on the PK and Nemeth aswell on the PK.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The 3 goals is one thing but im more disappointed with his play on the kill this season. I thought JTC was a good penalty killer last year but this year it seems like hes just out there. I cant count how many times I've seen seam passes go through him. I underestimated how sorely missed Soda would be on the PK and Nemeth aswell on the PK.

I agree, I was hopeful JT could develop into a good PKer, because he has good speed, and lots of guys can do it. It just takes hard work and lots of studying game tape with coaches.

Unfortunately though he just hasn't been good there. He doesn't always find the shooting lane to block the shot, and he has lapses in his coverage, where he just misses the point man jumping in down low, or covers the wrong guy leaving someone open.

He's not terrible on the PK, it just isn't a strong point for him. Right now at least. It's made worse by the fact that they don't have a great PK to being with, and they're missing Calvert.

I'm not sure why Belly is 4th in PK time either. That was supposed to be one of the main reasons he was brought in. Compher's just been out there too much on the PK. I believe he was 1st in PK time the other day when I looked. He's one second behind Nieto now.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As Henchy pointed out, he's not really there because of good PK technique, he's there because he's usually the best threat for a SHG.

I really don't think he's that bad though. Certainly better than Gork.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
As Henchy pointed out, he's not really there because of good PK technique, he's there because he's usually the best threat for a SHG.

I really don't think he's that bad though. Certainly better than Gork.

You don't put someone with bad PK technique on the PK just because they're a SHG threat though.

If Bednar was only interested in a speedy forward with a good shot, he'd put Kadri on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad