Purcell-Draisaitl-Pakarinen

Aulie-Fayne
Petry-Nikitin
Ference-Schultz

Viktor Fasth

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NYR PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Rick Nash - Derick Brassard - Martin St. Louis (A)
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin - Dominic Moore - Lee Stempniak
Tanner Glass - Kevin Hayes - Anthony Duclair

Marc Staal (A) - Kevin Klein
Conor Allen - Dan Girardi (A)
Matt Hunwick - Mike Kostka

Henrik Lundqvist
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]

- We've been good so far against the easier conference but will we be able to match up with cream of the crop? An injured Boston demolished us, and I expect an injured Rangers team will continue to do the same.

- Will secondary scoring be able to replace the Taylor Hall sized hole present in our lineup? Especially since our top line while cycling and dominating the play at time was not capable of putting up points against a week Buffalo squad.

- How will Pakarinen show, will he keep it up and will he look like a player moving forward?

- How many confused looks will we get from Eakins where he looks clearly out of his element and confused beyond belief?

- If we lose will we get that "big trade" being passed around the media? Can we trade Eakins for Babcock? Is that allowed?
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

KneeOnKnee

Jun 14, 2007
Alberta
Kudos to Arcobello, has been a decent stop gap at centre, i just hope they don't extend him to 8 years at 5.5 million per just because he is a decent plug, like Horcoff.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Kudos to Arcobello, has been a decent stop gap at centre, i just hope they don't extend him to 8 years at 5.5 million per just because he is a decent plug, like Horcoff.

The difference there was Horcoff in 06 look like he was on track to be a good center. We know the ending but at the time who would have thought he would have fallen that hard.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
Ference - Schultz
Nikitin - Petry
Aulie - Fayne

Those are D-pairings according to Stauffer.

#FireEakins
Jokes on D all around...

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Ference - Schultz
Nikitin - Petry
Aulie - Fayne

Those are D-pairings according to Stauffer.

#FireEakins
Jokes on D all around...

If we had a bonafide shut down dman to play with Fayne and maybe someone to replace the injured Nikitin, that lineup would be pretty alright.

Too bad we don't have those players. Because if we did, we'd definitely play them. Especially if they were youngsters looking to improve their game while improving the team, for a whole host of reasons. I mean, what kind of team would do that! A team that knows a lot about winning would always do the right thing.

Man I love these Oilers

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The difference there was Horcoff in 06 look like he was on track to be a good center. We know the ending but at the time who would have thought he would have fallen that hard.

True, but.

Go back and take a look at Horcoffs career.

Arco hasn't even played a full season in the NHL yet. If you are looking how Horcoff was tracking at roughly the same time in his career as Arco is now, Arco is at least in the conversation to be better than Horcoff.

I am of course not referring to giving Arco a big contract at this point or any point.

I think people on these boards are underestimating how good a player Arco "could" be. Just because he isn't a big shiny draft pick and is older doesn't mean he can't get a whole heck of a lot better as he adjusts to the NHL.

I am not holding my breath that Arco will ever become a top line player but when Leon hopefully grows into a great #2 center or 1b type, I don't see why Arco couldn't develop into a great #3 or 2b type.

I see Arco with his solid two way play and decent offensive instincts already a valid #3 in the NHL on most teams. Like everyone else on the Oilers, he will have to be better before we ever see the playoffs.

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
Send Arcobello to a hockey stick factory in Mexico, imo.

You realize he's one of the only players on this team on the positive side of a +/- rating, right? And he's tied with RNH for second in scoring with 4 goals?

I agree that Arco is a stopgap, and a strong, scoring 2C would be preferable. But he's not the reason this team sucks right now.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Honestly at this point I would be fine if Klefbom and Marincin were playing top pairing in OKC, let them get big minutes and confidence, which they won't be getting on this Oiler team, call them up for injuries as needed. But keep them off the big club as much as possible.

My ideal situation for next year, would be if they bought out Nikitin as he is junk, people in beer league don't back up into their goalie as much as he does. Unfortunately Petry is probably gone so u would, though I would like to keep him. I would try to aquire someone in the Josi/Jones/Voynov mold or give the best FA dman as much money as he wants on a short term deal.

Marincin - trade/UFA
Nurse - Fayne
Klefbom - Schultz
Ference - Aulie

Very young but brings in a lot of talent and enthusiasm next year, I truly feel Nurses take no BS from anyone attitude and athletic pedigree will do a ton for the Oilers room and the forwards on the ice, especially when he starts playing 20+ min, no longer will Hall and Nuge have liberties taken without someone at least having to pay for it.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
the important thing is even if we're not winning games, we keep trying to develop our young up and coming dmen, like nikitin, ference, and aulie... wait what?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Oilers will win this one last nights game against Leafs was end to end skating . Latic acid in Rangers legs will be the Oilers PP come 2nd and 3rd period.

gofafeads

Oct 10, 2008
Oilers will win this one last nights game against Leafs was end to end skating . Latic acid in Rangers legs will be the Oilers PP come 2nd and 3rd period.

Too bad Lundqvist is rested after not playing last night. He's probably gonna stonewall the oil.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
On the Edmontonoilers.com site, they have Fayne on the third pairing with Aulie while Ference on the top pairing with Schultz! :(

Last edited:

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
You realize he's one of the only players on this team on the positive side of a +/- rating, right? And he's tied with RNH for second in scoring with 4 goals?

I agree that Arco is a stopgap, and a strong, scoring 2C would be preferable. But he's not the reason this team sucks right now.

It really blows my mind how many people constantly crap on Arcobello. He's no superstar but he's been doing fine. He isn't a liability on the ice and he has enough offence in him. Good stop gap player at least. If he was a few inches taller I bet the perception would be entirely different.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
It really blows my mind how many people constantly crap on Arcobello. He's no superstar but he's been doing fine. He isn't a liability on the ice and he has enough offence in him. Good stop gap player at least. If he was a few inches taller I bet the perception would be entirely different.

Coaching and roster decisions are our teams biggest biggest areas of want right now.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

If he was a few inches taller he'd be 10-15 pounds heavier therefore he wouldn't get ***** slapped on a regular basis... I agree the criticism would be much less. Unfortunately he is what he is..

McDeathbyCheerios*

On the Edmontonoilers.com site, they have Fayne on the third pairing with Aulie while Ference on the top pairing with Schultz! :(
Well duh. They want our two Norris candidates on the 1st pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad