GDT: XLVIII | Oilers try to catch Lightning in a bottle | Oilers @ Lightning | 5:30 MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Woodcroft is drawing it up?

May as well just head to the airport now.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
This is a win for the oil if talbot is in net. Nilsson is god awful.

tikkanen

Jan 1, 2016
red deer
Kass, Hall, LD, and Pak have all been awesome.

Nilsson lost us this one.

Hall has played one good period...got yelled and sent to the end of the bench in second and was -3 in first two periods and then has played a good 3rd. Makes you wonder why he doesn't play 3 periods every night.

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
What? I'm streaming so I don't have a PVR, but he definitely said something along hte lines of "I don't know what Yakupov was trying to do there, he stopped skating, even if he's tired he's got to get back. I don't know what he was doing."

If you have a link that proves otherwise, I'll take it. Otherwise I'm calling BS.

Your quote is pretty close to what he said. Where in that quote does he blame Yakupov for the goal? He says he didn't make enough of an effort to prevent the goal. Subtle but important difference.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
That should be Nillson last game team ties it up he gifts them the go ahead goal on a brain dead play. Plus the fact he has played like garbage . Bring up Brossdoit waive him

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Your quote is pretty close to what he said. Where in that quote does he blame Yakupov for the goal? He says he didn't make enough of an effort to prevent the goal. Subtle but important difference.

He missed one stride. Only way he would have stopped the goal is if he knew from the get-go that Nilsson was going to be an idiot. Even then, he's not exactly wearing goalie pads. Putting your head down and busting ass to your suddenly empty net isn't a conventional defensive play.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I wonder how many games the coaching staff chooses to lose before we change the ****ing powerplay system? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad