GDT: XLVIII | Oilers try to catch Lightning in a bottle | Oilers @ Lightning | 5:30 MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

1990*

Don't get me wrong; I like Hendo and all. But I would have preferred breaking up our only scoring line of note and playing Hall at center over... this.

Having said that, it's nice to see Lander has run out of chances to cash in on his brief run last year. No more gifts for him until he can actually show a pulse at this level.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Don't get me wrong; I like Hendo and all. But I would have preferred breaking up our only scoring line of note and playing Hall at center over... this.

Having said that, it's nice to see Lander has run out of chances to cash in on his brief run last year. No more gifts for him until he can actually show a pulse at this level.

The idea is Hendo is the defensive mind and poop disturber for the line I imagine.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Heard Khaira has been playing center in the AHL and doing pretty good, any chance you guys think he can handle center duties at the NHL level?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

dont forget McDavid is only a small handful games away from returning to the line-up, so we only need short term solutions at centre

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011

derek van diest ‏@sundvandiest 2h2 hours ago
mclellan also said if bogdan yakimov had not gone back to russia, he would have been the next call up. #oilers

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Maybe I'm crazy but I'd rather give Lander the bump. He has shown nothing this year but maybe it would wake him up.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Heard Khaira has been playing center in the AHL and doing pretty good, any chance you guys think he can handle center duties at the NHL level?

He's a better centre than winger IMO and yes he can handle the NHL at centre. Unfortunately he's suspended in the AHL which holds over to the NHL. He's eligible to return for Saturday vs Nashville maybe he'll get a call up.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't mind Hendricks there at all. He's played up in the lineup before and done well. He should be a good fit as long as he keeps it simple

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
hopefully the oil can contain kucherov tonight he has been unreal the last dozen games or so. tyler johnson is back as is Palat. different team than last time we played them 2 weeks ago.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
McL on RNH's shot-blocking:

"You have to give every one of them credit for wanting to be in the lane and establishing the fact that they are willing to do it," McLellan said. "But the way young players block shots now, they lower their hands to the ice. Players used to come out and lay down, line their shin pads up. Now you come out, go down to one knee and open up your hands."

Gotta say, I think he's right. If you're a 1st-overall pick with tons of offensive talent, the only time you should be using your hands to block slapshots is in the closing minutes of a playoff series.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

"You have to give every one of them credit for wanting to be in the lane and establishing the fact that they are willing to do it," McLellan said. "But the way young players block shots now, they lower their hands to the ice. Players used to come out and lay down, line their shin pads up. Now you come out, go down to one knee and open up your hands."

Gotta say, I think he's right. If you're a 1st-overall pick with tons of offensive talent, the only time you should be using your hands to block slapshots is in the closing minutes of a playoff series.

It's good to see McLellan say this publicly. Gotta think he's going to be adding proper shot blocking to his teaching of our other young stars. Totally unnecessary risk.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's good to see McLellan say this publicly. Gotta think he's going to be adding proper shot blocking to his teaching of our other young stars. Totally unnecessary risk.

You'd think they would've covered that at some point. It's a pretty important part of the defensive game.

Love this.

They haven't thrown this guy under the bus yet.

You gotta be patient, kid.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Could we win another one guys???

Good things could happen if we do! TB is no joke - let's see if we can catch lighting in a bottle!

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

TMac is great. Very good quotes on both RNH and Yakimov.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I have no sympathy -- this fool had a pretty decent opportunity, and squandered it by going AWOL. Good riddance, and I see exactly why the flight risk stereotype exists for Russian picks.

I believe he had a family issue which is why he returned to Russia this year....

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hope Lander get some looks with skill guys. Not that he deserves it, but because I want PC looking at a replacement for Lander if he can't show well with the good players.

Give him his one last shot

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
hopefully the oil can contain kucherov tonight he has been unreal the last dozen games or so. tyler johnson is back as is Palat. different team than last time we played them 2 weeks ago.

Johnson and Palat both played last time. Same team as last time. We're not though. Nuge is out.

Really tough matchup. But if Hall and Drai are on we have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad