GDT: WWE Wrestlemania 34 (8th April 2018)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
you're watching Wrestlemania

Strowman comes out and says he found his partner

he says he's the monster, and his partner is an animal

this hits:

what do you do

I pop. I love Batista and his heel character prior to leaving the first time was hilarious. He wanted a better spot when he came back and shit on WWE for the position they put him in. Then HHH laughed that GotG was going to be good.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I poked about the WWE servers and got a graphic for Cena vs Undertaker. It's the wrong background, but it's one they used for an article for this 'Mania I used it. It annoys me less than the image they used for the women's battle royal...

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Gonna go on a limb and say that Cena goes full DDP stalker and finds McCool at the HOF tomorrow and grills her about taker which is what will trigger taker.

"I don't give a damn what you say about me, but don't you ever disrespect my wife"

something something biker taker gon' beat yo ass

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Probability that they'll have a Conor McGregor parody segment at some point over the next five days?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This card is and will be better than Takeover.

There i said it.

Takeover will be a 2 to 3 hour show of great wrestling, fun crowd, and you will be happy watching it. Wrestlemania will be 6-8 hours of wrestling where about 6 hours are miserable and maaaaybe 2 are okay.

I don't know how you value entertainment but it seems like the short amount of time and much better possibility to leave fans happy would be where it's at.

Reactions: Hypernova

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Takeover will be a 2 to 3 hour show of great wrestling, fun crowd, and you will be happy watching it. Wrestlemania will be 6-8 hours of wrestling where about 6 hours are miserable and maaaaybe 2 are okay.

I don't know how you value entertainment but it seems like the short amount of time and much better possibility to leave fans happy would be where it's at.
Or you just you know, don't watch the kick off / pre-show panel garbage?

It doesn't matter that mania will be 5 hours when the card is as stacked to hell as it is. There isn't one or two good matches they're virtually all good matches with the exception of anything involving nix jax.

Rousey's match is hyped and everyone wants steph to finally get her ass beat for once other than 1 spot a year. Also that Angle guy is in there, somewhere.

Usos/New Day/Mario & Luigi can steal the show.

AJ vs Nak...nuff said

DB/KO/Sami in a match....nuff said

and so on.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Or you just you know, don't watch the kick off / pre-show panel garbage?

It doesn't matter that mania will be 5 hours when the card is as stacked to hell as it is. There isn't one or two good matches they're virtually all good matches with the exception of anything involving nix jax.

Rousey's match is hyped and everyone wants steph to finally get her ass beat for once other than 1 spot a year. Also that Angle guy is in there, somewhere.

Usos/New Day/Mario & Luigi can steal the show.

AJ vs Nak...nuff said

DB/KO/Sami in a match....nuff said

and so on.

Wrestling is all about preference. It sounds like you just prefer WWE. Cool. That's your thing. Some people dig NXT. Some people dig NJPW. Some people dig pure indy wrestling, TNA, or ROH. It's fine. I actually prefer WWE/entertainment, myself.

But if you are flat out ignoring why NXT is clearly the better bang for your buck, then you are not discussing the topic without a bias. For me - i dig the pyro, the big stage, the lights, etc. It's one of the reasons why I choose to watch WWE over NJPW, even though the wrestling is vastly better over there. It's my preference, but you don't see me saying WWE wrestling is the best no matter what because i said so. That just wouldn't be true. It's my preference. It's not the best wrestling. Not even close.

So if a wrestling fan had 2-3 hours to give this entire weekend, it should be unanimous that the fan is recommended to watch NXT. It will be the best bang for the buck. There will be enough entertainment, some great wrestling, and there will be ZERO filler.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
I was reading that WWE was really trying to keep pictures of the set from leaking until Sunday. The few pics I've seen look really awesome.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Takeover is going to be better, it's not even close, imo. And that's not even a slight against Wrestlemania which also has a sick card and probably the best one in a while on paper... it's just that NXT's card is so stacked from top to bottom and they've proven time and time again that they're always the show of the weekend.

How are they going to fit all these matches in?

If they cut out useless segments, it shouldn't be too hard, imo:

Pre-show stuff and whatnot, women's battle royal, Andre battle royal, Cruiserweight championship match.

Main show:

7-8pm: Bryan/McMahon vs. Owens/Zayn, U.S. Title match, Raw Tag Titles
8-9pm: SD women's title, IC Title, Raw women's title
9-10pm: SD Tag Titles, WWE Title match
10-11pm: Hall of Fame segment, attendance, Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie
11pm-mid: Taker/Cena (angle/match), Reigns/Lesnar

timing it out (or attempting to):

- Opening and commentators, anthem -- 5-7 minutes (7:05 - 7:07pm)

- Bryan/McMahon vs. Owens/Zayn -- 9-12 minutes + 3-4 mins for entrance (7:17 - 7:23pm)

- some segment - 1 minute (7:18 - 7:24pm)

- Orton vs. Rusev vs. Mahal vs. Roode -- 7-9 minutes + 4 mins for entrance (7:28 - 7:36pm)

- international commentators -- 1 minute (7:29 - 7:37pm)

- The Bar vs. Strowman/??? -- 8-10 minutes + 3 for entrance (7:40 - 7:50pm)

- Asuka/Charlotte video -- 3 mins (7:43 - 7:53pm)

- Asuka vs. Charlotte -- 14-16 mins + 4 for entrances (8:01 - 8:13pm)

- Miz interview -- 2 mins (8:03 - 8:15pm)

- Rollins vs. Miz vs. Balor -- 15-17 mins + 3 for entrances (8:21 - 8:35pm)

- Nakamura + Styles split screen warming up -- 1 min (8:22 - 8:36pm)

- The Usos + New Day backstage, maybe they interact with a couple of legendary tag teams (Hardyz, E&C and Dudleyz) -- 4 mins (8:26 - 8:40pm)

- Bliss/Jax video -- 2 mins (8:28 - 8:42pm)

- Bliss vs. Jax -- 4-6 mins + 3 for entrances (8:35 - 8:51 pm)

- Usos/Brothers/New Day video -- 2 mins (8:37 - 8:53pm)

- Usos vs. Brothers vs. New Day -- 12-15 mins + 5 for entrances (8:54 - 9:13pm)

- video package for Backlash, commentary reset, Axxess videos -- 5 mins (8:59 - 9:18pm)

- Styles/Nakamura video -- 3 mins (9:02 - 9:21pm)

- Styles vs. Nakamura -- 25-30 mins + 5 for entrances (9:32 - 9:56pm)

- Rousey & Angle warming up - 1 min (9:33 - 9:57)

- commentary reset, Wrestlemania attendance, Hall of Fame lineup -- 7 mins (9:40 - 10:04pm)

- Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie video -- 3 mins (9:43 - 10:07pm)

- Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie -- 14-16 mins + 7 for entrances (10:04 - 10:30pm)

- Streets of New Orleans, pre-show recap, interview with Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner, Cruiserweight segment backstage -- 5 minutes (10:09 - 10:35pm)

- Lesnar + Reigns split screen warm up - 1 min (10:10 - 10:36pm)

- Recap of Cena trying to goad Undertaker into a match over the past few weeks - 2 mins (10:12 - 10:38pm)

- Cena in the crowd, Taker randomly shows up, Cena/Taker impromptu Street Fight -- 18-21 mins + 3 mins for Taker's entrance (Biker, maybe) (10:33 - 11:02pm)

- post-match angle with Cena/Taker - 4 mins (10:37 - 11:06pm)

- more Axxess videos - 2 mins (10:39 - 11:08pm)

- Nakamura interview - 2 mins (10:41 - 11:10pm)

- commentary reset, Lesnar/Reigns video package - 7 mins (10:48 - 11:17pm)

- Lesnar vs. Reigns -- 16-18 mins + 5 mins for entrances, in-ring intros (11:09 - 11:40pm)

planning that out, actually looks like more matches can get more time, which is even better. Of course, it's WWE and not NJPW which flows from match-to-match, so they'll definitely have more segments than I have in there, but I'm pretty sure this is also the biggest card in possibly... ever... for WWE, with 16 matches advertised + potentially 17 with Taker/Cena.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Takeover is going to be better, it's not even close, imo. And that's not even a slight against Wrestlemania which also has a sick card and probably the best one in a while on paper... it's just that NXT's card is so stacked from top to bottom and they've proven time and time again that they're always the show of the weekend.

If they cut out useless segments, it shouldn't be too hard, imo:

Pre-show stuff and whatnot, women's battle royal, Andre battle royal, Cruiserweight championship match.

Main show:

7-8pm: Bryan/McMahon vs. Owens/Zayn, U.S. Title match, Raw Tag Titles
8-9pm: SD women's title, IC Title, Raw women's title
9-10pm: SD Tag Titles, WWE Title match
10-11pm: Hall of Fame segment, attendance, Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie
11pm-mid: Taker/Cena (angle/match), Reigns/Lesnar

timing it out (or attempting to):

- Opening and commentators, anthem -- 5-7 minutes (7:05 - 7:07pm)

- Bryan/McMahon vs. Owens/Zayn -- 9-12 minutes + 3-4 mins for entrance (7:17 - 7:23pm)

- some segment - 1 minute (7:18 - 7:24pm)

- Orton vs. Rusev vs. Mahal vs. Roode -- 7-9 minutes + 4 mins for entrance (7:28 - 7:36pm)

- international commentators -- 1 minute (7:29 - 7:37pm)

- The Bar vs. Strowman/??? -- 8-10 minutes + 3 for entrance (7:40 - 7:50pm)

- Asuka/Charlotte video -- 3 mins (7:43 - 7:53pm)

- Asuka vs. Charlotte -- 14-16 mins + 4 for entrances (8:01 - 8:13pm)

- Miz interview -- 2 mins (8:03 - 8:15pm)

- Rollins vs. Miz vs. Balor -- 15-17 mins + 3 for entrances (8:21 - 8:35pm)

- Nakamura + Styles split screen warming up -- 1 min (8:22 - 8:36pm)

- The Usos + New Day backstage, maybe they interact with a couple of legendary tag teams (Hardyz, E&C and Dudleyz) -- 4 mins (8:26 - 8:40pm)

- Bliss/Jax video -- 2 mins (8:28 - 8:42pm)

- Bliss vs. Jax -- 4-6 mins + 3 for entrances (8:35 - 8:51 pm)

- Usos/Brothers/New Day video -- 2 mins (8:37 - 8:53pm)

- Usos vs. Brothers vs. New Day -- 12-15 mins + 5 for entrances (8:54 - 9:13pm)

- video package for Backlash, commentary reset, Axxess videos -- 5 mins (8:59 - 9:18pm)

- Styles/Nakamura video -- 3 mins (9:02 - 9:21pm)

- Styles vs. Nakamura -- 25-30 mins + 5 for entrances (9:32 - 9:56pm)

- Rousey & Angle warming up - 1 min (9:33 - 9:57)

- commentary reset, Wrestlemania attendance, Hall of Fame lineup -- 7 mins (9:40 - 10:04pm)

- Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie video -- 3 mins (9:43 - 10:07pm)

- Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie -- 14-16 mins + 7 for entrances (10:04 - 10:30pm)

- Streets of New Orleans, pre-show recap, interview with Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner, Cruiserweight segment backstage -- 5 minutes (10:09 - 10:35pm)

- Lesnar + Reigns split screen warm up - 1 min (10:10 - 10:36pm)

- Recap of Cena trying to goad Undertaker into a match over the past few weeks - 2 mins (10:12 - 10:38pm)

- Cena in the crowd, Taker randomly shows up, Cena/Taker impromptu Street Fight -- 18-21 mins + 3 mins for Taker's entrance (Biker, maybe) (10:33 - 11:02pm)

- post-match angle with Cena/Taker - 4 mins (10:37 - 11:06pm)

- more Axxess videos - 2 mins (10:39 - 11:08pm)

- Nakamura interview - 2 mins (10:41 - 11:10pm)

- commentary reset, Lesnar/Reigns video package - 7 mins (10:48 - 11:17pm)

- Lesnar vs. Reigns -- 16-18 mins + 5 mins for entrances, in-ring intros (11:09 - 11:40pm)

planning that out, actually looks like more matches can get more time, which is even better. Of course, it's WWE and not NJPW which flows from match-to-match, so they'll definitely have more segments than I have in there, but I'm pretty sure this is also the biggest card in possibly... ever... for WWE, with 16 matches advertised + potentially 17 with Taker/Cena.

They're going to go past 12:00, mind you.

This is a 7-7.5 hour show.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Wrestling is all about preference. It sounds like you just prefer WWE. Cool. That's your thing. Some people dig NXT. Some people dig NJPW. Some people dig pure indy wrestling, TNA, or ROH. It's fine. I actually prefer WWE/entertainment, myself.

But if you are flat out ignoring why NXT is clearly the better bang for your buck, then you are not discussing the topic without a bias. For me - i dig the pyro, the big stage, the lights, etc. It's one of the reasons why I choose to watch WWE over NJPW, even though the wrestling is vastly better over there. It's my preference, but you don't see me saying WWE wrestling is the best no matter what because i said so. That just wouldn't be true. It's my preference. It's not the best wrestling. Not even close.

So if a wrestling fan had 2-3 hours to give this entire weekend, it should be unanimous that the fan is recommended to watch NXT. It will be the best bang for the buck. There will be enough entertainment, some great wrestling, and there will be ZERO filler.

1) I've watched every takeover, including posting in threads here, I have no idea what you're even talking about "liking WWE more"

2) More bang for your buck? Uhh...it's a $10 price for everything per month.

Most if not all of your post is just assumptions from literally out of nowhere. Pyro? big stage? lights? i never mentioned or said any of that, If anything you'd be the one flat out ignoring the amount of stacked talent that is on the mania card.

Just because takeover Usually kills Main roster PPVs doesn't mean this will win automatically by default.
This mania card is quite possibly the best mania card IN HISTORY and certainly better than any garbage they're put out in the last 3 years.

Once again, nobody forces you to watch the filler, you can just like, close your eyes bruh :sarcasm:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Time. Time is valuable. Extremely valuable. Every minute of your day is worth something. It's more valuable than the $10 price tag. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad