Xbox Showcase/Starfield Direct

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Would rather take the risk that might happen then pay $90 for each game.
Unless we are talking Nintendo first-party games which are $79.99 CAD outside of Tears of the Kingdom, and random sales down to like $54.99, most games are available significantly cheaper than that 6 months or so after launch with frequent sales. I'll still buy stuff at launch for all the ecosystems I'm in (PS5, PC, Switch), but obviously, it has to be a title I'm very excited for (say God of War: Ragnarok) and I always wait for reviews which will hopefully tell me whether a game is a buggy-mess that I should probably wait on (Jedi: Survivor).

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Unless we are talking Nintendo first-party games which are $79.99 CAD outside of Tears of the Kingdom, and random sales down to like $54.99, most games are available significantly cheaper than that 6 months or so after launch with frequent sales. I'll still buy stuff at launch for all the ecosystems I'm in (PS5, PC, Switch), but obviously, it has to be a title I'm very excited for (say God of War: Ragnarok) and I always wait for reviews which will hopefully tell me whether a game is a buggy-mess that I should probably wait on (Jedi: Survivor).

Some AAA titles after taxes are around $90. For some games I also don’t want to wait 6 months for while my friends play them (example MLB The Show)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There is nothing better than going to load up a game that you digitally purchased only to find that it has been removed and you no longer have access to it.
This is a rare occurrence though, even if a game is delisted you’ll usually maintain access to it. Transformers devastation for example is delisted but I can still play it on ps plus. There is a handful of examples of delisting plus taking it out of your library but it’s rare.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah, but unless you are content with playing on cloud, building a PC that will consistently outperform a Series X is likely to cost you notably more than a Series X due to all the optimization done to get games running on console. I have a PC that on paper that should dramatically outperform the Series X/PS5, and with certain games that isn't exactly the case. Like in theory the Series X is essentially a a 3600 cpu, and a RX 6600 graphics card, but generally on games optimized it will punch above it's specs.

Cloud works for some games, but I don't think a first person shooting game designed to run 30fps on consoles is gonna run particularly great on cloud.

For sure, cloud gaming is still pretty nascent, and there will be limitations and growing pains as it evolves.

I see this in a generational timeframe. It will take 20+ years to truly get to a post-console / post gaming PC world. There will always be those who want consoles and gaming PCs, but I would bet that it will become more and more niche as people just opt to play on whatever devices they already own. For most people, that’s the most convenient option.

Who knows, maybe AR / VR becomes the most common platform, making flat screens seem quaint.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Analysts are predicting within 5-10 years, all major AAA games are going to go digital only. And it makes a lot of sense.
If that happens then there is nothing I can do about it. I've bought a quite amount of games digitally, especially for Steam so it isn't a foreign device to me, but I prefer physical copies.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I've moved from pessimistic and expecting a bust to cautiously optimistic about Starfield. Still not entirely sold and won't be until I know the story is okay and some characters have some depth, but fingers crossed. The gameplay looks much better than it did a year ago.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Showcasing Phantom Liberty gameplay now. More like Keanu interview. Sounds like he really liked playing Johnny Silverhand.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
First Descendant looks a bit like Warframe. Based on that torpedo-like aerial attack.

Crossplay on Xbox consoles and PC on August 22 - 28, release planned for this year for the game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh they're actually playing 33 Immortals.

So it tales place in Inferno and the players have to complete Torture Chambers. I remember a C-64 game that had Torture Chambers. Creatures!

Hopefully that isn't as difficult as Hades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad