GDT: WWE SUMMERSLAM Part II - #FearlessNikki Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
That show felt underwhelming.

Sasha vs Charlotte could be really good: a lot of cool wrestling spots, great finish, good story, but man, Sasha is going to die in the ring if she doesn't tone it down. After her having fallen on your head hard on hurricanranas several times, you do this Razor's Edge -> rana combination? Who in the world could think it could end well? That corner fall was pretty dangerous too. I swear, next time she'll try a shooting star press and fail spectacularly again. Or maybe she'll train a bit during her recovery. It's the Paige story all over again (though Sasha is way better, but just as overrated).

Cena-AJ was fun to watch, even though I don't like matches consisting only of punches and finishers. Or 10 finisher kickouts. Or mega finisher kickouts.

Rollins-Balor was technically great, but why did "Demon King" work underdog? Dead crowd didn't help too, and I've already posted why Balor winning the title is a disaster. Forget the demon gimmick for several months, have Rollins challenge jacket Balor again, turn them both and have the Club help Finn.

Reigns is a great heel, too bad they forgot to turn Rusev face and made him look like a *****.

Lesnar-Orton was great and the exact way it should have been. Joe and Shinsuke can't come up soon enough.

It makes sense to give the strap to Finn. You guys realize Rollins won the belt (even if he lost it in minutes) at MITB right? Giving a guy the strap over and over in no time at all is exactly how you make a roman reigns situation where everyone will eventually turn on him.
Nobody will turn on Rollins, we still remember the show without him.

Oct 18, 2011
If they thought the crowd would react like that, I wonder if they wished Seth had it first.

But then again, this wasn't the plan to begin with
this has stephanies finger prints all over it. it doesn't look like a title belt, it is simply a branding tool for "WWE"

I wish we could go back to titles looking like titles.

also you can totally see why vince is not all in on sasha, how can he put everything behind her when she is going to work such a wreckless style, that she doesn't need to work? just going to get hurt alot and not be a face of the company type star. she better switch it up or she's gonna end up like DB

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Seth has to look at his bosses too though. 6 hour show and most of those people were at Takeover last night. You gave them a classic with AJ/Cena and then rolling out bad booking, and nothing matches into the Universal Title match.

What did they seriously expect? And they KNEW people thought the name was stupid, hell Shane and DB have been on TV and social media ******** all over it as well. So what did they expect.

Be happy that Finn's entrance and their in ring work woke the crowd back up at all because it was dead as a door nail for the WWE title match.

On another note about that match. LAW had a good idea. Don't even debut the demon here. Let normal Finn go for it, and have Rollins heel and cheat to win. Make Finn have to chase, and since it isn't working he has to bring in the demon to finally beat Seth. Either way they thought it was beyond stupid to bring the demon out on Monday before this.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That title is a ****ing monstrosity and he knows it

Even if he thought it wasn't, the fans have a right to not like something like that. They really need to get over the fact that not every idea they trot out in front of an audience is going to be a winner. That title is a joke for numerous reasons. It's already the third of its kind and it was made hokey. Sorry but that's just a legitimate and honest reaction to what was shown. I still liked their match. I liked most of the card even though a lot of the wrestling was sloppy but that title needs to be scrapped immediately.

Oct 18, 2011
the belt is ugly, if they have any sense they will can it immediately.

throwbacks are in, go back to the late 90's/early 2000's belt it will be over immediately and they can sell alot

but since it does not have that hideous "W" logo it will never happen

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seth has to look at his bosses too though. 6 hour show and most of those people were at Takeover last night. You gave them a classic with AJ/Cena and then rolling out bad booking, and nothing matches into the Universal Title match.

What did they seriously expect? And they KNEW people thought the name was stupid, hell Shane and DB have been on TV and social media ******** all over it as well. So what did they expect.

Be happy that Finn's entrance and their in ring work woke the crowd back up at all because it was dead as a door nail for the WWE title match.

On another note about that match. LAW had a good idea. Don't even debut the demon here. Let normal Finn go for it, and have Rollins heel and cheat to win. Make Finn have to chase, and since it isn't working he has to bring in the demon to finally beat Seth. Either way they thought it was beyond stupid to bring the demon out on Monday before this.

They can go either way really. Finn's not exactly in a position that he has to be a babyface going forward. They could turn him tomorrow by hooking up with Gallows and Anderson especially after the teaser tonight. This is actually one of the very few times where Stephanie emasculating Rollins could create a fresh story with Rollins turning face.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
They can go either way really. Finn's not exactly in a position that he has to be a babyface going forward. They could turn him tomorrow by hooking up with Gallows and Anderson especially after the teaser tonight. This is actually one of the very few times where Stephanie emasculating Rollins could create a fresh story with Rollins turning face.

For the love that is what the fans want
Please turn Balor and Rollins

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The irony in the fact the WWE Universe hates the Universal title is palpable.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The irony in the fact the WWE Universe hates the Universal title is palpable.

There is no actual irony in that. The title is awful. The other two that are exactly like it in design at least has things going for it. This one's just a very simple idea put into play that just isn't going to pan out...much like calling it the Universal title in the first place so I guess it does have that going for it. lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is a situation where Seth should of kept his mouth shut. I get guys not liking when crowds go into business for themselves, but the best way to beat it is to win them back and they did that. The crowd got into the match. Just leave it at that, and petition for PPVs that aren't 6 hours long.

Ya they do have a lot of directions to go in here, and it is one of the things they have done right since the draft. Like him or not Finn himself has been booked right overall here. Made a big deal out of him at the draft, had him win two solid matches on RAW, and had the established number 1 pick Seth put him over.

Seth comes out fine (few people saying Seth was buried and they can **** off.) and Finn is now a made star forever as RAW's first champ at Summerslam over Seth.

I would think long and hard about establishing Balor Club tomorrow night. It would go really over, and a face turn for Seth just makes sense right now. They could wait of course.

The belt design is terrible marketing crap. Do something unique. The uniformity for uniformity sake is awful. Would of been a great time to bring the winged eagle back.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think the most effective way to turn Balor and form The Club again is to have Balor cost New Day the tag titles tomorrow. You can slowburn the heel turn if you want or you can make it definitive but they can't just do something where the fans would just like the grouping. They actually have to do something heelish on someone the fans like and New Day is a perfect example.

And the title thing is just not going to go over well ever. It's a third-generation of the same design but with the Raw colors on it and it looks like it took two seconds to think of and that's all they cared. No creativity. No ingenuity. No thought whatsoever. It worked for the original design. It had a plain look but an elegant look to it. It worked for the women's title because even though it is the same design but just a color switch, it at least was done as a symbol that their title is as important as the men's. This...this took the same design for no good reason and just made it red for Raw. Just lame.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
There is no actual irony in that. The title is awful. The other two that are exactly like it in design at least has things going for it. This one's just a very simple idea put into play that just isn't going to pan out...much like calling it the Universal title in the first place so I guess it does have that going for it. lol

The title is named to represent the WWE Universe and its fans. The fans the title is named after hate it. That is irony.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The title is named to represent the WWE Universe and its fans. The fans the title is named after hate it. That is irony.

No...not really. Fans just hate the title. It being named after them and hating the title isn't actually ironic.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the most effective way to turn Balor and form The Club again is to have Balor cost New Day the tag titles tomorrow. You can slowburn the heel turn if you want or you can make it definitive but they can't just do something where the fans would just like the grouping. They actually have to do something heelish on someone the fans like and New Day is a perfect example.

And the title thing is just not going to go over well ever. It's a third-generation of the same design but with the Raw colors on it and it looks like it took two seconds to think of and that's all they cared. No creativity. No ingenuity. No thought whatsoever. It worked for the original design. It had a plain look but an elegant look to it. It worked for the women's title because even though it is the same design but just a color switch, it at least was done as a symbol that their title is as important as the men's. This...this took the same design for no good reason and just made it red for Raw. Just lame.

If the plan is to push Big E as a singles guy, that could be a way to do that, and you go right into a Big E/Finn feud.

Don't know what you do with Seth, but it is an idea.

Edit: My fear is Vince is going to love the demon far to much and overuse it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the plan is to push Big E as a singles guy, that could be a way to do that, and you go right into a Big E/Finn feud.

Don't know what you do with Seth, but it is an idea.

Edit: My fear is Vince is going to love the demon far to much and overuse it.

I think if anything, you just use Big E as a third wheel while still having Seth involved. Can keep Seth/Balor going while using Big E to get them out of a real result against one another. Gives Big E a chance in the main event which could really help him down the road.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think if anything, you just use Big E as a third wheel while still having Seth involved. Can keep Seth/Balor going while using Big E to get them out of a real result against one another. Gives Big E a chance in the main event which could really help him down the road.

I was thinking because it would be odd to tie your champ up in a stable war unless the plan is to have Big E cost Finn the title in return for the Tag titles, or Big E to feud for it.

It would set up a great and natural Survivor Series match though. Balor Club vs New Day.

As for the Demon. It is time to change the Demon's moveset. Finn always starts matches with rest holds, but he should cut that out when wearing the paint. Go high octane from the bell as the demon. Also go full mystical. Those mannerisms he has during his entrance and during announcements? Use it during a match. Come off as more wild and carnal.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Seth was bang on.

I lost so much respect for that crowd going into business for themselves and trying to take the focus off what was a solid match.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I had some errands to take care of, so I left after the Cena/Styles match. Came home and watched the rest. It was almost like watching two completely separate shows.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Got around to watching the first hour.

Really enjoyed the Enzo & Cass / JeriKO match.
Stewart's backstage segment was funny, dunno why people are hating on him so hard.

Fantastic match rom sasha and cahrolette again. If sasha's injured, she's injured. I can't blame the company for trying to preserve the health of someone as valuable as sasha and neither should anyone else.

I will say, though. You could just tell on sasha's face she was going to lose the moment she came out for her entrance. She just looked absolutely heartbroken.

Anyway, i honestly think this was a great PPV. Don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near perfect. I really think if WWE just changed around the stupid match order, alot more people would agree with me.

Like, The rusev/reigns thing was just completely and absolutely useless and maybe people would not have hated it as much (even though they should) if they put it like after the Miz/Crews match.

Also, hating on the title because you don't think it looks badass or something is actually really really stupid. Stahp.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
ziggler/ambrose match was good. womans 6 man tag was really good. i was telling my friend that brie bella was gonna return and take evas spot. brock/orton match was WTF.. brock legitimately stiffed up randy once he took off his gloves. cena/aj was match of the night for me. lots of counters and closepinfalls. ambrose/ziggler was good too. i wanted reigns to win the u.s title. stupid rusev. that universal title WAS UGLY.

Last edited:

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
gg Seth

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/104227/wwe-may-have-suffered-another-major-injury-blow-at-summerslam.html?p=1

New WWE Universal champion Finn Balor was injured during his Summerslam match against Seth Rollins, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Sources indicate that Balor was sporting his right arm in a sling following the PPV. There is concern the injury is serious and could require surgery.

In watching back the bout, Balor was grabbing briefly at his right shoulder after being nailed with a small package driver and did not raise the arm (which was holding the Universal championship) after the match.

We are told Balor will be getting examined tomorrow and once WWE has a determination on exactly how serious the injury is, they will go from there. More as we get it.

Balor is slated to appear on Good Morning America tomorrow at 8 AM Eastern.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That second elbow was definitely the one. Jesus. Randy goes limp, Heyman looks shocked (and you can spy him looking up at the titantron too) and Brock switches to punching Randy's back. They were definitely concerned about Randy there.

God what an awful night for injuries. Sasha most likely hurt. Randy is hurt (I would be shocked if he isn't concussed), and now potentially Finn?

Turning into a nightmare show.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Do I not know how the world works?

HospitableGreedyAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It was cool, but I can see how that small package driver is a shoulder/neck injury waiting to happen. It must have to be perfectly done to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad