GDT: WWE SummerSlam (19th August 2018) - Fourth Time is the Charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Punch in the face or punch in the stomach. You either have Braun cash in on Brock and win and then lose to Roman in a future PPV or you just have Roman beat Brock. Roman was going to get the belt eventually. Maybe we get a cool moment down the line with Braun beating Roman.

Predictable result but at least the belt will be on TV more. Didn't like the finish to the match...Brock looked very weak there.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Youtube doesn't have 99% of the stuff that WWE network offers.

But you are probably right about the latter.

ALL IN hasn't even aired yet, how do you already call it a great product?

ROH/NJPW has as much a reputation for good programming as WWE does for bad programming.

Reactions: TD Charlie

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Youtube doesn't have 99% of the stuff that WWE network offers.

But you are probably right about the latter.

ALL IN hasn't even aired yet, how do you already call it a great product?

And THAT is why I won't cancel. Because the WWE of 2018 may not be great, but at least I can avoid watching bad shows and watch PPV's that were actually worth watching.

Like, you can see so many great PPV's at the click of a keyboard for 10 dollars while not watching current stuff.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Punch in the face or punch in the stomach. You either have Braun cash in on Brock and win and then lose to Roman or you just have Roman beat Brock. Roman was going to get the belt eventually.

Predictable result but at least the belt will be on TV more. Didn't like the finish to the match...Brock looked very weak there.

Of course they made him look weak. It's likely he'll be back when the DC fight is over. They're not going to make him look strong against their golden boy only for the possibility that DC slaughters him.

... Which is really ass backwards when Ronda and Shayna come in and kick the shit out of all their girls.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Of course they made him look weak. It's likely he'll be back when the DC fight is over. They're not going to make him look strong against their golden boy only for the possibility that DC slaughters him.

... Which is really ass backwards when Ronda and Shayna come in and kick the **** out of all their girls.

Well, it's safe to say they've got long-term plans for MMA 4 horsewomen.

I'm perfectly fine with Brock never returning to the ring other than a Hall of Fame induction...if he even shows up for that. I almost see him going all T.O. on Vince and just not showing up for that.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Well, it's safe to say they've got long-term plans for MMA 4 horsewomen. I'm perfectly fine with Brock never returning to the ring other than a Hall of Fame induction.

As I said earlier, I doubt Brock is gonna suddenly lose interest in making millions to work 25 nights a year.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Well, it's safe to say they've got long-term plans for MMA 4 horsewomen.

I'm perfectly fine with Brock never returning to the ring other than a Hall of Fame induction...if he even shows up for that. I almost see him going all T.O. on Vince and just not showing up for that.

T.O. showed up to play every Sunday. Brock is the equivalent of if T.O. played when he wanted to play.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, it's safe to say they've got long-term plans for MMA 4 horsewomen. I'm perfectly fine with Brock never returning to the ring other than a Hall of Fame induction.

Brock should not go in the HOF. He is a mercenary who doesn't care about the business and who has been god awful since he started the Supplex City thing.

He has had a great impact and his career is HOF worthy, but nah, do not want to see him in.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
This needs quoted x10. NXT is worth every cent of 9.99. Last night's PPV was insane. So awesome. I need to stop watching the WWE PPV and just end my weekend of wrestling at NXT.

But hot damn NXT. Yes sir.

Me after watching NXT: "This is why I love wrestling"

Me after watching a WWE PPV: "Ugh, I understand why people make fun of me for watching wrestling"

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This needs quoted x10. NXT is worth every cent of 9.99. Last night's PPV was insane. So awesome. I need to stop watching the WWE PPV and just end my weekend of wrestling at NXT.

But hot damn NXT. Yes sir.

Amazing that the same company can go from one end of the spectrum to the other on consecutive nights. Last nights Takeover just might be the best ppv they’ve had in the last 10 years.

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
Well, that was ugly.

Braun and Brock were made to look like idiots, all so Roman could get booed...just a little bit. I would have rather him just win clean against Brock, and deal with Braun another time. At least it would end this storyline that's 4 years in the making.

Although I don't agree with the booking, it does provide us with a champ that actually shows up more than 10 times a year. It also ends the endless chase of the world title for Roman.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
So, Braun got beat up and the briefcase tossed by Lesnar, but Roman wins. Braun should be angry with Brock, but Roman has the title now. This shit makes no sense, unless Brock rematches tomorrow, and wins the title back. That would be amazing.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Braun should get a hefty bonus for keeping the fans in their seats until the end of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad