GDT: WWE SUMMERSLAM Part II - #FearlessNikki Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yup Gin, Juice and Molly Meltzer said last night Lesnar is getting kayfabe suspended.

I still can't believe the plan was to let literally a juiced up roid monkey who happens to be the toughest man on the planet punch another star in the head until they drew blood and make it look like a homicide. Happy Summerslam kids.

I can see that being the plan and the finish but I don't understand why they thought that was a good way to close Summerslam especially if you're just going to suspend Lesnar. There will be no follow-up to help you tell much of anything between now and the Rumble provided the accuracy of his suspension going that long. That should've been in the Finn-Rollins spot and Finn-Rollins or Ambrose-Ziggler should've closed it. Even if they're dud matches, they're title matches that you just did the split for...maybe focus on one of them in your top spot? Crazy idea, I know.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Re-watching the women's match
Sasha looked pretty hurt after Charlotte dropped her off the top rope (which was a stupid spot if intentional)
Feels like the ending was improvised to stop the match

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The finish to Lesnar vs. Orton was a work. Orton leaked more than expected, but he was selling being knocked out according to Meltzer.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The finish to Lesnar vs. Orton was a work. Orton leaked more than expected, but he was selling being knocked out according to Meltzer.

Props to Orton for letting Brock carve him up then I guess. Geeze.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It was still a stupid spot, imo. Way more room for error than success, that's for sure.

That's also a horrible finish to the main event to Summerslam regardless of how smart that spot was in general. I mean, that's your finish to your 2nd biggest show of the year? They can do better than that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's also a horrible finish to the main event to Summerslam regardless of how smart that spot was in general. I mean, that's your finish to your 2nd biggest show of the year? They can do better than that.

For the record, Meltzer did say he wasn't sure if that was the planned finish to the match, he thinks it was the lead-in to the finish (Lesnar was going to win regardless) but Orton was bleeding way too much, so they called it.

Orton wasn't legitimately knocked out, though -- he was selling that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The show should've ended with Ambrose/Ziggler followed then by Balor/Rollins to close the night. Even though the Universal Championship should not technically be deemed an "A" title over the WWE Championship, the novelty of a first winner deserves an uninterrupted moment. The no contest United State Championship match and the Lesnar/Orton affair would've had the crowd reasonably awake enough to appreciate what was happening by then.

I'm so grossly disillusioned by the way WWE booked Summerslam that I don't even know if I want to watch Raw in fear of sheer incompetence.

You shouldn't end the 2nd biggest PPV of the year with WWE's 2nd* biggest star left in a pool of his own blood

*- 2nd biggest star after Cena in the opinion of some

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For the record, Meltzer did say he wasn't sure if that was the planned finish to the match, he thinks it was the lead-in to the finish (Lesnar was going to win regardless) but Orton was bleeding way too much, so they called it.

Orton wasn't legitimately knocked out, though -- he was selling that.

Lesnar's elbows are sharp. I don't blame them for calling it but that kind of risk is why you can't have that closing your show. But that would've been a very good match to setup the real main event.

As for Raw, I'll still watch it to see if they acknowledge the negative response the title got or if they're just going to ignore it. I'm assuming the latter but they have been doing a couple things you wouldn't think they'd do in the recent past.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The show should've ended with Ambrose/Ziggler followed then by Balor/Rollins to close the night. Even though the Universal Championship should not technically be deemed an "A" title over the WWE Championship, the novelty of a first winner deserves an uninterrupted moment. The no contest United State Championship match and the Lesnar/Orton affair would've had the crowd reasonably awake enough to appreciate what was happening by then.

I'm so grossly disillusioned by the way WWE booked Summerslam that I don't even know if I want to watch Raw in fear of sheer incompetence.

You shouldn't end the 2nd biggest PPV of the year with WWE's 2nd* biggest star left in a pool of his own blood

*- 2nd biggest star after Cena in the opinion of some

I had the same thoughts.

Finn Balor celebrating becoming the first ever Universal Champion would have been a 100x better way to end the show, rather than watching Randy Orton be knocked out and lying in a pool of his own blood.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lesnar's elbows are sharp. I don't blame them for calling it but that kind of risk is why you can't have that closing your show. But that would've been a very good match to setup the real main event.

As for Raw, I'll still watch it to see if they acknowledge the negative response the title got or if they're just going to ignore it. I'm assuming the latter but they have been doing a couple things you wouldn't think they'd do in the recent past.

If Balor is legitimate hurt and needs to vacate the title, they should have Rollins win it, trash it, and replace it so he can be the "first to wear the belt" like he wanted

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Balor is legitimate hurt and needs to vacate the title, they should have Rollins win it, trash it, and replace it so he can be the "first to wear the belt" like he wanted

That would be a good way out but Balor could do something similar if they really want to. It would be a good way to make Balor a pretty solid independent character. He can bring back the smoking skull belt but put the eye of Balor on it. haha

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Styles/Cena had a standing ovation when they went backstage after their match.

They deserved it for that and I'm glad Cena actually put him over to blow off the feud. That's a rarity and I definitely look forward to Smackdown just for that inevitable promo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"I beat up John Cena and now I'm going to beat up the WWE World champion."

Styles-Ambrose in a 30-minute classic at Backlash and Styles wins pls.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It was a bizarre night but that Styles/Cena match was one for the ages. Great performance by both men.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Missed the first half of the PPV but, caught Balor-Rollins and on..

Like many, disappointed with the ending. Those two matches back to back to end the card really put a bad taste in my mouth about the card.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
For those wondering why Orton would agree to get killed by Brock in his first match back....I'm sure a nice fat main event headline paycheck had something to do with.

Orton's ego has calmed down quite a bit the past few years since he got re-married. He knows that Brock is Brock and he wouldn't have agreed to a match, let alone a blood spot, if he wasn't prepared for it.

It's not like his reputation is going to suffer. He's Randy ****ing Orton. It's not like they buried Wyatt or Cesaro with a brutal loss. How many times have we begged them to let Cena lose a match, because he's Cena and he can afford to lose every once in a while without looking bad? Those guys have a pretty bulletproof reputation at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Re-watching the women's match
Sasha looked pretty hurt after Charlotte dropped her off the top rope (which was a stupid spot if intentional)
Feels like the ending was improvised to stop the match

They planned for Sasha to drop the belt at least a week ago. Seems because she had a back injury that she needed to take time off to heal.

No idea why she was taking nasty bumps though.

Shane taking a F5 was planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->