GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (17th June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Actually... I hate to break it to you, but water is not wet. Water is a liquid. Wet is the state when a liquid is on a solid. Liquid on liquid is still liquid.

sky also isnt blue but yeah im sure he gets the point

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Am I the only one who saw Alexa go through a table last night?
Her first bump in how long? This is still a “superstar” who will make her opponents look like shit because she’s so afraid to bump or take contact that she’ll drop early and her opponent will miss contact by about a foot, or take a military press and land on her feet.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm a big Alexa mark and it's not because of her in ring skills, that's for sure. She's very, very meh. The two women holding titles right now are basically the exact same. Solid on the mic, tons of personality, very meh in the ring.

Again I'll say that Rousey will be the best female wrestler in this company by WM 35. She might even be top 3 right now, or close to it.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm a big Alexa mark and it's not because of her in ring skills, that's for sure. She's very, very meh. The two women holding titles right now are basically the exact same. Solid on the mic, tons of personality, very meh in the ring.

Again I'll say that Rousey will be the best female wrestler in this company by WM 35. She might even be top 3 right now, or close to it.

Alexa is by no means the best in ring worker, but she has enough along with the insane amount of charisma and IT factor radiating from her.

She's middle of the pack in ring on the womans roster. I knew she was going to be a star the moment I saw her in NXT.

If that’s the only response you have then I guess we’re done here.

Yeah, it's never fun when someone who has followed her for her entire career and knows how terrible she is to fans and peers alike chimes in. Sorry bout your bad luck.

Oh and of course, Rousey gets to geek out the RAW Women's Champion while being part timer last night.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, you're ridiculous. Is Rousey supposed to come out and cry about the attack? Is Alexa a believable challenge to Rousey? Of course Rousey is going to murder her. Look at the reaction she got, there hasn't been a reaction to the womans division like that since, well, I can't even remember. She's a f***ing star, and she's already (IN TWO f***ING MATCHES) shown more than 95% of the women on the main roster, and that includes both champions.

Rousey is legit as hell.

Also, I have followed her since her time in Strikeforce. I have been to UFC events where she has been doing signings and this whole "she's bad to the fans" is complete bullshit.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Just got a chance to watch the show, so I'm sure others have made these same comments, but anyway...

Styles/Nakamura was the best match I've seen on a WWE PPV in well over a year (excluding NXT shows of course). I usually don't care for LMS matches, but they both pulled it off brilliantly. I'm going to be sad to see this feud end.

I can't believe how quickly Rousey has adapted to pro wrestling. I can't ever remember a rookie looking this impressive.

I'm sick of seeing title changes in quick matches after a sneak attack by the MITB winner. It's become predictable, and it devalues the main titles to have them change hands in a joke match that only lasts a few seconds.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ronda looked great, but to say she has shown more then 95% of the roster is absolutely bananas.
I don't care how bananas it sounds. She looks like an absolute star out there, she looks better than Sasha & Bayley since their call up. She looks better in the ring than the likes of Naomi, Alexa & Carmella (all of which have been champions in this company)

Maybe not 95, but you bet your ass she's looked better than 80%.

She's taking the ball and running with it, and getting better and better each time she's on TV. She's going to be the biggest star in the company very soon, and that is a fact.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think it's fair to say anything about Ronda's ability yet. She's had two matches and both were heavily practiced at the Performance Centre beforehand to make sure that she'd look good.

It's not a negative, it's just how it is. And obviously you can't complain about the results, it's clearly working great and I hope they keep doing it. It just makes it hard to compare her to anyone else as everyone else would look better given the same practice. That's not counting the being a star aspect that Ronda has over everyone, as that's something that you can't really practice and just have.

You see it in NXT as well, they practice their matches for Takeover a lot beforehand too, the bug NXT house show tours are great because they do the matches there too. The main roster do it with the big women's matches due to the lack of experience (and lower average ability) for things like the Money in the Bank match and the Rumble, and as a result those have been better than expected.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't care how bananas it sounds. She looks like an absolute star out there, she looks better than Sasha & Bayley since their call up. She looks better in the ring than the likes of Naomi, Alexa & Carmella (all of which have been champions in this company)

Maybe not 95, but you bet your ass she's looked better than 80%.

She's taking the ball and running with it, and getting better and better each time she's on TV. She's going to be the biggest star in the company very soon, and that is a fact.

It is as if strong booking helps.

Sasha was the most over wrestler in the company when she was called up and they booked her into the ground. Then Bayley, now Asuka.

Lucky for Ronda that shouldn’t happen to her because of her pedigree, but it is a fact she would also fail if they booked her like a chump like everyone else.

Also she hasn’t looked better in her two matches compared to Sasha and Bayley. That is just willingly ignoring their quality matches.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It is as if strong booking helps.

Sasha was the most over wrestler in the company when she was called up and they booked her into the ground. Then Bayley, now Asuka.

Lucky for Ronda that shouldn’t happen to her because of her pedigree, but it is a fact she would also fail if they booked her like a chump like everyone else.

Also she hasn’t looked better in her two matches compared to Sasha and Bayley. That is just willingly ignoring their quality matches.
Ronda > Main roster Sasha/Bayley.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good booking is the king.

Sasha and Bayley don't get it it. They won't let Ronda not get it. All their best ideas will be saved for her programs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Good booking is the king.

Sasha and Bayley don't get it it. They won't let Ronda not get it. All their best ideas will be saved for her programs.

Yeah I think she will be safe, which is good for her since it will definitely work.

It is just depressing how poorly the rest are booked to the point people forgot how talented they are. Never mind forgetting how white they were.

There was a time where the idea of Sasha and Bayley main eventing a Mania just made too much sense. That or a horsewomen 4-way. Depressing how badly they have wasted it.

Bubba Ray was on twitter talking about how badly Chicago wanted Becky to win that ladder match, yet they refused to pull the trigger.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The North American championship ladder match at New Orleans blows both ladder matches out of the water.

Glad I am watching this so soon after Money in the Bank

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I think she will be safe, which is good for her since it will definitely work.

It is just depressing how poorly the rest are booked to the point people forgot how talented they are. Never mind forgetting how white they were.

There was a time where the idea of Sasha and Bayley main eventing a Mania just made too much sense. That or a horsewomen 4-way. Depressing how badly they have wasted it.

Bubba Ray was on twitter talking about how badly Chicago wanted Becky to win that ladder match, yet they refused to pull the trigger.

I can't remember the last time I saw a show where they audibled based on crowd reaction. Maybe the night after Wrestlemania when Wade Barrett went over Rey Mysterio.

If I was booking it from right now, I'd have Bayley join up with Ruby.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sasha and Bayley both made me not care about their feud. Yes, the booking is rancid... but they are absolutely horrible on the mic and at acting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The issue inherently is that they have not given you a compelling thing to fight over. Acting is whatever. Sami Zayn is a great actor, it didn’t make up for terrible material and bad booking. Ronda is bad at acting and people obviously don’t care. Same with Braun. You can overcone bad acting in other ways, you can’t overcome bad booking.

But what is this issue about? They’re out of the title picture, so they’re not fighting over that. Both of them screwed each other, so one can’t stab the other in the back. Fighting just to fight? I’ve seen the matches post-NXT, at least twice they did finishes and at least once Sasha worked heel, so I’ve seen that. In this iteration, what are they even fighting over? Because they lost a tag match?

Once they decided not to do it, they should’ve just not done it at all or come up with something completely different altogether - but only once they got heated back up.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Does bad booking make them sound like they're gargling on marbles during their promos? Does bad booking make it look like Sasha was pepper sprayed as she delivers lines?

They're just flat out bad at cutting promos. As bad as Sasha is, she's 100 times better than Bayley.

They both need an overhaul (Bayley more so) - Sasha is among the best in the ring, Bayley is meh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does bad booking make them sound like they're gargling on marbles during their promos? Does bad booking make it look like Sasha was pepper sprayed as she delivers lines?

They're just flat out bad at cutting promos. As bad as Sasha is, she's 100 times better than Bayley.

They both need an overhaul (Bayley more so) - Sasha is among the best in the ring, Bayley is meh.

The point is that they can overcome that if they were given things that work to their strengths. They keep making them do it so being bad at it sure doesn’t seem like a concern to anybody there.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The point is that they can overcome that if they were given things that work to their strengths. They keep making them do it so being bad at it sure doesn’t seem like a concern to anybody there.
I don't think Bayley can overcome her poor mic skills. Heel Sasha, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad