GDT: XIII | "Something Be Bruin" | Oilers vs. Bruins | 11.6.14 | 5:00 PM | SN-360

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Eakins has that look on his face. He knows he's going to be fired.

You know honestly I don't think he's a bad person or even a bad coach per se, but a rookie coach being put into this situation was honestly unfair to him too (aside from the fat contract he got from Mac T).

Even the most, hardened, experienced NHL coach in his prime coaching years would have his patience tested to the max here, Eakins was a disaster waiting to happen.

Exactly. Unbelievable hubris by Mac T to think a rookie coach could teach these guys.

Think Eakins should go be an assistant somewhere and get another opportunity down the line.

Not really sure how to fix the Oilers other than a top to bottom enema.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
MacT and Lowe right now:

dA5IUA1.png

Perfect.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC

You know honestly I don't think he's a bad person or even a bad coach per se, but a rookie coach being put into this situation was honestly unfair to him too (aside from the fat contract he got from Mac T). He needed to spend a year or two being an assistant before he was ready for this.

Even the most, hardened, experienced NHL coach in his prime coaching years would have his patience tested to the max here, Eakins was a disaster waiting to happen.

He honestly looked like he aged 15 years in that one shot. Face flushed and everything.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Exactly. Unbelievable hubris by Mac T to think a rookie coach could teach these guys.

Think Eakins should go be an assistant somewhere and get another opportunity down the line.

Not really sure how to fix the Oilers other than a top to bottom enema.

I feel bad for MacT, a rookie GM being asked to get a team out of the basement.

It isn't fair for him, either.

Placed there by Mr. Lowe.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
How long are we really going to have to watch Draisaitl and Arcobello play as 2 of our centers?

HumbleOilFan

Feb 15, 2007

You know honestly I don't think he's a bad person or even a bad coach per se, but a rookie coach being put into this situation was honestly unfair to him too (aside from the fat contract he got from Mac T). He needed to spend a year or two being an assistant before he was ready for this.

Unfair? Wasn't the word that MacT wanted him as an associate to Krueger but he wouldn't sign unless he was HC? Isn't this why the Krueger firing was so out of left field to him? Arrogance made eakins think he was HC material in this league. Not unfair. His fault.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
talk about homers, "yakupov dives trying to make a call" "dougie hamilton has the minutes, the production, and the plus minus, this guy is gonna be the best dman in the league"

Yeah I don't think I could handle the listening to the bruins feed with the way this game went.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Spector ripping the team on Twitter right now.

Oh look, Lucic scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad