GDT: WWE Royal Rumble 2023

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
he won the royal rumble so of courses hes gonna be near it at some point in next 2 months lol
I know, and it's going to be absolutely brutal. He's going to be force fed down our throats. That's on the WWE for booking themselves in a corner.

KO and Sami are natural in this storyline.

Nothing about Cody is remotely natural.

Reactions: Habsrule

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
I know, and it's going to be absolutely brutal. He's going to be force fed down our throats. That's on the WWE for booking themselves in a corner.

KO and Sami are natural in this storyline.

Nothing about Cody is remotely natural.
I like him personally and got 0 problem with him teaming up with sami and ko.. i like all 3.

Reactions: Jussi

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I like him personally and got 0 problem with him teaming up with sami and ko.. i like all 3.
That's fine. Like what you like... I think it's awful.

I'm just saying it's terrible booking. This is the Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns show.

Remember Charlotte getting shoehorned into the Rousey/Becky match? That was god awful. I get that Cody won the Rumble and earns a shot at the title, but there's so much wrong with how they booked it. He didn't even come across as a star in the Rumble match when you consider Walter was in it for over an hour. Cody came in at #30 and was essentially giftwrapped a title shot for not having to do much other than take out a guy who was in the match for over an hour.

He's going to get booed.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
That's fine. Like what you like... I think it's awful.

I'm just saying it's terrible booking. This is the Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns show.

Remember Charlotte getting shoehorned into the Rousey/Becky match? That was god awful. I get that Cody won the Rumble and earns a shot at the title, but there's so much wrong with how they booked it. He didn't even come across as a star in the Rumble match when you consider Walter was in it for over an hour. Cody came in at #30 and was essentially giftwrapped a title shot for not having to do much other than take out a guy who was in the match for over an hour.

He's going to get booed.

I dont think he will get booed at wrestlemania reigns is gonna have heat on him no matter who he faces now after the sami beating and he was coming back from a injury they did the same with cena in 2008..

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I dont think he will get booed at wrestlemania reigns is gonna have heat on him no matter who he faces now after the sami beating and he was coming back from a injury they did the same with cena in 2008..
You're going to be very, very wrong.

Reigns has absolutely no heat with Cody. Every ounce of heat he currently has is with Sami/KO.

Reactions: Habsrule

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Neither are anywhere near title scenes now so no.

Again, you're projecting with AEW Cody, most WWE fans have not seen him in AEW, I haven't seen him. I don't have negatives feelings about him (nor much positive either). For me it wouldn't matter.
If that was in any way true, no one would’ve given a shit about when he returned

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
You're going to be very, very wrong.

Reigns has absolutely no heat with Cody. Every ounce of heat he currently has is with Sami/KO.

we will see i guess if they want to be idiots and fickle af and boo him so be it.. i will enjoy him beating roman either way.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
we will see i guess if they want to be idiots and fickle af and boo him so be it.. i will enjoy him beating roman either way.
What makes them idiots for booing someone if they choose to do so? Cody is a one note wrestler. I don't know whether the honeymoon phase will end before or after Mania. Maybe they manage to stretch it out long enough that the apathy doesn't set in by that point....but it absolutely will eventually. Without a doubt. Cody has no intention or willingness to change who he is as a wrestling character so that will always have an expiry date with crowds.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It has nothing to do with being fickle. He was literally given a title shot the easiest way possible not named Charlotte Flair. He wasn't even the star of either Rumble match. I don't even mind Cody but we're about to see force fed down the gullet babyface Cody for months and I guarantee you it will not go over well. They basically told you months and months ago it will be Cody vs Roman. Predictable as hell.

Sami is the star of the show. They're making a huge mistake if he doesn't take the title off Roman. Unless they pull the trigger in Montreal with help from KO? I don't know.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Sami and KO in the EC, Sami wins the EC, Uso's defend against the winners of the tag team tournament, Roman does nothing that night.

This sets up Cody/Roman night one, and Sami/Roman night 2. Throughout March we get a build up for Uso's vs KO/Sami for one or both tag belts. The whole time Jey is having doubts about Roman.

Wrestlemania night 1, KO/Sami beat the Uso's for the tag belts when Jey can't finish off Sami, KO gets the win. New tag champs. Cody/Roman, one wins one loses. Don't think it really matters because it sets up night two. If Roman wins it's because of the Bloodline, which makes Jey think back to the trial. Sami was taking the bullets, Sami was making the saves, Sami was the reason. Roman is nothing without the Bloodline. Cody wins because the Bloodline without Sami fails to protect Roman, which makes Jey think, see above.

Wrestlemania night 2, Sami/Roman, Sami wins and Roman has either nothing or 1 belt. Roman comes out with the Bloodline, Sami comes out with KO, tag belts in hand. Blah, blah, blah, Bloodline gets involved, KO jumps in, Jey watches on conflicted about what to do. KO takes out Solo and Jimmy, Jey turns on Roman, Sami is new Champ.

This brings us back to full circle, Roman vs Jey, If there are no belts involve, Jey beats Roman finally to breakup the Bloodline and get his revenge for everything Roman put him through. Roman then can take time off and reset. If there is a belt involved, Jey can beat him for it and take over the Bloodline, kicking out Roman and telling him he has lost his way. Roman can then take time off to reset.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm on the fence about Roman defending both nights. The moment needs to be HUGE. If you have Roman drop the title on night one, night two seems less impressive for whoever gets that spot.

Again, booked themselves into a corner big time.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sami and KO in the EC, Sami wins the EC, Uso's defend against the winners of the tag team tournament, Roman does nothing that night.

This sets up Cody/Roman night one, and Sami/Roman night 2. Throughout March we get a build up for Uso's vs KO/Sami for one or both tag belts. The whole time Jey is having doubts about Roman.

Wrestlemania night 1, KO/Sami beat the Uso's for the tag belts when Jey can't finish off Sami, KO gets the win. New tag champs. Cody/Roman, one wins one loses. Don't think it really matters because it sets up night two. If Roman wins it's because of the Bloodline, which makes Jey think back to the trial. Sami was taking the bullets, Sami was making the saves, Sami was the reason. Roman is nothing without the Bloodline. Cody wins because the Bloodline without Sami fails to protect Roman, which makes Jey think, see above.

Wrestlemania night 2, Sami/Roman, Sami wins and Roman has either nothing or 1 belt. Roman comes out with the Bloodline, Sami comes out with KO, tag belts in hand. Blah, blah, blah, Bloodline gets involved, KO jumps in, Jey watches on conflicted about what to do. KO takes out Solo and Jimmy, Jey turns on Roman, Sami is new Champ.

This brings us back to full circle, Roman vs Jey, If there are no belts involve, Jey beats Roman finally to breakup the Bloodline and get his revenge for everything Roman put him through. Roman then can take time off and reset. If there is a belt involved, Jey can beat him for it and take over the Bloodline, kicking out Roman and telling him he has lost his way. Roman can then take time off to reset.
That is actually a very good scenario that covers every bases. I like it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I can see this as a possible scenario.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I did not watch this but read up here on it.

I used to love the Rumble for the surprise vet appearances and only one here was Booker T. I am surprised they did not do more. Even had one more open spot with Rey not coming out. Honky Tonk Man coming out is always good a laugh. Someone like that. Too bad Sheik's health is so bad, he would be ideal

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
rumblesnes.jpg

Made it back home in one piece. Wasn't as close to the ring as 2019, but I enjoyed having a little more elbow room.

Went out of my way to bring this Super Nintendo cartridge with me. Way back when, a new kid moved into the neighborhood. We were playing video games at his house and I spotted that he had Royal Rumble. I asked if I could borrow it. He agreed but also sternly told me "make sure you give it back." I was like "of course, what kind of person wouldn't?"

.......and I forgot to return it. As I remember it, his parents were divorced and he abruptly moved away. But I felt guilty all these years. [/coolstorybro]

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
It has nothing to do with being fickle. He was literally given a title shot the easiest way possible not named Charlotte Flair. He wasn't even the star of either Rumble match. I don't even mind Cody but we're about to see force fed down the gullet babyface Cody for months and I guarantee you it will not go over well. They basically told you months and months ago it will be Cody vs Roman. Predictable as hell.

Sami is the star of the show. They're making a huge mistake if he doesn't take the title off Roman. Unless they pull the trigger in Montreal with help from KO? I don't know.
there not ending a 880 title reign at elmination chamber lol. even if it is sami home town.. and sami is great but like i said before he is not believeable as a threat to roman.. atleast whe daniel bryan got over he was believeable as a threat to anyone

don't mind Any of this at all tbh would love to see Jey pushed after wrestlemania. you are offically hired to do booking haha

Reactions: Doubledose

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm on the fence about Roman defending both nights. The moment needs to be HUGE. If you have Roman drop the title on night one, night two seems less impressive for whoever gets that spot.

I totally get what you are saying, but idk I feel like in the heat of the moment it would still be huge.

Plus the added bonus of a clean way to solve the problem of having a double champ, both shows have a world champ again.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Rey was legit injured on Friday's Smackdown during the match against Karrion Kross, hence why he didn't take part in the Rumble.

Sami's been advertised as being in the EC pod, so the winner of that match would probably get to challenge Roman at Mania for the other title. But as I've said before, I think Cody will team up with Sami and KO.
If you're talking about the EC poster with Zayn in the pod/cage...I'm not saying he won't be in the EC match, but WWE PPV posters have never acted as a card announcement.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I agree completely. It's easy for me to say fine then Roman pins Cody on night one and loses to Sami night two, but there's no chance I would ever believe that they'd do it this way.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think there's going to be some match that leads into Roman having a match both nights. It probably won't be something he wants himself in the story.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I did not watch this but read up here on it.

I used to love the Rumble for the surprise vet appearances and only one here was Booker T. I am surprised they did not do more. Even had one more open spot with Rey not coming out. Honky Tonk Man coming out is always good a laugh. Someone like that. Too bad Sheik's health is so bad, he would be ideal
Iron Sheik's health was bad 22 years ago the Wrestlemania 17 gimmick battle royal, let alone today. I don't remember if it was a joke or legitimate, but I remember hearing he won that battle royal because he wouldn't have been able to take the elimination bump.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad