GDT: WWE Royal Rumble (27th January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hrm, I saw the ramp out of the dugout on the seating chart but not sure why I assumed that was gonna be an exit ramp. In related news, my seats in shallow right field won't be quite as good as I was hoping.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
That burger looks awful. Am I going to get it? Yes, yes I am.

635610782679324561-Screen-Shot-2015-03-04-at-1.04.11-PM.png

Chase Field also offers a churro dog which I got for my birthday a few years back.

Perfect image of disgusting sober/amazing hammered.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
How the f*** does somebody even eat a massive ass burger at a sporting event? Y'all need a table for that shit.

And it is quite delightful that Bryan's hatred of said burger is likely contributing to even more sales.

Reactions: BonMorrison

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m almost confident Seth is going to win but it feels like the type of Rumble where I won’t be upset at all at the final result, unless Strowman wins, and I highly doubt that happens.

I’m especially happy with any of Seth, Finn or Drew winning.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I’m almost confident Seth is going to win but it feels like the type of Rumble where I won’t be upset at all at the final result, unless Strowman wins, and I highly doubt that happens.

I’m especially happy with any of Seth, Finn or Drew winning.

What if instead of a man winning - The Man wins?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yoooo

Imagine if Charlotte wins the Women’s Rumble by eliminating Becky.

R-Truth goes to come out at 30, but Becky attacks him, throws him off the stage. Enters and wins.
It would be awesome, but I'm not sure how to do it.

It's hard to avoid the men looking like geeks, which is really important to do as it looks bad for both Becky and the guys she's throwing out. Especially when you have a stacked final few guy like normal. If you are ditching Ziggler and Slater then you can do whatever, but going into the final entrant where you've got trash in the ring kills the climax before you get there.

Reactions: The Crypto Gal

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just my personal take.

Coolest:
- Becky: I'd be so ecstatic if she opens against Asuka and loses only to have her win the Rumble. It's the only woman's result I want.

- Balor: Lose against Brock but come back as the Demon and win the Rumble and take down Lesnar at WM as the Demon. I want it.

- Adam Cole or Black or some NXT star to take on DB. Only saying this because I watched Wrestle Talk's NXT Invasion Fantasy Booking angles and hot damn I'd love it.

Meh...Okay:
- Rollins/Flair: I think they make the most sense I guess, but I'm not all in on Rollins being the guy. I get bored with it. Flair inserting herself in the main event also kinda sucks but I get it. Flair vs. Ronda vs. Becky is still great, but Becky vs. Ronda is what I really want.

- Cena: (ducks) Yeah i'm not against Cena taking down Brock for the "record tying" nonsense. Looking back at that summerslam match against Brock, I hate it. Cena getting his back would be fine.

I'll vomit:
- Jax: I will straight vomit. Honestly anyone but Becky (and Flair) winning the Rumble would make me a tad upset.

- Any part time wrestler other than Cena. Get rid of this Brock era. Please.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Again the man is not a man. We’ve been though how amazing this gimmick is. To turn her into “a man” it kills the whole purpose.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Imagine the saltiness from nerdy men if Becky actually won the Men's Rumble. :laugh:

"tHe FeMeNiStS sTrIkE aGaIn!!!!!"
It’s not that. It defeats the whole purpose of calling herself “the man” as Disclose said. It also makes her character jump the shark imho.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The gimmick is self-aware, so you can do it. It's just extremely hard to do it in the right way to not kill the gimmick or jump the shark. So you only do it if it's perfect, no risks are an option.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
great talent. but im personally still not big on Drew yet.
i know the push is hapenning and i love the indy stuff he was doing when he left, but nxt run and main-event return have been lacking something for me.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Carmella called herself “The Gatekeeper in Gucci” the other night. She’s definitely getting punked by someone. I think we know who. I think it likely leads to her having a brief feud with Becky to try to get her spot back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad