Xmas over Schultz still giving gifts Oil lose 5-3

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'd still bet my face that he is lightyears better than schultz.

I thought chiky played left shot on right side?
He does but a team cant function well with only left shooting d men. He is a good prospect but doesn't fill am organizational need. Draft wise we need right shot dmen or large skilled wingers. Or top 9 wingers in general.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So does Hall get any blame for this loss? Just wondering.

He gets flack for that hit on Brodie that lead to a 3 on 1 goal. However, he wasn't the one that giftwrapped the rest of the goals to the flames aka Schultz himself. Gives the puck right to Gaudreau who scores. Doesn't cover Gaudreau who's wide open and scores. Takes a penalty at Gaudreau because he can't play D in the 3rd which then lead to Giordano's GWG. **** Schultz.

Mowgli

Nov 14, 2014
This team needs to get healthy in the worst way. With Klef, McDavid, Davidson and Yak they'd never have looked back after going up 3-1.

I don't get this thinking. They were worse when all 4 were healthy. How do they suddenly make a huge difference???

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't get this thinking. They were worse when all 4 were healthy. How do they suddenly make a huge difference???

We're worse without Klefbom and Davidson. The D can barely break out the puck without turning it over to an opponent or for an icing. Besides, that's the only reason why bums like Nikitin are in the NHL atm, and especially on why "Norris" is still running the PP QB. :rolleyes:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Sportsnet Calgary was hyping Bennett all broadcast. They showed the same clip of Bennett dishing out a bodycheck over and over again.

Brodie got robbed of the 3rd star. He was dominant.
Well duh Bennett > Draisaitl ainec no matter what the stats say. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
They need to make major changes to the power play its absolutely killing us right now.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
How was Schultz not a freakin star without him the Oilers could have won this thing. Do we have an ETA on Davidson and Klefbom. When is Yak back???

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Two huge games within our division that could very well decide whether or not we make it in this year.

In those two games, we give Van their first win in OT, and we gift Calgary their record breaking home win record.

**** these oilers never fail to disappoint.

Why is it so hard for this team to put together 60 minutes of consistent play. 1 minute they're dominant, 10 minutes of ******** the bed, then another minute of dominance. It makes no sense, it's like the only way they score is by getting lucky. I've never seen a group of individuals look less like a team. Hall Drai and Purcell are the only ones who consistently look like they are playing as a team out there. The D looks like garbage and don't do dick all but ice the ****ing puck, and the other lines are so incapable of anything it's painful.

We need bottom 6 scoring, we need our Dmen to be able to make a pass instead of shooting the puck the length of the ice with no pressure, and our second line to have more than 1 game in every 10 where they show up and act like they give a ****.

I just want to see these floaters gone. I'm officially done with schultz. I really really thought he could be something special, but he has proven over and over, that he can't do anything right. He can't play D, he can't move the puck, he can't rush the puck, and he's had 1 successful pinch this whole season. Get the **** off this team you loser. Make sure you take the others who can't play hockey to save their lives with you.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Two huge games within our division that could very well decide whether or not we make it in this year.

In those two games, we give Van their first win in OT, and we gift Calgary their record breaking home win record.

**** these oilers never fail to disappoint.

Helped the flames ****** special teams as well. Embarrassing weekend performance by this team.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Second game in a row where Poo-RNH-Ebs played a ton of their minutes vs. the other team's 4th line.

I wonder if that's McLellan trying to get them going.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Second game in a row where Poo-RNH-Ebs played a ton of their minutes vs. the other team's 4th line.

Could be. I thought they looked good tonight though. Pouliot had several chances to get the hat trick, and Eberle had a few solid chances as well.

I still think Kassian could fit on that line if this trade goes through, once he's back up to speed. He's a little stronger in puck battles and a little more physical than Pouliot, and Pouliot would look better with McDavid in my opinion because he has pretty good finishing ability and speed.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

It's harder to get match-ups that you want on the road so some of that probably had to do with Hartley as well. Regardless that line looked night and day better than against YVR.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
This ****ing team...

Losing to ****ing Calgary of all teams... this one is gonna hurt...

and losing to ****ing Vancouver too. :laugh:

honestly, the Oilers look like they have started to fall back on some old habits that in past seasons have kept them at the bottom of the standings. lack of hard work, bad defense, at least when the likes of Schultz, Fayne and Nikitin are in the lineup, and so-so goaltending will be the downfall of this team as the season wears on.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
How was Schultz not a freakin star without him the Oilers could have won this thing. Do we have an ETA on Davidson and Klefbom. When is Yak back???

During the game u could see Burke talking to MacT and Chai.

Burke: "You really have something there in Schultz. Sure wish we could have signed him." Wink, Wink to Chia.

MacT: "Norris Trophy material all over him Burkie Boy. I told Chia to send down Klefbom and put Davidson on waivers. We are set with our D now for the next 10 years. Kevin highly recommends this as well. He knows a thing or two about winning. What do you think Chia?"

Chia: "Go get me and Burkie a coffee."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad