GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (17th June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
My ratings; (out of 5)

SD Tag Titles - 3
Bryan vs Cass - 3.5
Lashley vs Zayn - 1
Rollins vs Elias - 3
Women's MITB - 4
Reigns vs Mahal - 2
Carmella vs Asuka - 2.75
Styles vs Nakamura - 4.5
Rousey vs Nia (with cash in) - 3.5
Men's MITB - 3.5

Overall Show Rating: 3/5

Some good moments, some bad moments. Pretty average, for a big PPV like MITB, it should be better.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
3.5 too high for Men's MITB. 3 too low for Rollins/Elias imo. 4.5 also too high for AJ/Nakamura for me. Ended really hot but kinda struggled through the first 10 minutes or so.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I actually thought most of the PPV was good. Zayn getting squashed by Generic Character #4 was pretty stupid, but it wasn't a bad PPV otherwise.

Kinda glad they ended Seth vs. Elias the way they did. Don't believe either guy hit their finisher, so it leaves things open for a re-match. They need to finally do something with Elias. He's a main event talent, IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
From what I saw it was a good show, but keep in mind that all I saw was:

- Elias pre-match promo before switching to watch some NXT
- then when I fell asleep mid-show
- woke up about 12 mins into Styles/Nak, and stayed up for Ronda and the men’s MITB

Styles/Nak was good but slow, Ronda is awesome and that was fun af, and the men’s MITB was okay but not so good compared to previous MITB matches imho.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
From what I saw it was a good show, but keep in mind that all I saw was:

- Elias pre-match promo before switching to watch some NXT
- then when I fell asleep mid-show
- woke up about 12 mins into Styles/Nak, and stayed up for Ronda and the men’s MITB

Styles/Nak was good but slow, Ronda is awesome and that was fun af, and the men’s MITB was okay but not so good compared to previous MITB matches imho.

you literally saw the only parts I didnt hate

Ronda is so good already its stupid

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Elias is a main event talent the same way they thought Jinder was.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah it did look foolish having Becky up there for as long as she was.

Even before that, Naomi was up there fiddling with it for a while, long enough for me to think the carabiner was malfunctioning. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They never seen to be able to get the finish of ladder matches right

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm sure they've had spots where someone grabs the briefcase, the ladder gets pushed out from under them, but instead of falling they just dangle, holding on to the case.

I'm almost positive I've see a spot like that. Thought that would be Kofi's turn yesterday.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ronda is an absolute star. She's going to be the best female in the company before this year ends... Athletic as hell, and brings an intensity. Her selling last night was incredible.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ronda is an absolute star. She's going to be the best female in the company before this year ends... Athletic as hell, and brings an intensity. Her selling last night was incredible.

I think most expected her to join seamlessly and fit right in.

Still, it did kind of look like she sandbagged Nia early on, when Nia was trying to lift her up out of the armbar and they were just stuck like that for a few seconds with Ronda on the mat.

Seemed like either Ronda missed her cue to grab Nia's arm, or Nia missed hers.

And again I was so hoping that Ronda would interrupt Bliss at the top rope before she hit that finisher, and spoil her cash-in attempt, but no dice. :help:

Brutal women's champs on both brands.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Pleasantly surprised with the Nia/Ronda match. Heck I even thought that Nia did a good job. Ronda sold for her extremely well. Any worry about her in the ring is pretty much gone already. I like her facial expressions as well. I didn't want Bliss to win the MITB but did like the ending and her cash in. It made sense as it's too soon to give Rousey the title and it doesn't give her a loss.

Despised the other women's title match though. For me I thought they could add some mystery as to who the person was behind the mask by not revealing it right there. I knew it was Ellsworth by reading some potential spoilers. Let that be a storyline as who could be the person behind the mask. Could it be someone from Asuka's past or something like that. I rather not see Ellsworth back. Carmella isn't good and comes off as more annoying in her promos.

I didn't mind MITB it was okay nothing more.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I wanted to let things play out a bit before I judged but Ronda has been solid in-ring so far. The choice of Alexa winning the case and cashing in is a little odd but Ronda will be a legit champ whenever they want to pull the trigger on it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alexa vs. Ronda is a feud that can make Ronda look good and not hurt the person she beats. And Alexa can talk which is important since Ronda and Nia can’t.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I timed last night perfectly to miss Roman/Jinder which probably bumped up last nights show in my mind, but I really liked what I saw.

1 thing I really didn’t like though was how I felt during the Asuka/Carmella match. The mystique of Asuka was all but gone. They’ve really got work to do on her. I think it was a mistake to have her lose to Charlotte. Should have had Carmella cash in on her instead.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Did Alexa take a single bump tonight? Being a Becky fan must really be hell. Have to watch her standing there, clearly ready to win. Then wait to be geeked out because LOLBliss.

HHH wishes his reign of terror was like this Bliss run.

Also the Asuka finish was even dumber then I remembered. She got pointlessly distracted for like two minutes, breaks out of a roll up, just to go and be distracted AGAIN and then lose.

The roll up would have been bad enough, but make her the biggest geek twice? Why?!?
It is....

Becky is the only reason I watch again (used to watch her in the Indies) & it really sucks to see how WWE has used her the last year. Way too talented for the spot she has.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Refs still like to argue the cash in these days, hey?

"Here im cashing in"
"Huh, wha? you wha? huh? what are you doing? huh? wha? huh?"

It's the most annoying thing in the world.

I don't know why it's the WWE mandate for them to act like they just came out of the womb and don't know a damned thing about anything.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
TIL Alexa Bliss defended the title 4 times in 8 months when she took the title off Sasha.

She’s so bad at everything except talking and looking good that it’s almost like we’re going back to the diva days.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TIL Alexa Bliss defended the title 4 times in 8 months when she took the title off Sasha.

She’s so bad at everything except talking and looking good that it’s almost like we’re going back to the diva days.

She is passable in the ring as long as the other person is good and knows what they’re doing. But both women’s divisions have suffered with her on top.

However, if she’s involved with Ronda, they will make it look as good as possible and actually try their best to do so.

And it’s really fine. Ronda should work her way up through from the bad to the good workers because it will ultimately make her look better as well.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
So glad Alexa has the belt back. Nia and Ronda are both terrible, but WWE is gonna force them both to the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad