GDT: XXIX | "Brandon's Revenge" | Oilers vs. Habs | 12.9.17 | 5:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Listening to East Coast national broadcasters isn't always easy. Listening to him talk about Nuge being our best player lately and relying on the bottom six isn't good...

And now they want to 'give credit' to the Oilers. The team that chased the best goalie in the league and kept going. Hmm.

Luckily we don't have this too often.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
When a player can't control himself a little bit when his team is up 6-1, I think the player deserves it.

He didn’t even lose control, he swore at the ref. That happens hundreds of times during a game.

Losing control would be to absolutely go off on him.

It’s a part of the game.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oh. You are just being that kind of poster even though the team is up 6-2.

There's still plenty to be negative about. You don't have to grasp for straws.

Not trying to take away from the win. This has been a good game. Maroon has been taking a lot of selfish penalties this year though, I think it's worth pointing out. And it's also pretty unique for a player to not be able to come to a contract agreement with Chia.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Watching this game with a few ppl who don't watch hockey much. It's hard to try to explain what a penalty is and what isn't.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Watching this game with a few ppl who don't watch hockey much. It's hard to try to explain what a penalty is and what isn't.

Just point out whenever the refs give Montreal a power play, it's not actually a penalty.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He didn’t even lose control, he swore at the ref. That happens hundreds of times during a game.

Losing control would be to absolutely go off on him.

It’s a part of the game.

I don't think either of us know everything he said down there :) I'm sure there was more than just a couple swears.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Not trying to take away from the win. This has been a good game. Maroon has been taking a lot of selfish penalties this year though, I think it's worth pointing out. And it's also pretty unique for a player to not be able to come to a contract agreement with Chia.

I think it is far too early to be calling him selfish. We don't have any inside info. As far as I know, at least. Plenty of players re-sign later on in the season. We aren't even halfway there.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I don't think either of us know everything he said down there :) I'm sure there was more than just a couple swears.

Not saying I can lip read but it looks like what you heard is what he said, didn’t even open his mouth up after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad