GDT: WWE Wrestlemania (7th April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I can't wait for mania. My hype level for mania this year is through the roof - much more so then in past years. I absolutely love a lot of the top matchups this year - whereas WM31, 32, 33 and 34 have had some of the worst matchups ever for me in comparison. Here are my thoughts on some of the matches that interest me:

Becky vs Ronda vs Charlotte - I'm going to set the bar really, really high, but to me this is MOTY candidate or bust. And it's not always about "technical wrestling" to make it a MOTY, simply a great story/brawl can do that too. I have very high hopes that the 3 women will put on an absolute show stealer. Love her or hate her, Ronda has been fantastic in big matches so far, her debut last year was insane. Becky has been on fire, and this is her big chance, and i'm sure she'll do everything she can to make it memorable. And although I would have preferred Charlotte not be included in the matchup - Charlotte is absolutely fantastic when it comes to putting on a good match, so she'll help a lot here. I hope the finish is memorable too (I wouldn't even be mad if we had a recall to WMX7, where Ronda aligns herself with Stephanie to come out with victory as a heel). I like the possibility of leaving mania with a 1vs1 Ronda vs Becky feud, and having Ronda win at mania to have Becky win out the next one could be passable for me. If Becky wins at mania - that's fine too of course.

Bryan vs Kofi. I'm still a huge Daniel Bryan fan, so i love seeing him in a top spot. I don't like Kofi as much as others have - but i've always liked him as a midcard guy. Not sure I see him as a credible main event guy yet - but i love that WWE is giving up this matchup, and listened to the crowd reactions with Kofi. It should be a great match. I'm rooting for Bryan - but would be ok with Kofi winning. The one thing I hope doesn't happen is - Daniel Bryan doesn't cheat to win. Even though he's small i think he's a legitimate champion - I love that he won at EC clean. I want this to be clean too - regardless of outcome.

Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar. I think this will be a fantastic show. A bit like WM31 turned out (though no cash-in involved here). I love that this isn't the biggest match on the card anymore, so expectations aren't as high. Win or lose I want to be surprised by the outcome, so I hope they have memorable spots and mostly intrigue during match. I could see it going either/way, and for a Lesnar match this makes it special to me.

Orton vs AJ Styles. I'm not a big fan of either guy - but i love that they held off on this and that mania is their first match ever. I think it'll be a great match.

Other matches I look forward to include Miz vs Shane, HHH vs Batista, Joe vs Rey...i even usually enjoy Battle Royals, so hoping they end up being harmless fun too.

I'm intrigued to see who comes out to interrupt Elias. The easy money says it's John Cena - but if it ended up being someone else, like Taker, Rock, Austin or Hogan - it would be even better.

Should be a great show - i'm hyped.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm also very excited. I'm looking forward to more than half the card which is better than I say for a lot of other Manias.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can't wait for mania. My hype level for mania this year is through the roof - much more so then in past years. I absolutely love a lot of the top matchups this year - whereas WM31, 32, 33 and 34 have had some of the worst matchups ever for me in comparison. Here are my thoughts on some of the matches that interest me:

Becky vs Ronda vs Charlotte - I'm going to set the bar really, really high, but to me this is MOTY candidate or bust. And it's not always about "technical wrestling" to make it a MOTY, simply a great story/brawl can do that too. I have very high hopes that the 3 women will put on an absolute show stealer. Love her or hate her, Ronda has been fantastic in big matches so far, her debut last year was insane. Becky has been on fire, and this is her big chance, and i'm sure she'll do everything she can to make it memorable. And although I would have preferred Charlotte not be included in the matchup - Charlotte is absolutely fantastic when it comes to putting on a good match, so she'll help a lot here. I hope the finish is memorable too (I wouldn't even be mad if we had a recall to WMX7, where Ronda aligns herself with Stephanie to come out with victory as a heel). I like the possibility of leaving mania with a 1vs1 Ronda vs Becky feud, and having Ronda win at mania to have Becky win out the next one could be passable for me. If Becky wins at mania - that's fine too of course.

Bryan vs Kofi. I'm still a huge Daniel Bryan fan, so i love seeing him in a top spot. I don't like Kofi as much as others have - but i've always liked him as a midcard guy. Not sure I see him as a credible main event guy yet - but i love that WWE is giving up this matchup, and listened to the crowd reactions with Kofi. It should be a great match. I'm rooting for Bryan - but would be ok with Kofi winning. The one thing I hope doesn't happen is - Daniel Bryan doesn't cheat to win. Even though he's small i think he's a legitimate champion - I love that he won at EC clean. I want this to be clean too - regardless of outcome.

Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar. I think this will be a fantastic show. A bit like WM31 turned out (though no cash-in involved here). I love that this isn't the biggest match on the card anymore, so expectations aren't as high. Win or lose I want to be surprised by the outcome, so I hope they have memorable spots and mostly intrigue during match. I could see it going either/way, and for a Lesnar match this makes it special to me.

Orton vs AJ Styles. I'm not a big fan of either guy - but i love that they held off on this and that mania is their first match ever. I think it'll be a great match.

Other matches I look forward to include Miz vs Shane, HHH vs Batista, Joe vs Rey...i even usually enjoy Battle Royals, so hoping they end up being harmless fun too.

I'm intrigued to see who comes out to interrupt Elias. The easy money says it's John Cena - but if it ended up being someone else, like Taker, Rock, Austin or Hogan - it would be even better.

Should be a great show - i'm hyped.
Styles/Orton wrestled once but they were obviously holding back and it was two years ago.

It’ll be great.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
WTF

The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) (c) vs Zack Ryder & Curt

Is it just me or are people actually looking forward to this match?
I don’t understand with all WWE talent why is this match even on the card?
I would turn the channel if it was on Raw let alone the biggest stage.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As strange and bizarre and not worthy of the main card that match is, I am oddly into the idea of seeing Hawkins end the streak on the big stage. It would be heartwarming tbh.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is it not on the pre-show?

Hawkins and Ryder win and then Revival get the titles back on Monday lol

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
The stage is looking dope.

Apparently the LED boards are motorized and will move around.

mania.jpg

D3YwvWOWsAAcSH6.jpg

D3YwvWQWsAAIlOW.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shane’s jumping off that lol

Guaranteed I’ll complain that I’m tired at some point but I’m actually looking forward to the main event for a change compared to the years of Roman/Lesnar, Roman/Taker and Roman/HHH so that should keep me going.

I can’t wait for Randy/AJ, legit

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
WTF

The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) (c) vs Zack Ryder & Curt

Is it just me or are people actually looking forward to this match?
I don’t understand with all WWE talent why is this match even on the card?
I would turn the channel if it was on Raw let alone the biggest stage.

I am guessing that this will be the squash match on the card.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
something that i love is the WM stages. this one looks like a giant screen only. no doubt its gonna be cool but last time they went there it was insanely beautiful with the bridge.
oh well.. i should wait to see final product anyways.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they were going to give Ryder and Hawkins the tag title match I don’t know why they’ve been doing Black and Ricochet for a month just to put them in the SD Tag Title match tho. They could have used this month to build Hawkins and make people care at least somewhat about the streak.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
something that i love is the WM stages. this one looks like a giant screen only. no doubt its gonna be cool but last time they went there it was insanely beautiful with the bridge.
oh well.. i should wait to see final product anyways.

I heard they are behind schedule. They have more to build around the stage and apparently they will build the NYC skyline behind the main video board.

Reactions: Disclose

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If they were going to give Ryder and Hawkins the tag title match I don’t know why they’ve been doing Black and Ricochet for a month just to put them in the SD Tag Title match tho. They could have used this month to build Hawkins and make people care at least somewhat about the streak.

My guess is that Vince just got an idea in his head and threw whatever Creative had, out the window so that they could go with whatever he wanted. Which, in this case, appears to be Hawkins' streak ending. Guess we'll find out in two days. #VinceLogic

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I fully expect Hawkins and Ryder to win and drop the belts the next night back to The Revival.

Gonna lol if they’re gonna bury The Revival because they still want to leave though

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate the outdoor stadium manias due to those HUGE beams. I couldn't imagine sitting behind one of those. I would hate it.

Reactions: TNT87

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I will always hate the outdoor Mania's because of how sound escapes. I get why they do it but it kills the atmosphere of so many matches. Pops aren't sustained, if they're even loud enough to get picked up on TV to begin with, matches get hurt by this, moments get hurt by this. It's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad