Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Also not sure why John Moore hasn't been moved to LTIR for the $, or if thats a move that comes in the next few days. He's out at least 5 months.

ltir is not free money.
You have to be at the cap before it can be utilized.
Right now too many guys shuffling in and out so numbers change by the hour. Injured and covid.

Dom can explain it. He posts almost daily the fluctuations.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
All of those wonderful reasons to acquire him are also wonderful reasons why Calgary won’t move him
Unlikely won’t move him but Calgary is sputtering. There’s always a chance. Giordano getting older. Maybe they decide to pack it in & rebuild around Tkachuk.. ship everyone 25+ out. I’d give up a handsome haul for Lindholm. Unlikely but I’m trying to think outside the box

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Also not sure why John Moore hasn't been moved to LTIR for the $, or if thats a move that comes in the next few days. He's out at least 5 months.

Because you don’t use LTIR unless you’re as close to the cap as you can possibly be. LTIR isn’t a move you make for the sake of making a move. It’s not black and white, meaning it’s actually a really intricate, strategic process honestly. You don’t want to use LTIR if you’re under the cap or else you won’t get nearly as much utilization out of it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Oh jeez thank god you’re here with a witty remark, fantastic emoji, and to correct the “truth”

and yet you completely missed that I was talking about the expansion draft when rattling off your list of UFAs

Impressive.

Those aren't UFAs, those are the guys teams will be exposing. Its an extremely unimpressive list. Teams planned for this.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Unlikely won’t move him but Calgary is sputtering. There’s always a chance. Giordano getting older. Maybe they decide to pack it in & rebuild around Tkachuk.. ship everyone 25+ out. I’d give up a handsome haul for Lindholm. Unlikely but I’m trying to think outside the box
It’s a nice dream, but he’s 26 and in or about to enter his prime. He’s also on one of the league’s best contracts. The Flames have zero reason to move him and honestly they would be absolute fools to do so

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
More cap savy people have specified why, I can't remember, but paraphrasing, most cap relief comes from putting him on LTIR as late as possible? ie. when we are actually making the deal, he goes on.

Maybe someone can give the actual details of that. But that's just my understanding.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille