Post-Game Talk: WSH Vs COL Oct 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Colorado folks already have the fire the coach gallows up. Apparantly they were not impressed by the Capitals. I think they might have bought the bubble team stuff

Reactions: Neil Racki

Jun 15, 2007
The only bad thing is I have zero confidence in this teams ability to defend a 1 goal lead late in the game. More reason to ensure we have a 2 goal lead.

Reactions: tenken00

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Another positive, if they keep playing like this, the team won't be feeling rushed to bring him back. Make sure he is 100% and ready to go

1) LTIR him to playoffs.
2) Trade for Hertl
3) Cup

Reactions: um

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think all the streaming sites are like that with live sports, unfortunately. You can only do a true pause during playback later on.

TV with a DVR has an advantage over streaming in that regard, though I could probably figure out a way to put the DVR in the chain somehow. Eh, f*** it.
@Midnight Judges and g00n —

I watched it on ESPN+ and my IPad. Was able to pause it and either move it 10sec either way (as often as I wanted to), or swipe the bottom — where there was a streaming bar I could forward or reverse with my finger.

worked ok. Not as good as DirecTV, but useable

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
That game felt good as a perpetual Jensen and Orlov hype man. Also TVR is great.
This. The defense looks awesome with Orlov/Jensen having good chemistry, TVR playing extremely well and calming down Schultz, and Fehrevary fitting in really well with Carlson.

McMichael also had a good game and that line looked a lot better tonight, and the 1st and 4th lines have been fantastic.

Obviously very early but a lot to like so far, especially on the defensive side.

Reactions: koalabear9301

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Laviolette is not sold on either of the kid centers. They are playing the least of any forward. They are getting their feet wet but not a whole lot more. You can see the difference between how McMichael was used tonight and how Fehervary was used.

I also noticed how little Sprong played. He may not be in but he has a key to the dog house already.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Laviolette is not sold on either of the kid centers. They are playing the least of any forward. They are getting their feet wet but not a whole lot more. You can see the difference between how McMichael was used tonight and how Fehervary was used.

I also noticed how little Sprong played. He may not be in but he has a key to the dog house already.

Agree with your take on the kid centers, but I don't see anything too off about Sprong's usage. He played 12:25 tonight - slightly above Sheary and slightly below Hathaway. I think that's just indicative of Lavi liking Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway so much that they're his de facto 3rd line, rather than Sprong being in/near the doghouse.

Side note - I love how evenly the ice time was spread out in this game. No forward hit 18 minutes and no defenseman played less than 17. Lavi trusted his depth (well, except CMM) and crushed a major contender without overworking his stars. I think if the Caps can play this way all season, not having to lean on the big stars, it's gonna be huge for keeping those guys fresh for the playoffs.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Wow.. this place is downright giddy!
:)
I didnt get to see last night's game, but we did go 'old-school' and listen on the radio.
I'm not sure how long Jensen can continue to successfully channel his inner-Chara in the physicality department, he's just not that big a guy, but hopefully his shot will stick around regardless. We shall see...

As for Kuz, his career history suggests to me, that Kuz can/will play at this level until his opponents hit him high enough, often enough. And in Kuz's case, 'enough' isnt a really big number. And the rest of the NHL knows this.
So I plan on enjoying the current Kuz for however long he lasts.
I also cant help but wonder if the new team 'therapist'(?) has played a role in any of this.....but I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad