WWE to shutdown steaming service, goes to NBC Peacock for $1 billion

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
So will this years Wrestlemania be the last major PPV on the Network? It's going to be tough for them to convince fans to pay big money for those shows on PPV, especially after more or less telling fans it was stupid to still buy PPVs when the network launched.

I think Elimination chamber is the last one, I feel like they said Fastlane will be on the cock app

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I hope the transition to Peacock leads to an upgrade app quality. The Network will recognize what I have been watching in the "continue" section but it's never queued to where I left off and always starts from the beginning.

App also crashes randomly and then Netflix starts to load but I suspect this may be a device issue (LG flat panel) despite The Network being the only app this happens with.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
It will be ad-supported at $4.99, standard $9.99. For the fan this is excellent because for the same price you get all of Peacock.

I have no idea how NBC thinks this is worth over $1b over 5 years. Consumer base is ancient. A bunch of old white guys still think Vince is a genius, and I guess that’s the genius of Vince.

As opposed to the nerds on the internet, that think the other Federations could do no wrong, out of hatred for Vince?

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
do not understand

Internet: I don't want to see almost 60 year old Sting wrestling on WWE tv.
Also internet: OMG! STING ON AEW!!!!11!! f*** YOU, VINCE!!11!!!

Internet: Ugh, Big Slow... Is he going to turn heel or face? Is he going to cry? Just retire already!
Also internet: BIG SHOW IS ALL ELITE! WOW! f*** YOU, VINCE!!!1!!

Reactions: NextBigThing

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Internet: Ugh, Big Slow... Is he going to turn heel or face? Is he going to cry? Just retire already!
AEW didn't just sell their network for 2 billion dollars though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
AEW didn't just sell their network for 2 billion dollars though.

WWE didn't sell. NBC is basically renting it for 5 years IN THE US. The thread title is misleading in the sense that it's not shutting down.

The price was also one billion, not 2.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE didn't sell. NBC is basically renting it for 5 years IN THE US. The thread title is misleading in the sense that it's not shutting down.

No, it’s getting shut down. Maybe not immediately because people in WWE are objectively stupid and won’t have a good rollout and everyone will be confused next month, but they are definitely trending towards folding the network. They’re even doing WSJ interviews where they’re claiming that it wasn’t even a major strategy of theirs or whatever. They are selling its content but the venture ultimately failed since it did not sustain and we know what Vince does when he fails, he pretends it either never happened or was a victim of circumstance (specifically with the XFL)

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I hope the transition to Peacock leads to an upgrade app quality. The Network will recognize what I have been watching in the "continue" section but it's never queued to where I left off and always starts from the beginning.

App also crashes randomly and then Netflix starts to load but I suspect this may be a device issue (LG flat panel) despite The Network being the only app this happens with.

The Peacock app works pretty well from my experience, much higher video quality too

Reactions: Hawkman

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

its all in the use of each talent. I’m holding off on making a judgment on most AEW guys

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
its all in the use of each talent. I’m holding off on making a judgment on most AEW guys

No, you really don't want to see the same 40/50/60 year olds from WWE/WCW olds on your tv but young talent. If you complaining about those olds guys on WWE, you can't allow them on AEW either. Or at least without admitting you're a hypocrite. Although that has never stopped HFBoards posters before... :laugh:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
No, it’s getting shut down. Maybe not immediately because people in WWE are objectively stupid and won’t have a good rollout and everyone will be confused next month, but they are definitely trending towards folding the network. They’re even doing WSJ interviews where they’re claiming that it wasn’t even a major strategy of theirs or whatever. They are selling its content but the venture ultimately failed since it did not sustain and we know what Vince does when he fails, he pretends it either never happened or was a victim of circumstance (specifically with the XFL)
Having a good rollout is NBC’s problem now WWE

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So I've been gone for awhile because WWE and I just started watching Fastlane because I have Peacock anyway so now I get the Network.

And the first thing I see is the Bliss/Orton match.

I have three questions: what? How? Why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->