GDT: WWE TLC (22nd October 2017) - Putting the Angle back together

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
They could of cut 5 or 10 minutes from the main event, maybe had Kane/Braun happen quicker/earlier but overall it was an ME that delivered because of Reigns being out. Same match with Reigns would of been way worse. With Angle in the match there was a lot of excitement to see what Angle was going to do. And of course 2 mark out moments, when Angle hit some Germans, and when he came back.

From when Angle was gone till he returned dragged a bit but they wanted to get over a few storylines. The Braun/Kane feud (and the chair spot was great), the "taking out the trash" storyline that was pretty fun. And the Heels want to beat the faces down storyline. Shave of 5-10 from that and the match would of been tighter but overall it was a ton of fun and was a big brawl.

This PPV was 100% saved by the booking changes. Replace AJ with Bray and Angle with Reigns and the PPV isn't half as good.

Reactions: ColePens

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I was 10000 percent convinced Roman was gonna be the garbage truck driver

wwe already had that character occupied.

According to wiki, Michael David/ Duke is only 47 years old. Thought he was older.

12634920.jpg

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Lol sorry. You're right. They didn't overcome the odds. They weren't standing and posing and doing moves like nothing was wrong after 35 minutes of being demolished. That wasn't what happened. I apologize. Poor Dean and Seth don't even get to be booked strong.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is why WWE is ass. Heels are all weak *****es who cant do anything.

You can give the lame excuse... WHY ARE THEY NOT PINNING THEM.

But why could they even stand?? How do they fight back at the end but Sheamus can't get up from 1 Angle Slam?

All good. Super Seth and Dominator Dean are good to go. They didn't overcome the odds fighting 5 vs 2 for 20 minutes and then hitting a couple moves and winning over the IC Champion.

Book him weaker. The IC title means nothing anything. Woohoo.

Keep telling me I don't know what I'm talking about though. I love it. Come on, do it some more baybay.

Both Seth and Dean fell to the mat while Kurt was pinning Miz

Came to post this. Seth and Dean couldn’t even stand by the pinfall. :laugh:

And even if it was (which it wasn’t) the occasuonal overcome the odds is fine. Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series 14 was great. You know what wouldn’t be great? If that’s all he did all the time.

Everything Roman does is overcome every single time out. At No Mercy Cena hit him with like 12 AA’s including off the top rope and rolling through with multiple ones to no avail but sure enough, one f***ing spear later, Roman wins.

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yup, the story clearly showed that Team Odds could have ended the match several times. It's not like Dean and Seth were kicking out of every pin attempt after finishing/signature moves.

Roman gets his ass kicked, takes a finisher, then kicks out, gets up and no sells, hits some superman punches, hits a spear, and it's over. EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Meltzer had me dying

Alvarez: "Jason Jordan comes out and begins to throw vegetables...."
Meltzer: "And fruit"
Alvarez: "...at the drifter"
Meltzer: "he threw some fruit too"

His comments on Braun getting compacted were funny too.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Keep telling me I don't know what I'm talking about though. I love it. Come on, do it some more baybay.

The Miz sucks. enough already, we get it he's a pretend Hollywood actor. Just like an Elvis impersonator 30 years ago.

Put the IC title on someone like Balor already and give him a nice long run. That's how you build a belt. Just like the old days when the best worker got it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Guys relax. the TLC match was fun as hell. a cluster **** but very fun and entertaining. Commentary was so bad it was good for that match as well. Kurt shouldn't be in these gimmick matches but he made the best of it.

He was kind of the odd man and out of place for the first third of the match, then when he came back to that enormous pop he looked pretty solid, for his 3-4 moves he did.

I had fun watching TLC (the 3 matches I did watch)

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I was watching world war 3 wcw 1996 and they had a battle royale and made a big deal about wcw vs nwo leading up to it. As I am watching the actuapl ppv they had 55 wcw guys to 5 nwo guys and nobody was teaming up in regards to wcw. How could wcw not team up with one another I thought when your company is at stake lol. We usually have to put our logical brains aside in wrestling to enjoy the experience.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lol count on WWE to royally **** up Asuka's debut by making Emma look like her equal.

Ah, Vince. Never change.

I feel like the people complaining about that match last night are actually the ones who never saw her in NXT. The match was perfectly fine. She can come out and murder some jobber in 2 minutes tonight where more people will see it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
So you hate the selling. That's fine. You've said it before. You can make that argument. But you clearly didn't understand the story being told. The story was told well. You seem to have an issue with how the performers sold it. Okay.. that's on the performers.

Whatever it is - you clearly take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too personally. Write a letter to Dean and Seth about their lack of selling.
lol okay there Coleyboy. You're telling me an idiot, so of course I'm going to take it personally.

The story was told awfully and it was garbage. The end.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Both Seth and Dean fell to the mat while Kurt was pinning Miz
Ambrose was jogging around the ring. Seth sold decently, Ambrose was awful. He went down to a knee after. But he did a little dance before the finishing sequence so he was probably just a bit tired. :D

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Came to post this. Seth and Dean couldn’t even stand by the pinfall. :laugh:

And even if it was (which it wasn’t) the occasuonal overcome the odds is fine. Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series 14 was great. You know what wouldn’t be great? If that’s all he did all the time.

Everything Roman does is overcome every single time out. At No Mercy Cena hit him with like 12 AA’s including off the top rope and rolling through with multiple ones to no avail but sure enough, one ****ing spear later, Roman wins.
The Reign's thing was taken way out of context. It was just me saying it was as ridiculous as them standing and hitting moves after this match. If Angle came back and hit an Angle slam and won, hey cool. The fact that Dean and Seth got their stuff in (Seth did sell it by falling immediately) while Dean took a casual jog around the ring before realizing he should probably be selling.. lol

I hated it. There's nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with you liking it either. The only reason I got so fired up and triggered is because Cole is trying to tell me I'm an idiot. When I simply just thought the story to the match was bullshit.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The Miz sucks. enough already, we get it he's a pretend Hollywood actor. Just like an Elvis impersonator 30 years ago.

Put the IC title on someone like Balor already and give him a nice long run. That's how you build a belt. Just like the old days when the best worker got it.
He's the only decent heel on the roster because everyone else gets made to look like a joke AND doesn't get mic time. At least he gets mic time.

They could of cut 5 or 10 minutes from the main event, maybe had Kane/Braun happen quicker/earlier but overall it was an ME that delivered because of Reigns being out. Same match with Reigns would of been way worse. With Angle in the match there was a lot of excitement to see what Angle was going to do. And of course 2 mark out moments, when Angle hit some Germans, and when he came back.

From when Angle was gone till he returned dragged a bit but they wanted to get over a few storylines. The Braun/Kane feud (and the chair spot was great), the "taking out the trash" storyline that was pretty fun. And the Heels want to beat the faces down storyline. Shave of 5-10 from that and the match would of been tighter but overall it was a ton of fun and was a big brawl.

This PPV was 100% saved by the booking changes. Replace AJ with Bray and Angle with Reigns and the PPV isn't half as good.
They could have 100% told the same story by simply having Kurt get injured and immediately having Kane/Braun happen. It would have then been a 2v3 for quite some time and been a little bit more believable when the faces came back and won.

And as much as I marked out for the Angle slam.. you had Sheamus stay down for like... 2 minutes (or more) for 1 Angle Slam. He'd barely been touched the whole match. That's what I hate about these matches because it makes no sense. The faces can get up after everything, but a heel is staying down for a long ass time from 1 simple move. If Sheamus goes through the other table, that becomes okay.

It was just a lot of crap in one match that could have been tightened up to make something special. Instead, I saw a trainwreck that went way too long to make the story believable unless Rollins and Ambrose come out tonight and reveal they're actually the brothers of Thor.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Fox vs. Sasha: **
Emma vs. Asuka: ***
Cedric/Swann
vs. Kendrick/Gallagher: ***
Alexa vs. Mickie: ***
Enzo vs. Kalisto: *3/4
AJ vs. Finn: ****1/4
Sampson vs. Jordan: *3/4
TLC: *1/2 - and mostly for Cesaro being hilarious.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Guys relax. the TLC match was fun as hell. a cluster **** but very fun and entertaining. Commentary was so bad it was good for that match as well. Kurt shouldn't be in these gimmick matches but he made the best of it.

He was kind of the odd man and out of place for the first third of the match, then when he came back to that enormous pop he looked pretty solid, for his 3-4 moves he did.

I had fun watching TLC (the 3 matches I did watch)

Really don’t think it was any fun. I was pretty bored.

Reactions: Natey

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The Miz was down for around 10 minutes at the beginning of the match. Probably the longest break.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I feel you're all over rating AJ/Finn. It was good but not anything special.

To me it was like you could tell AJ had a long flight...barely any notice...and maybe they didn't want to give away everything for a nothing match.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad