Post-Game Talk: WTF just happened? Oil win 4-3

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I find the way TMac allocates his minutes for his forwards to be extremely inconsistent and ineffective. Some players have a great game and they get bumped down in the lineup to play with other players who are struggling in an attempt to get the other line going. This usually result in all 3 players sucking. Then you have a guy like Lucic or Caggulia who get bumped up to the top line even though they're playing like crap. They end up dragging down the top line players.

Reward good play and production with ice time. Take away ice time for poor play. It's not that difficult.

Reactions: PulYou

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I actually thought the Kings were dozing a bit in the first, expecting to score the customary 1st goal against us and then shut us down. Slepy's goal was nice, but the coverage was slack and atrocious. I thought we controlled very well until the third when Benning's time seemed to get amped up. TM loves him like he did Gryba. And of course, Lucic getting all the prime minutes. Now wonder we got in trouble.
Benning minutes got increased when Russell didn't return. The value that Russell has provided this year is significant.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Draisaitl only skating for himself. Bench that bugger. Plus get your head in the Oilers, game, not the game being played on the other side of the globe..

no soup for you, you get Strome (he score good in empty net) and Cammy next game again. Stop being so dependant on McD. Time to grow up Leon and bring something. What, you can't drive a Camry, you get Lucic if you not learn.

I'm hungover..

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Really the top 2 lines based on recent play should be:

Khaira-McDavid-Draisaitl
Slepyshev-Strome-Puljujarvi

Kind of funny how the younger guys are vastly outplaying the vets. Reminds me of 2009 onwards

Reactions: frag2

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013

Khaira-McDavid-Draisaitl

Kind of funny how the younger guys are vastly outplaying the vets. Reminds me of 2009 onwards

yeah, not sure why creating lines based on merit is such a foreign concept to the Koala. Would entice the other non performers to get going i think. Saddling mcdavid and drai with lucic was not the answer last night. Hopefully we don't see him again tonight. Press box for lucic might be eye opening.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
yeah, not sure why creating lines based on merit is such a foreign concept to the Koala. Would entice the other non performers to get going i think. Saddling mcdavid and drai with lucic was not the answer last night. Hopefully we don't see him again tonight. Press box for lucic might be eye opening.

But would that count against his pursuit of the non goal scoring record?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Khaira-McDavid-Draisaitl

Lost in this post is cammalleri is now up to 10 points in 11 games in February.

No respect.

Reactions: ujju2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
haha, what is the record and what is lucic at ?

No idea, but I bet if the metrics guys on here did up a graph for non production combined with cap hit, term and minutes played, he would be right near the top. And this does not take into account the X factors like cherry PP minutes and time with McDavid.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Guy seems to trust select players and that’s it. No more

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
How many times can this team blow a 2 goal lead in 5 seconds? Must be going for some sort of record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad