WWE: WWE's Most Wanted Treasures series

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It looked interesting to me until I found out that it's hosted by Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. :thumbd:

wwe-most-wanted-treasures-2048x1152-promo-16x9-2.jpg

Reactions: Habsrule

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Those close-ups of Stephanie sure showed that she's had some work done on her face - when she smiles her ears move forward a couple of inches. ;)

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I'm a collector of vintage toys, especially wrestling, so this is interesting to me. I'd be surprised if it has enough of an audience to be sustainable outside the network, but hey I'm in.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I like this show and am really looking forward to the Ric Flair episode next Sunday. That being said a couple of things about this show drive me absolutely nuts:

- AJ and whoever is with him each week never ask the collector just how much he paid for the item that they want to buy. If I paid $2,000 for something I'm sure as hell not going to accept $500 for it.

- every week AJ whines that he has a budget that he has to stick to. What a load of crap - it's the WWE for pete's sake. They could easily afford 100 times the supposed $5,000 limit that AJ always says he has.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I like this show and am really looking forward to the Ric Flair episode next Sunday. That being said a couple of things about this show drive me absolutely nuts:

- AJ and whoever is with him each week never ask the collector just how much he paid for the item that they want to buy. If I paid $2,000 for something I'm sure as hell not going to accept $500 for it.

- every week AJ whines that he has a budget that he has to stick to. What a load of crap - it's the WWE for pete's sake. They could easily afford 100 times the supposed $5,000 limit that AJ always says he has.

With the way these types of shows are, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have all the details and expectations ironed out before the cameras got involved. Agreed on the budget stuff though, Vince could have spent $100K on that Giant Machine mask without a second thought just so the other guy couldn't get it himself :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Fair game if Sonny Ono made them think he was going to sell them Andre's mask and at a certain price, but the moaning from Henry and Show when he didn't was a bit much. The WWE and the McMahons have how much money and another couple of grand for something is nothing to them. I get that it's television, but still.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Fair game if Sonny Ono made them think he was going to sell them Andre's mask and at a certain price, but the moaning from Henry and Show when he didn't was a bit much.

And I just love their tired schtick of saying " and if you sell / give us this unique item everybody can get a chance to see it ". It should really be " and if you sell / give us this item the WWE can get $20 from anybody that wants to pay admission and see this ". :shakehead

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
And I just love their tired schtick of saying " and if you sell / give us this unique item everybody can get a chance to see it ". It should really be " and if you sell / give us this item the WWE can get $20 from anybody that wants to pay admission and see this ". :shakehead

Didn’t read your other post as I just posted in the thread without reading it. I think it’d be more interesting if they simply negotiated a bit and if Show or whoever offered a picture and an autograph or something to push it over the line. Either way as someone who really wants to get some wrestling memorabilia but can’t bring himself to go all in I do find the items and their stories interesting.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The Henry and Big Show thing was a bit silly, if they were so emotionally attached why didn't they toss a few bucks in? Both of those guys had million $ salaries for like 10-15 years, they could have thrown in 500 bucks or something to sweeten the deal

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Fair game if Sonny Ono made them think he was going to sell them Andre's mask and at a certain price, but the moaning from Henry and Show when he didn't was a bit much. The WWE and the McMahons have how much money and another couple of grand for something is nothing to them. I get that it's television, but still.

I was left wondering if Onoo even sold the mask or if the auction was also made for TV.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The Henry and Big Show thing was a bit silly, if they were so emotionally attached why didn't they toss a few bucks in? Both of those guys had million $ salaries for like 10-15 years, they could have thrown in 500 bucks or something to sweeten the deal

With the $$ these collectors throw around and have into their items, $500 isn't even pocket change let alone enticing enough to coax them into giving up a once-in-a-lifetime item. I used to be a wrestling toy collector and the people I met were absolutely insane in that regard. Collections worth more than their house...

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
With the $$ these collectors throw around and have into their items, $500 isn't even pocket change let alone enticing enough to coax them into giving up a once-in-a-lifetime item. I used to be a wrestling toy collector and the people I met were absolutely insane in that regard. Collections worth more than their house...

Oh I understand that, I just meant if AJ had a budget but Big Show and Henry were so upset about the auction, that they could have thrown something in to get it done.

Obviously the whole premise of the show is more fake than pro wrestling itself, I don't blame Sonny or any collector trying to get as much as they can, why should they give a billion dollar company a break?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Oh I understand that, I just meant if AJ had a budget but Big Show and Henry were so upset about the auction, that they could have thrown something in to get it done.

Obviously the whole premise of the show is more fake than pro wrestling itself, I don't blame Sonny or any collector trying to get as much as they can, why should they give a billion dollar company a break?

I do agree and thought the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad