GDT: WWE Royal Rumble 2023

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I didn't know who she was but she looked familiar. And then I could have sworn she was in another Rumble where she was eliminated almost right away. Looked it up and in 2020, she last 12 seconds. Last night was 5 seconds. I wonder if anyone else has had multiple Rumble eliminations that quickly.
Bushwhackers?

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
One of the Bushwhackers was in there for like 3 seconds. Not sure if something like that happened to him another time. It doesn't seem very easy to look up without going through each Rumble's wikipedia entry.
Agreed.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I wonder if they could somehow get a GÜNTHER vs Lashley vs Lesnar triple threat for the IC title at Mania?
That was 1 of the possible matches they were said to be leaning towards at WM I read-Lesnar vs Walter

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Can anyone find a full video of what happened after the Reigns-KO match? Everything I see on YouTube is either from fan cameras or it's videos with lots of cuts/edits in them.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I thought the Rumble matches, well certainly the men's anyways, had a better flow to them. There was one a few years ago that was nearly perfect start to finish, then a bunch of clunkers, but this one felt like it flowed well and was a step in the right direction. I can't see them jumping to Sami/Roman in Montreal. They're going to want to punish him. Make him earn an opportunity. They're not going to hand it to him. It makes the most sense for Sami having to win an Elimination Chamber match to earn a match with Roman. I could see KO being kept off TV for awhile, maybe even until EC. It's easy to say he returns to save Sami as The Bloodline are beating him after a match but if they are building to a Sami/Roman Mania match then Sami looks bigger and better winning EC and the show closing with the crowd singing his entrance song and going bananas rather than him winning, crowd goes nuts, then he gets beat up, then KO's music hits and KO looks good with the last pop of the night and saving Sami by fighting off or scaring away The Bloodline. We will see if the crowd continues to eat up the saga however if the initial payoff was scheduled to be the tag titles then the story may need to be rewritten because that has become a terrible ending.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
WWE could have made a huge moment last night and they missed the chance.

Rey Mysterio never got into the match. He never came out because he was attacked by Dominik in the back beforehand. Dominik comes out next tipping Rey’s mask. A bit later they should have had Rey come stumbling out after a few minutes while Dom is in the ring. Rey is covering his face with his hands and is feeling embarrassed to not have a mask on. He gets to the ring and needs to take his hands off his face, he does and then starts hitting his moves in the ring. The crowd would pop so loud to see him fighting without a mask.

They're saying Rey Mysterio is legitimately injured, which is why he didn't show up. They used the occasion to make a storyline out of it implying Dominik beat him up/stole his mask. But - due to injury Rey couldn't have come out as you imply.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Sorry if mentioned...but maybe Cody costs Roman one of the titles to Sami at EC? Sets up their WM match.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Rey was legit injured on Friday's Smackdown during the match against Karrion Kross, hence why he didn't take part in the Rumble.

Sorry if mentioned...but maybe Cody costs Roman one of the titles to Sami at EC? Sets up their WM match.
Sami's been advertised as being in the EC pod, so the winner of that match would probably get to challenge Roman at Mania for the other title. But as I've said before, I think Cody will team up with Sami and KO.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Rey was legit injured on Friday's Smackdown during the match against Karrion Kross, hence why he didn't take part in the Rumble.

Sami's been advertised as being in the EC pod, so the winner of that match would probably get to challenge Roman at Mania for the other title. But as I've said before, I think Cody will team up with Sami and KO.
Gross.

This isn't about Cody. This is about Sami, KO and the Bloodline. I don't want Cody anywhere near this.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Meltzer claims Sami vs Roman is happening at EC

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Gross.

This isn't about Cody. This is about Sami, KO and the Bloodline. I don't want Cody anywhere near this.
If Solo and other Uso are still with Roman, Sami and KO are not enough. Bringing Cody along will even the odds. Like I said before, Sami and KO alone are not enough against Roman and others. Likewise, in kayfabe, Cody would be stupid going alone against Roman when he's always had help.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If Solo and other Uso are still with Roman, Sami and KO are not enough. Bringing Cody along will even the odds. Like I said before, Sami and KO alone are not enough against Roman and others.
It's gross.

I'd rather them recruit Drew and Sheamus than Cody.

It's so natural with KO and Sami, you bring in Phony Cody and that whole thing goes to shit.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's gross.

I'd rather them recruit Drew and Sheamus than Cody.

It's so natural with KO and Sami, you bring in Phony Cody and that whole thing goes to shit.
Neither are anywhere near title scenes now so no.

Again, you're projecting with AEW Cody, most WWE fans have not seen him in AEW, I haven't seen him. I don't have negatives feelings about him (nor much positive either). For me it wouldn't matter.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If Solo and other Uso are still with Roman, Sami and KO are not enough. Bringing Cody along will even the odds. Like I said before, Sami and KO alone are not enough against Roman and others. Likewise, in kayfabe, Cody would be stupid going alone against Roman when he's always had help.
I think it could end up being Sami, KO and Jey against Roman, Solo and Jimmy.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Again, you're projecting with AEW Cody, most WWE fans have not seen him in AEW, I haven't seen him. I don't have negatives feelings about him (nor much positive either). For me it wouldn't matter.
Trust me, that'll come after he wins the title.

Cody is very good, but he is also very annoying when he tries to be a babyface.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I'm not wrong.

He's an annoying babyface. He was annoying in AEW as a babyface and he had full on creative freedom. He's a smug, arrogant, pretentious heel. Him acting that way while being a babyface is going to turn fans on him. I suggest bookmarking this post and coming back to it in a few months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad