GDT: WWE Hell In A Cell (30th October 2016) - Three main events!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Watching the women now.

The Queen's entrance though!!!!

Edit: Escalade Sasha!?!!!?!!!?!?!!??? Marking!!!!!!!!!!!!

That table spot looked stiff. Lmao Stretcher job?!?!!!?

I feel like that table prematurely breaking saved someone's life.

This match would reach another level with some color. ****ing PG

Wait what!?!?!?!? That is the finish?

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
sounded like they meant who went over, which means they changed that after deciding to make it the main event.

Do they want to turn Charlotte's PPV streak into a new streak?

I absolutely don't get this finish, and get it even less in the main event.

That was a good match. They did the best they could with modern PG HIAC booking. That finish makes no sense.

They did need one big memorable spot though. A bigger fall spot, something. Color would of been welcome too. Still they did well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lawler did the least amount of damage to that premier episode. Booker and Lita made this unwatchable beyond tonight.

I thought Booker and Kendrick was good.

KO/Jerhico saving this show. What a heel move to mess with Bayley.

Edit: "I'm going to say something cute" These two are the only reason to watch RAW

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
That main event started on fire with women selling the cell and that powerbomb through a table, and the match was good, but we got a dumb cliche of Sasha defying the paramedics and medical attention, several botches (including a patented fall on the neck and a flying knee that landed hard) and a weird natural selection out of nowhere :dunno: what was the damn reason for Charlotte to drop the title twice already? Should have had a year+ long title reign. I hope this match, where Sasha looked like an idiot who tried to bite too much from a better, badder wrestler (whose push makes Undertaker's streak look tame), is the end of their program.

Oh, they're calling her Charlotte Flair now on the WWE youtube page.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That main event started on fire with women selling the cell and that powerbomb through a table, and the match was good, but we got a dumb cliche of Sasha defying the paramedics and medical attention, several botches (including a patented fall on the neck and a flying knee that landed hard) and a weird natural selection out of nowhere :dunno: what was the damn reason for Charlotte to drop the title twice already? Should have had a year+ long title reign. I hope this match, where Sasha looked like an idiot who tried to bite too much from a better, badder wrestler (whose push makes Undertaker's streak look tame), is the end of their program.

Oh, they're calling her Charlotte Flair now on the WWE youtube page.

They went overboard with the actual stretcher, they were trying to pay homage to Mick Foley and it just dragged out. It's hard to sell near-death when you still have to have the whole match. They wanted the spot where she got off the stretcher, whereas stumbling around the ring the way she was would've been fine

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I thought the whole thing was really poorly booked after sleeping on it. The two big spots in the match were botched badly. The stretcher spot was cringey and the end was pretty poor.

That said, credit where credit is due. The two girls turned in a main event caliber match, the crowd treated it like the biggest deal on the card and I'm not going to poop on their accomplishment tonight. The Charlotte/Banks feud is one of the best things going on right now. The insane bumps Sasha takes and Charlotte's viciousness is pretty epic. But I feel like everything else is secondary now to this.

Wasn't my particular favorite flavor of ice cream but still a good flavor.

That said, I think this is a strong candidate for weakest PPV of the year. Rollins/Owens was very good but nothing other worldly. Nothing else on the show stands out to me except that stupid Rusev chain spot.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
If you didn't set your expectations too high on the women's match, they did alright.

We've yet to see a match like this from them so you don't know where the bar is set. At least with Seth-KO and Rusev-Roman, there's been other cell matches for the guys. The first match of it's kind just needs to stand on it's own.

I think it was fine...not great and certainly the end was anti-climactic. The best thing about this first cell match is that they can probably do a better one next time. And I assume there will be a next time.

Decent show all-around...probably was Raw's best PPV since the split.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Did Charlotte graduate from the Vicki Guerrero school of obnoxious, tone-deaf, loud talking? Anyway, congrats to Charlotte FLAIR on her on her undefeated PPV streak. Perhaps now she can take a physics 101 class on why a 120lb woman will not break a table when launched into it at a 3 degree angle. Next lesson: how to skip stones in a lake.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Could someone please explain in great detail what makes Charlotte any good? I thought people were being sarcastic/contrarian regarding her, but I guess this is a serious opinion people hold?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
She is crazy good in the ring. I'll give her that for sure. Her promo stuff doesn't fit my liking, but it's not terrible. She's believable in her character.

I'm actually amazed by the stuff she can do in the ring, tbh. She's really talented.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
RE: the table at the end.

Could it be possible that Sasha didn't set the spot up correctly? Like was the table supposed to be propped up onto the turnbuckle on a sharper angle like we've seen in the past so Charlotte could easily just throw her through? If that's the case, should Charlotte have re-adjusted the table or was her line of thinking right in just going with the way it was set up?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They had plenty of time to fix it. I think Sasha is just too small to break it the way they wanted

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Charlotte is physically imposing in a different way compared to Nia Jax or Awesome Kong. She's taller and stronger than the other smaller women in that division but she's also very athletic...great leaping and acrobatic ability. She's the best pure athlete on the women's division.

Sasha is very athletic and skilled but she looks like a child when she goes with Charlotte. It's like Lesnar vs. Rey Mysterio.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I thought Booker and Kendrick was good.

KO/Jerhico saving this show. What a heel move to mess with Bayley.

Edit: "I'm going to say something cute" These two are the only reason to watch RAW

Kendrick was good because he made Booker look like an idiot but Booker's side of that entire exchange was plain stupid. It's like they tried to copy solely the shoot portion of Talking Smack w/o incorporating the humor from the perspective of the people that are 'analyzing' the show.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I thought the whole thing was really poorly booked after sleeping on it. The two big spots in the match were botched badly. The stretcher spot was cringey and the end was pretty poor.

That said, credit where credit is due. The two girls turned in a main event caliber match, the crowd treated it like the biggest deal on the card and I'm not going to poop on their accomplishment tonight. The Charlotte/Banks feud is one of the best things going on right now. The insane bumps Sasha takes and Charlotte's viciousness is pretty epic. But I feel like everything else is secondary now to this.

Wasn't my particular favorite flavor of ice cream but still a good flavor.

That said, I think this is a strong candidate for weakest PPV of the year. Rollins/Owens was very good but nothing other worldly. Nothing else on the show stands out to me except that stupid Rusev chain spot.

Meltzer called it a Flop and that the match should not have main scented. Harsh words from him.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Also Rusev with two accolades, one with a dam chain. Looks like he will have to look for a new finishing move. Reigns couldn't handle one on the raw last week. And that was with only a 2 min brawl leading up to the accolade.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer called it a Flop and that the match should not have main scented. Harsh words from him.

I think he felt that way mainly bc of the finish though. He said they lost momentum after they missed the table spot off the turnbuckle as well, and that it should've only been closing the show if the match was going to stand out (which it didn't really, it was good but not great), but I don't think he thought it was a bad match more than it was bad booking.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Am I the only one who didn't think the table was supposed to break? The way Sasha rolled down the table and was set up perfectly for the Natural Selection...I dunno...it felt like it was the plan to me.

Suppose they could've improvised really quickly when the table didn't break.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think she knew to roll down the table.

A better finish would've been a moonsault through the table and set up the natural selection

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Sasha Flair! Soon to be the 16 time womens champion!

The only reason I can think of why Charlotte won is because they want to keep her undefeated streak at PPV's in tact for something. This basically means Team RAW will win the SS match as well. I probably see Charlotte holding the title till Mania now... maybe have someone go over at Mania..make a bigger moment? :dunno:

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
She is crazy good in the ring. I'll give her that for sure. Her promo stuff doesn't fit my liking, but it's not terrible. She's believable in her character.

I'm actually amazed by the stuff she can do in the ring, tbh. She's really talented.

I disagree. Specifically, I think she is quite sloppy in the ring and her consistently poor execution is the reason why so many of Sasha's high risk bumps are borderline career ending. Little things like holding onto Sasha for too long or dropping her at an initial bad angle and then leaving it up to Sasha to fend for herself to save her own neck, literally.

I will concede that she has an excellent physical ring presence, even though I find her body (type) to be unattractive. Her acting/performance is quite bad though. She has the dynamic range of a gong (no offense to the poster here).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha Flair! Soon to be the 16 time womens champion!

The only reason I can think of why Charlotte won is because they want to keep her undefeated streak at PPV's in tact for something. This basically means Team RAW will win the SS match as well. I probably see Charlotte holding the title till Mania now... maybe have someone go over at Mania..make a bigger moment? :dunno:

At this point, I think the women's title at WM is Bayley vs. Charlotte and when Bayley feuds with Sasha, Bayley will be the champion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00