GDT: XL | "The Other Side Of the Looking Glass" | Oilers vs. Isles | 1.4.15 | 7:30PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Isles fan here...Great game you guys played tonight...I always wish EDM well as you guys remind me of the Islanders out west...

Hopefully in the not so distant future we could get a repeat of the 80's...

Good luck the rest of the way

I was thinking of this today. The Oilers-Islanders clashes are "the good old days" for me, and it's great to see the Islanders having a strong season. Hopefully we'll join you some day.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It's a damn shame Nelson wasn't coach of this team from Day 1.

Shows just how bad Eakins was.

"Well, if a guy like Eakins can't turn it around, it's obviously on the #1, super kids. You have to trade everyone. Blaming Eakins for the players' ability isn't fair. Bleh pfftt blefffhh pfllleefff." - Every "expert" on the main boards who wouldn't bother themselves with watching a single Oiler game, yet knew all of their problems.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I haven't watched a game in while but from what I can see in one game this team looks much better under Nelson so far. For anyone whose watched more games since the change, what are your thoughts so far?
The team doesn't go on tilt. When something bad happens they tend to calm down and keep playing. They are more physical, finish their checks and the allocation of ice time is much better

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
how was Ference +3? I didn't watch the game intently but he looked bad to me when I was paying attention

McDeathbyCheerios*

how was Ference +3? I didn't watch the game intently but he looked bad to me when I was paying attention
He was on at the start of the second... I think he was on for the Roy goal and the empty netter

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I'm not sure this isn't just new coach effect, where they're playing well to impress him and after awhile they'll go back to their own ways. Nevertheless, good to see a better effort.

Gambl0r83*

Yet the Islanders managed to still do well without Hamonic, Boychuck, and Visnovsky for a persiod of time this year.

Let's just say I'm glad you're not working for the team. Afraid to see how much worse things would be with oversly simplistic views like this.

Now your conforming to insulting my intelligence because you don't really have a rebuttle. Typical

Keep writing irrelevant paragraph posts that can be summed up in one sentence, you need more experience here buddy. Stop tootin' your own horn

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I haven't watched a game in while but from what I can see in one game this team looks much better under Nelson so far. For anyone whose watched more games since the change, what are your thoughts so far?

Ehhh the team had a nice run against the East with Eakins but yeah.

Most of the problems with this team remain Mac T's problem.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
People said coaching had zero impact on our performance but it looks like they were fairly wrong so far.

I see it with the Devils too. Granted we're only 2-3-0 since we fired dumboer, but we actually look like a completely different team. They're playing hard, and they remembered how to play smart, responsible hockey.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
much more balanced ice time ..1st line 17-18 min only. Nikitin ~16 min, and Schultz 19 min but 2 full minutes on the PP

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm not sure this isn't just new coach effect, where they're playing well to impress him and after awhile they'll go back to their own ways. Nevertheless, good to see a better effort.

We'll see.

Also additions of Roy, Lander and Fraser look good.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
People said coaching had zero impact on our performance but it looks like they were fairly wrong so far.

I thought the Isles outplayed them pretty badly tonight. I don't think they look that much better under Nelson tbh. Scrivens has stepped up his game though and has been the difference.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The quote function getting screwed up makes it look like Gambl0r is arguing with himself in post #262.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
It feels good to watch the boys work hard and win. I hope this becomes a habit.

6 out of 8 points with a completely demoralized roster and some waiver fodder, hopefully we keep it up and things start clicking. More likely though some excuse about how Nelson has to go down to OKC to get them playoff ready and Bucky is brought back up here to interim coach the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad