GDT: XIII | "Something Be Bruin" | Oilers vs. Bruins | 11.6.14 | 5:00 PM | SN-360

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Can someone help me?

I thought delayed penalties were waived when a goal was scored during the delayed penalty. Am I just insane or was/is that a rule?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Dallas Eakins needs to sit Nikitin.

Guy has been just an absolute trainwreck.

Can't believe Marincin got scratched for this.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Scrivens is pretty horrendous as well. The Racicot Line for our goaltending continues.

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
Nuge has some life in him at least.

Think if he wasn't carrying the husk of Eberle around the ice with him shift after shift.

If Yakupov had started the season as Eberle has he'd be demoted down to the Albuquerque old-timers rec league by now.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The only thing worse than watching this collapse is listening to Jack Michaels call it. I dislike when Center Ice only gives the home team broadcast option.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Remember Nikitin was a highly sought-after free agent that we had to overpay to bring here guys.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Can someone help me?

I thought delayed penalties were waived when a goal was scored during the delayed penalty. Am I just insane or was/is that a rule?
Boston was on the PP when there was a delayed penalty. If a goal is scored, the goal wipes out the current PP and the delayed penalty is still called.

If it was even strength, the goal would have wiped out the delayed penalty.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eakins has that look on his face. He knows he's going to be fired.

You know honestly I don't think he's a bad person or even a bad coach per se, but a rookie coach being put into this situation was honestly unfair to him too (aside from the fat contract he got from Mac T). He needed to spend a year or two being an assistant before he was ready for this.

Even the most, hardened, experienced NHL coach in his prime coaching years would have his patience tested to the max here, Eakins was a disaster waiting to happen.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
MacT and Lowe right now:

dA5IUA1.png

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Can someone help me?

It's only cancelled if your not on the PP already, in which case the partially completed penalty gets cancelled

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Boston was on the PP when there was a delayed penalty. If a goal is scored, the goal wipes out the current PP and the delayed penalty is still called.

If it was even strength, the goal would have wiped out the delayed penalty.

Ahh, that makes sense. Gotcha.

It's only cancelled if your not on the PP already, in which case the partially completed penalty gets cancelled

Gotcha. Thanks muchly.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Maybe Taylor Hall finds his way to Boston after the eventual trade request that could easily occur.

HumbleOilFan

Feb 15, 2007
Can someone help me?

They were already on PK. Goal negates original PP however another penalty called on the same play. Basically two PPs. Goal only killed the first.

TopCookie

Jun 25, 2012
How many top 3 draft picks do we need to be competitive? Look at the flames for crying out loud, at least they show effort with the group of forwards they have

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The difference between the Bruins and us right now is Boston is an NHL team and we are a joke.

Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad