WWE to shutdown steaming service, goes to NBC Peacock for $1 billion

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I was biding my time to subscribe to Peacock as they ironed out their poor user experience. When I found out NBC was going into the library to censor, edit and redact content they did not like it was the deciding factor to not subscribe. The library is what I have interest in.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I haven't been following much...

What does this mean for WWE Network in Canada? I know it's advertised to be effective in the US...

Will I be able to watch WrestleMania on WWE network? HELP!

Thanks folks!

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I haven't been following much...

What does this mean for WWE Network in Canada? I know it's advertised to be effective in the US...

Will I be able to watch WrestleMania on WWE network? HELP!

Thanks folks!
To my knowledge the Peacock deal has an averse impact on US subscribers only.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can you not pause the live feed on Peacock? I can't seem to.
Correct. That's the biggest issue I have with it. Not being able to start from the beginning of a ppv if you settle in a half hour late is bad. The library deletions are annoying, but I can live without some old content. I use it mostly for ppv events anyway.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I only watch PPVs, in order, and so far have found the "smaller" ones such as Fully Loaded, Insurrextion, and a few others have been unavailable. That's annoying as I'm trying to watch everything in chronological order.

Last edited:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Alright... So according to my Bell Fibe TV guide, WWE Network isn't showing Wrestlemania in Canada on the April 10th/11th weekend.

Now what...

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Alright... So according to my Bell Fibe TV guide, WWE Network isn't showing Wrestlemania in Canada on the April 10th/11th weekend.

Now what...

Does it say that WWE Network is showing something else at that time? Or does it just not show WWE Network at all?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I was biding my time to subscribe to Peacock as they ironed out their poor user experience. When I found out NBC was going into the library to censor, edit and redact content they did not like it was the deciding factor to not subscribe. The library is what I have interest in.

As a Canadian I’m curious...what are they censoring?? Blood??? Chairshots to the head?? Benoit everything???

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The Edge/Foley WWE Untold special is really good. Obviously, we don't know any of these guys as people, so you don't want to lionize them too much, but they both seem like really solid guys who knew what they wanted to do and how they could help each other in that match and to help the business as well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Annnnddddd I've had no choice but to migrate to Peacock and it's absolutely f***ing terrible. I got as far as Raw 1999 and Austin just won the belt back from Taker. Vinny Mac and Austin are setting up "loser leaves forever" at the next PPV and HHH and Rock are gonna duke it out in a cage. I have no idea what is gonna happen. I have a few hunches based on present history, but again, I saw bits and pieces in 1999 and it looks like it all came within those few weeks of April to May 1999.

But do I get to pick up where I left off? LOL!! Raw goes back as far as 2003..... SD! goes back 3 years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Words cannot describe how bad this is boys. It's the proverbial "bent over and..." (you know the rest) I think the company might've killed itself for good to me.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
spelling errors and everything

Attachments

• Capture _2021-04-05-23-38-23.png
    Capture _2021-04-05-23-38-23.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 25

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
What I find interesting is the obsession NBC has with editing wrestling. I am currently watching 30 Rock and for the life of me don't know how this has survived NBC self-censorship aside from a few episodes. 30 Rock is hilarious but the millennial crowd would go nuts watching this. Debuted in '06 or '07 but would never be aired today.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well Peacock got its shit together and finally uploaded the rest of Raw prior to 2005. I'm able to FINALLY pick up where I left off in my quest for the Attitude Era at about or so before Fully Loaded 1999. And HHH just dropped "Big Red (R word for the mentally challenged)" talking about Kane.

If Peacock is actually going to let THAT go they've set a pretty big precedent about being very lenient with whatever old WWE content they might get rid of. If they went back and chopped the stupid shit Vince loved so much like Mae Young giving birth to a hand then I'd still say they're doing alright for themselves. No one is gonna miss that.

Although I will say, the incident where Chyna left Mark Henry alone with a tranny that he immediately tried to have sex with and Mark just screams out "A penis!!" and starts freaking out was absolutely hilarious. In a binge that has left me saying "What the hell is so great about the Attitude Era?" that one particular thing made me think "Alright THAT was good" because it was not only well done but it doesn't cross any lines that any TV show you'd see on a given night wouldn't cross even today. I haven't had a laugh like that since Eddie Guerrero set Big Show up to eat burritos that gave him the shits.

Very, very anxiously waiting for them to get more than 3 seasons of Smackdown! on there along with all the old PPV's because there's gotta be at least another 35% of total WWE media that needs to complete the migration to Peacock.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Well Peacock got its shit together and finally uploaded the rest of Raw prior to 2005. I'm able to FINALLY pick up where I left off in my quest for the Attitude Era at about or so before Fully Loaded 1999. And HHH just dropped "Big Red (R word for the mentally challenged)" talking about Kane.

If Peacock is actually going to let THAT go they've set a pretty big precedent about being very lenient with whatever old WWE content they might get rid of. If they went back and chopped the stupid shit Vince loved so much like Mae Young giving birth to a hand then I'd still say they're doing alright for themselves. No one is gonna miss that.

Although I will say, the incident where Chyna left Mark Henry alone with a tranny that he immediately tried to have sex with and Mark just screams out "A penis!!" and starts freaking out was absolutely hilarious. In a binge that has left me saying "What the hell is so great about the Attitude Era?" that one particular thing made me think "Alright THAT was good" because it was not only well done but it doesn't cross any lines that any TV show you'd see on a given night wouldn't cross even today. I haven't had a laugh like that since Eddie Guerrero set Big Show up to eat burritos that gave him the shits.

Very, very anxiously waiting for them to get more than 3 seasons of Smackdown! on there along with all the old PPV's because there's gotta be at least another 35% of total WWE media that needs to complete the migration to Peacock.

Fully Loaded 99, was that the Sable body paint show?

Totally forgot about the big red r...shit. They'd get crucified for airing this now, rightfully so. I'm surprised NBC let that slide

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What I find interesting is the obsession NBC has with editing wrestling. I am currently watching 30 Rock and for the life of me don't know how this has survived NBC self-censorship aside from a few episodes. 30 Rock is hilarious but the millennial crowd would go nuts watching this. Debuted in '06 or '07 but would never be aired today.

That's the great irony of pro wrestling. It's never held to the same standards of other shows.

You can have programs dealing with issues of rape, drug use, torture and heaven knows what else. But wrestling is the medium we have to censor.

I'm the first to admit that that there are a lot of movies and shows out there that don't age gracefully, pro wrestling among those mediums. But I hate the idea of censorship. Give audiences a warning. Give them a disclaimer. Hell, give them the option to opt-out of viewing certain content. But I hate the idea of removing or censoring it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't say it enough... if Peacock did anything with WWE content it was about as close to "nothing" as it gets. Just watched The Rock drop the words "bullshit" on Raw completely uncensored and this is following several weeks of Mr. Ass content complete with him getting poison ivy -which is hilarious.

All I can say is "get on with it" for completing the Smackdown! content migration because Haitch just went Golden Shovel on Mick Foley and won the title and the story is gonna pick up on the first non-pilot Smackdown! episode. The Attitude Era journey isn't gonna make a whole lot sense from one Raw to the next without seeing anything that happened on Smackdown!

Damn it I have to stop again and it sucks.

Edit: But it'll be worth the wait. I'm fine with sitting through the occasional ad during the course of the content. A minute of my time is not something I'm gonna get mad over and I'm overall satisfied at like a 90% with WWE Network shutting down and this replacing it. It would be 100% if we weren't missing all but 3 years of Smackdown!

Last edited:

gotyournose

Oct 24, 2019
I can't say it enough... if Peacock did anything with WWE content it was about as close to "nothing" as it gets. Just watched The Rock drop the words "bullshit" on Raw completely uncensored and this is following several weeks of Mr. Ass content complete with him getting poison ivy -which is hilarious.

All I can say is "get on with it" for completing the Smackdown! content migration because Haitch just went Golden Shovel on Mick Foley and won the title and the story is gonna pick up on the first non-pilot Smackdown! episode. The Attitude Era journey isn't gonna make a whole lot sense from one Raw to the next without seeing anything that happened on Smackdown!

Damn it I have to stop again and it sucks.

Edit: But it'll be worth the wait. I'm fine with sitting through the occasional ad during the course of the content. A minute of my time is not something I'm gonna get mad over and I'm overall satisfied at like a 90% with WWE Network shutting down and this replacing it. It would be 100% if we weren't missing all but 3 years of Smackdown!
I haven’t been following the business of wrestling in a while. Why did they close down wwe network? (still going as a tv channel here in Canada). Why aren’t they showing the 3 years of smackdown?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I haven’t been following the business of wrestling in a while. Why did they close down wwe network? (still going as a tv channel here in Canada). Why aren’t they showing the 3 years of smackdown?

Vince followed the money. He got $1 billion for Peacock to carry WWE programming in the USA. As for why Smackdown! is missing so much content, your guess is as good as mine. If we are waiting for someone to watch every single episode ever, they sure as day let a ton of bad stuff on Raw go. If you're not gonna get rid of Kane being called "Big Red (R word for the mentally challenged)" you might as well let the rest go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad