Post-Game Talk: WSH Vs COL Oct 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I don’t know if I’ve missed a game since 2008, even if I had shit going on you could DVR the game and duck spoilers

Reactions: Neil Racki

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

The return of the prodigal son

DefenselessAggressiveBarbet-max-1mb.gif

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Damn was looking forward to seeing Avs without MacK and Landeskog for this one.

Slightly less excited now. Avs are propably my 2nd team once we are out. They are a treat to watch.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Damn was looking forward to seeing Avs without MacK and Landeskog for this one.

Slightly less excited now. Avs are propably my 2nd team once we are out. They are a treat to watch.

Screw that. I want to beat teams at their best.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm less afraid of Colorado's offense than I was last year. They lost a lot of depth up front, as the salary cap stopped them from finding meaningful replacements for guys like Saad or Donskoi. And their center depth was never a huge strength, even last year. That being said, any team with Nathan MacKinnon and Mikko Rantanen up front is going to produce chances, and their blueline is one of the best at handling the puck in the entire NHL (and will only be getting better with Bowen Byram's growth). I question Colorado's status as THE pre-season favorites this year, but they're still going to be favorites heading into the game tonight. Should be a fun one to watch.

I've also always had a soft spot for the Avs. Loved the Forsberg and Sakic days, and their penchant for being semi-frequent trade partners has led to them collecting some ex-Caps over the years (Konowalchuk, Fleischmann, Grubauer, Burakovsky, etc). If the Caps lose out in the playoffs, I'm rooting for the Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad