WWE Edit Outs Flair's Kiss on Royal Rumble Replay

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's scripted, folks.

Unless he did it without her knowledge before hand, who cares? I saw the gif and it looked comical anyway.

She should have got to kick him in the nuts though.

If it was something legitimately scripted...why would they edit it out? It could have been Becky and Ric taking liberties I suppose but who knows. Ric seems like the type of creep that's stuck in the 70s and would just go for it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If it was something legitimately scripted...why would they edit it out? It could have been Becky and Ric taking liberties I suppose but who knows. Ric seems like the type of creep that's stuck in the 70s and would just go for it.

Same reason why the scripted finish to 31 was Rollins curb-stomping Reigns and they edit it out. They ran with something, see a negative publicity spot, and do what they can to bury it. lol

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
They edit out all of Rollins' curb stomps and those were definitely scripted.

It's possible it was unscripted but if it were I image there would be major backlash against Flair.

Kayfabe, it was sexual assault. I mean, we all know it's wrestling and it's silly, but it was also really creepy and I'm sure some people found it uncomfortable. Personally, I found the Rock's segment with Lana to be really cringeworthy, but to each their own.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Rollins' stuff was edited out after a giant ****Storm from concussion lawsuits and were fine for a long, long time before that.

The kiss was edited out literally within 24 hours and there has never been any mention of it since

not the same thing.

I mean, you can play the "sexual assault" card but really, how many times have women used a kiss on a man to distract them one way or another? Beth phoenix on khali to eliminate him from the rumble comes to mind.

in b4 doubles standards, feminism etc

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Rollins' stuff was edited out after a giant ****Storm from concussion lawsuits and were fine for a long, long time before that.

The kiss was edited out literally within 24 hours and there has never been any mention of it since

not the same thing.

I mean, you can play the "sexual assault" card but really, how many times have women used a kiss on a man to distract them one way or another? Beth phoenix on khali to eliminate him from the rumble comes to mind.

in b4 doubles standards, feminism etc

Rollins' stuff was in the middle of concussion lawsuits and the turnaround time for that decision was pretty much the same since they never showed it and never mentioned the move.

But I agree if it was kayfabe sexual assault, they would've ran somewhere with it but didn't. However, it's still pretty much the same reasoning as the Curbstomp edits. They felt it was bad pub and made the correction they felt was necessary.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Rollins' stuff was in the middle of concussion lawsuits and the turnaround time for that decision was pretty much the same since they never showed it and never mentioned the move.

But I agree if it was kayfabe sexual assault, they would've ran somewhere with it but didn't. However, it's still pretty much the same reasoning as the Curbstomp edits. They felt it was bad pub and made the correction they felt was necessary.

I can't find anything about concussion lawsuits earlier than 2015 and i'm gonna go on a limb and say rollins has used the curb stomp way prior to that soooo....

Besides, if it was scripted, how stupid is your production team that you green light this and then decide it's too embarassing not even 24 hours later? Do they have literal clowns writing this stuff?

inb4 dudes mocking femini---

oh.

BAH GAWD KING, WE ARE ENDANGERED! WE DEMAND EQUALITY!

#ANTIDIVAREVOLUTION

:sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can't find anything about concussion lawsuits earlier than 2015 and i'm gonna go on a limb and say rollins has used the curb stomp way prior to that soooo....

Besides, if it was scripted, how stupid is your production team that you green light this and then decide it's too embarassing not even 24 hours later? Do they have literal clowns writing this stuff?

What does it matter if there was concussion lawsuits against them before 2015? They had one filed against them that January before Mania. Just because Rollins had used it leading up to Mania and before doesn't mean anything. WWE often makes these types of changes on the fly and doesn't care about things like that until it gets to be their focus like when a guy suddenly becomes champion ahead of schedule.

It was Vince who green lighted Rollins cashing in and finishing with a curb stomp and then pretty much the next day had it edited out of everything they did involving that Mania. Now I'm sure the concussion lawsuit that was filed prior to Mania had something to do with it and I'm sure their unwavering desire to protect Reigns had something to do with it too but it's pretty much like the Flair situation. They have a focus on the top Diva storyline for publicity reasons. Sometimes they do stupid things. This shouldn't surprise anyone anymore. lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My guess is they got wind or received and actual complaint from a group and decided to just edit it out instead of facing some media firestorm.

That or maybe Ric was drunk and did it unscripted and asked if they could remove it. Idk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad