GDT: WWE Wrestlemania 34 (8th April 2018)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I feel like the only wrestling I should ever watch after this weekend is NXT Takeover shows now
Thats basically all I do. I watch TakeOvers live and then I'll watch a few matches on PPV's and skim through the rest a day or two later.

RAW and SD this week will be must watch for the crowds alone but other than that I don't watch much WWE programming live.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ill watch Mania for the spectacle, but good lord, you just cant come close to what we just saw

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ill watch Mania for the spectacle, but good lord, you just cant come close to what we just saw
Theres a few matches I wanna see at Mania but around 10:30 i'll give up watching and watch the rest or what I missed tomorrow before RAW

Styles/Nakamura
Asuka/Charlotte

are must watch, imo

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Theres a few matches I wanna see at Mania but around 10:30 i'll give up watching and watch the rest or what I missed tomorrow before RAW

god I wish i could do that. preshow starts 10pm here. im actually gonna try to stay up as long as I can tonight and sleep through the day tomorrow lol

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
inb4 Adam Cole is in the Andre Battle Royale because hes determined to legitimately die this weekend

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Thats basically all I do. I watch TakeOvers live and then I'll watch a few matches on PPV's and skim through the rest a day or two later.

RAW and SD this week will be must watch for the crowds alone but other than that I don't watch much WWE programming live.
I’m legitimately thinking this is the final PPV I watch live. I might cut the network afterwards and just watch any good matches I read about the next day moving forward.

Reigns on top, you know...

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
shows all weekend gets me excited for tomorrow. i know its not gonna be close to what we've seen already, but its always fun to watch wrestlemania as a fan.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm not gonna pretend that takeover wasn't rock solid overall, however i do still think mania will be great in it's own right. There's just no way that much talent will not rise up to the hype.

I fully believe at the very least, AJ and Nak will tear the house down and give Gargano/Ciampa a run for their money.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm not gonna pretend that takeover was rock solid overall, however i do still think mania will be great in it's own right. There's just no way that much talent will not rise up to the hype.

I fully believe at the very least, AJ and Nak will tear the house down and give Gargano/Ciampa a run for their money.

They won't give Gargano/Ciampa a run for their money and that's not because they won't wrestle a good match... it is because they have no story to tell.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m at the office until 5, so probably won’t tune in until 7pm.

Which kinda sucks because I like the Battle Royals and the CW finals.

Oh well

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They won't give Gargano/Ciampa a run for their money and that's not because they won't wrestle a good match... it is because they have no story to tell.

Yeah, that Gargano/Ciampa Match is almost a 6 star match. Awesome story, awesome storytelling, and awesome wrestling. It was just perfect.

Nakamura and Styles will likely wrestle a 4-4 1/2 star match, and may even hit 5 if given the time. But Gargano/Ciampa will be the match of the weekend

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
If wwe want to maximise any reaction for Reigns, then Lesnar v Reigns must kick off the show.

To put it last after 4 and a half hours; 6 and a half including kickoff - it would be doomed for failure. Crowd would be spent and it would get little to no reaction.

Styles v Nakamura should close the show. Or maybe Rousey.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The order of the show will be interesting. Roman-Lesnar will probably close unless they drag out the Cena-Taker angle throughout the night. The only way you do Cena-Taker segment midshow would be to promote a future match. I don't see that not being one of the last few matches of the night considering who is involved.

This would be my order (not necessarily a prediction):

Hour 1:

1. Smackdown Tag Title match: New Day and Usos don't disappoint and should get the crowd going.

2. Raw Womens Title match: Put it earlier in the show but you could pop the crowd with Carmella cashing in.

Hour 2:

3. U.S. Title match: Could be another spot to pop the crowd if Rusev wins the belt. I think any other result will fall flat.

4. Bryan-McMahon vs. Owens-Zayn: Should regain any lost momentum you could have in the show (especially if Rusev didn't win the U.S. title). Everyone will be excited to see Bryan.

5. Raw Tag Title match: Could be a quick, fun match depending on the partner for Braun. It's a belt likely to change hands.

Hour 3:

6. Intercontinental Title match: Should be one of the best worked matches of the night and this should get plenty of time. Any of the three could win and satisfy the crowd.

7. Smackdown Womens Title match: I'm not expecting Asuka to lose so they wouldn't close the show without the streak ending.

Hour 4+:

8. WWE Championship match: You end up with probably the best worked matches of the night back-to-back-to-back. Should be a satisfying 90 minutes or so of the show. I think either Styles retaining or Nakamura winning the belt will get a great response.

9. Rousey-Angle vs. McMahon-HHH: Start the last portion of the show with the spectacle matches. No clue how long this needs to be...maybe 10 minutes at most. Ronda will probably go over Steph.

10. Universal Title match: This should be fairly brief but action-packed. Roman will predictably go over.

11. Cena vs. Undertaker: I booked this last segment in another thread. Have the show seemingly end with Roman winning and going up the ramp but then have Undertaker's music hit (as old school Taker or American Bad Ass). Undertaker and Reigns have a brief moment on the ramp and then you have Cena and Taker faceoff in the ring and have a fairly short match...10-12 minutes at most. Let Undertaker leave New Orleans this time as a winner. End the show with him standing tall.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I’ve got a hockey game to go to till at least 5:30 and then have to pick up dinner for family so I’ll be lucky to get in front of the TV by seven.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the best way to book that Roman-Brock match, given that Roman will win, is to just come out and murder Brock. If I'm supposed to believe the intensity of this, they should be coming out like Goldberg and Lesnar did last year and do all kinds of power moves. People are going to react the way they will react, there's no sense in building a long match where Roman has to 'overcome the odds' since it won't work. If the crowd doesn't have something to react to constantly, it give the crowd the chance to turn on both of them. If this goes past 6 or 7 minutes, there's a lot of risk.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have to work a twelve hour night shift tonight. 7pm-7am. Looks like I will miss all of WM. Fine by me as I got my wrestling fill last night with many amazing matches. I will just check in when finished and watch the matches you gents say were good.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Happy Wrestlemania day! (And Rusev Day)

Still buzzing over NXT last night. Cannot wait to get started tonight. We complain a lot all year... but the show of shows is always fun to watch. Let's go.

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
well i stayed in bed till like 4pm so hopefully I can survive tonight

if Lesnar/Reigns is on last ill probably just head off early

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Happy Wrestlemania day! (And Rusev Day)

Still buzzing over NXT last night. Cannot wait to get started tonight. We complain a lot all year... but the show of shows is always fun to watch. Let's go.
Were you here last year lol

Last year’s show was far from fun :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Were you here last year lol

Last year’s show was far from fun :laugh:
It starts fun. The stage, the lights, the pyro. Then Roman Reigns wins and it sucks. IF Reigns goes on last, I think I might duck out. I've had such a positive wrestling weekend. It's actually sparked my love once again. NJPW/NXT with just a sprinkle of WWE. It's really working. Not watching Raw/SD every week and catching up on some youtube videos is really helping.

But last night's NXT show really made me happy.

Reactions: Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Last year’s show died such a death after the first four matche, and even KO/Jericho mixed in with the first four was still a really boring match.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the KO/Jericho letdown killed it for me. I got slightly hyped got Rollins/HHH cause i had high hopes and that was the death of it for me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad