Xbox Series X

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'm assuming you can rotate that thing, otherwise I imagine some people will have a hard time finding a spot for that in their TV cabinets.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think the name is fine considering they boxed themselves in by abandoning the number system, what are you going to call it, the Xbox One Two?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The design is not super unusual, the 2013 mac pro did it, was designed to reduce noise, it unforunately had serious overheating problems, still looks fine to me personally.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It looks huge. I understand you can rotate it but I am looking at my Xbox One X and I'm looking at my 360 and my original... they all look smaller. Maybe it's an issue of perception. It's boxier so on its side it's taller but shallower. I don't know.

Whatever I'll still be picking it up.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It looks huge. I understand you can rotate it but I am looking at my Xbox One X and I'm looking at my 360 and my original... they all look smaller. Maybe it's an issue of perception. It's boxier so on its side it's taller but shallower. I don't know.

Whatever I'll still be picking it up.

It looks like the width of a controller and the height of a 1,5 litre plastic soda bottle. That'll be easy to carry in a tube bag. I prefer this over the X1X, not easy to fit in a smaller backpack.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know people are saying that should probably be able to sit sideways, but considering what the cooling looks like, it looks like it may cause thermal issues laying on its side. The PS4/One has the air and cooling blowing out the back of the console, so it allows you to have it vertical and horizontal without issues. However, this has it right at the top, so heat flow may not be managed as well. But that's just me in terms of looking at it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
So I guess outside of VR we aren't going to see any innovation in controllers anymore? To be fair I don't know what could be done at this point, but I was hoping they'd have something new up their sleeves.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
So I guess outside of VR we aren't going to see any innovation in controllers anymore? To be fair I don't know what could be done at this point, but I was hoping they'd have something new up their sleeves.

Naw leave the controllers alone. If they switched to anything like the design of the PlayStation controllers I wouldn’t buy one.

The design of the console is different, I like it. Looks like a mini subwoofer that I can place beside my tv stand.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Naw leave the controllers alone. If they switched to anything like the design of the PlayStation controllers I wouldn’t buy one.

I'm not talking about swapping the location of the d-pad and analog stick or something like that lol. Those two controllers are basically the same other than some ergonomic differences.

And that's my point. It's kind of disappointing that the way we play games has hardly changed at all in the last couple decades. Maybe the current control layout can't be beat, in which case new consoles are just not that exciting since all that really changes is improved graphics. I have to give Nintendo credit for trying new control methods and even console form factors out over the years, even if the results are often mixed. Microsoft and Sony have made half-hearted attempts at different control methods with things like Kinnect and the EyeToy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad