Charles Hudon - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Nicolas Deslaurier - Byron Forese - Daniel Carr

Jordin Benn - Shea Weber
Karl Alzner - Jeff Petry
Jakub Jerabek - David Schlemko

Carey Price

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Brossoit starts. Walker on Draisaitl's LW, apparently Strome on the RW (Per Stauffer: Caggiula, Slepyshev, Gryba, Sekera were the last guys on the ice. Sekera still on IR). I believe this should mean Davidson gets in the lineup as well.
  • Historically we've been pretty good against Price and recently in the Bell center. Drouin returns to the Habs lineup centering the top line. Drouin's been out with the flu and a LBI (i think?).

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm glad that they are sticking with Jesse on the McDavid line after bumping Drai up there last game in the 3rd. I guess we'll see what we have in Walker and Davidson today.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I, like everyone else here, am losing interest fast. To me that's the worst thing this franchise is guilty of. Compete and lose - acceptable. Put in effort and come up short - that's fine, that's what sport is about. Play entertaining and show up - fantastic, not a waste of time. But very soon if nothing changes I will be back to 'not caring', along with I assume many others.
To me that is what is unacceptable. Please fix what is wrong and at least compete.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If they lose tonight and against toronto i will be canceling my subscription to Sportsnet now.

I won't be investing my time watching garbage efforts like the Flyers game.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
A lot of the same sentiment here and I am 100% on board. Give an effort from the opening bell, dictate the flow of play, impose your will on the game. Do that and lose, go down fighting the good fight and everyone here and all Oiler fans will respect the players in a hard fought loss. Show up and glide through the motions till midway through the 3rd period and fans will want a head on a stake.

I have no idea which team will show up. The hard working one or the one who thinks entitlement will win the day.

I am hopeful Davidson’s and Walkers additions provide that spark, 2 players who are desperate to play and belong full time. Sad it’s come to that.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Oil will bounce back with a good game tonight. I predict a win. Then they will stink up the joint tmrw and lose. Cuz Oilers.

Reactions: McFlash97

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Oil will bounce back with a good game tonight. I predict a win. Then they will stink up the joint tmrw and lose. Cuz Oilers.
I don't think this would shock/surprise a single fan in Edmonton.

If Oil win tonight. They're on vacation tomorrow.

I'll almost guarantee 1 of the next 3 games is an Oiler no show.

In 3 game spans they're good for 1 good effort. 1 half game effort. And 1 game of no effort.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Management and coaching really helping these guys.

Brossoit in net

That is at minimum 5 goals the oilers have to score. Brossoit is guaranteed to let in 4 for sure.

If we lose, I hope we get pumped for 7+

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The 10 game winning streak prediction... ❌
The 20 game winning streak prediction... ❌
The 30 game winning streak prediction... ❌

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the 1 game winning streak begins this afternoon.
I dunno, Montreal has been playing better.

That said my go to call is that when belief in the Oilers once again takes another crashing tumble to zero, that's exactly when they win a game.

I'm perplexed here. I'm having next to no faith in the Oilers game, yet whenever I feel most that way they win. Its a bit confusing..I'm maybe not alone with this.;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Management and coaching really helping these guys.

Brossoit in net

That is at minimum 5 goals the oilers have to score. Brossoit is guaranteed to let in 4 for sure.

If we lose, I hope we get pumped for 7+

Brossoit in net, oh, it was kind of like a bad dream and you wake up and you thought it wasn't real and the semitruck is crashing through the wall...

Metallica reference there..

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I don't think this would shock/surprise a single fan in Edmonton.

If Oil win tonight. They're on vacation tomorrow.

I'll almost guarantee 1 of the next 3 games is an Oiler no show.

In 3 game spans they're good for 1 good effort. 1 half game effort. And 1 game of no effort.

Give the guys some credit, they have to work hard for almost 18 to 20 minutes each game..unlike most working people, that bust their ass for 8 to 10 hours each day..

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad