GDT: XL | "The Other Side Of the Looking Glass" | Oilers vs. Isles | 1.4.15 | 7:30PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Keep picking guys up on waivers and replacing losers with no effort that are already in the lineup, wouldn't be that shocked if we start winning a lot more games.

nyy486

Dec 2, 2014
This is so far off, it's not even funny. The Islanders were crippled with injuries last year with their best player (JT), one of their top defenseman (Lubo, and their top D, Hamonic battling injuries all year), among others, and they were forced to run with two AHL goalies worse than Scrivens after Nabokov missed a ton of time.

They've also had huge strides in development from Nelson and Hickey, and are having very good first full years from Boychuk and Halak are just the two highest profile changes among many changes between last year and this year, so NO, it's not a measly two things that turned them from crap to 1st.

Islanders have JT, Nelson, Nielsen, Strome, and Grabovski all as top-6 level NHL centers and arguably have 6 defensemen who are top-4 quality. But hey, adding a goalie and defenseman will get the Oilers the same results, right?[/QUOTE]

Indeed it will
It really is as simple as that
we added Pronger and Roloson in 2006, what happened? SC finals
Following year, Roloson is pushing 36 and Pronger is gone. Result: Don't even make the playoffs
Do the math

No Halak, no Boychuck, Islanders are not in playoff contention
Period

Yet the Islanders managed to still do well without Hamonic, Boychuck, and Visnovsky for a persiod of time this year.

Let's just say I'm glad you're not working for the team. Afraid to see how much worse things would be with oversly simplistic views like this.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Wow... Nelson has yet to lose in relegation. Only overtime

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles fan here...Great game you guys played tonight...I always wish EDM well as you guys remind me of the Islanders out west...

Hopefully in the not so distant future we could get a repeat of the 80's...

Good luck the rest of the way

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's a damn shame Nelson wasn't coach of this team from Day 1.

Shows just how bad Eakins was.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
I haven't watched a game in while but from what I can see in one game this team looks much better under Nelson so far. For anyone whose watched more games since the change, what are your thoughts so far?

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I haven't watched a game in while but from what I can see in one game this team looks much better under Nelson so far. For anyone whose watched more games since the change, what are your thoughts so far?

Working harder

Better goaltending

Less ice time for Schultz?

What did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad