Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I've also always had a soft spot for the Avs. Loved the Forsberg and Sakic days, and their penchant for being semi-frequent trade partners has led to them collecting some ex-Caps over the years (Konowalchuk, Fleischmann, Grubauer, Burakovsky, etc). If the Caps lose out in the playoffs, I'm rooting for the Avs.

Orpik!! :D

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Screw that. I want to beat teams at their best.

Generally agree, but off the top of our heads can we recall exactly whether or not we won the Cup against teams playing their full strength roster every game? I can't.

Eventually nobody will care. Only the records remain.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Not paying for ESPN+ or Hulu has led me down the dark path of a creative solution to watching the game, hope it works... I'm gonna dose then a hit of molly then cap it off with some dmt; from there should be pretty easy to just astrally project myself as a digital ad in the glass at the arena, fingers crossed!

I dont know what dmt is and at this point, Im too afraid to ask.

Reactions: tenken00

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Well he did score a sick goal on opening night, so that usually buys some good will for a while.

They played Kurtis MacDermid for one game and he made Jack Johnson look like a GD all-star in comparison :laugh:

Just a heads up the Avs are still without Landeskog, Toews, and Nichushkin tonight. So not quite the full lineup. This is also MacKinnon's first regular season game and apparently prior to morning skate he hasn't skated for eight days, so probably not a 100% MacKinnon either.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They played Kurtis MacDermid for one game and he made Jack Johnson look like a GD all-star in comparison :laugh:

Just a heads up the Avs are still without Landeskog, Toews, and Nichushkin tonight. So not quite the full lineup. This is also MacKinnon's first regular season game and apparently prior to morning skate he hasn't skated for eight days, so probably not a 100% MacKinnon either.
So Caps will lose rather easily

Reactions: Corby78

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Generally agree, but off the top of our heads can we recall exactly whether or not we won the Cup against teams playing their full strength roster every game? I can't.

Eventually nobody will care. Only the records remain.

Its purely a preference of wanting entertainment for regular season hockey. MacKinnon is a treat to watch and I'd hate to miss that.

But in the playoffs, I just want 16 wins.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Feels so weird playing a Western Conference team. Is this real life?

ImperfectPalatableCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Get your excuses in early and often

j/k good info thanks

Reactions: shtorm2005

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
I don't agree with starting Sammy when VV has played lights out. Psychology is a big part of goaltending and you don't sit a guy when he's hot.

Reactions: racingmoose

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Sammy first game and it’s Colorado? Well if he wants the number one job, this is how he can do it. I have a feeling he either stands on his head and plays great or he gets his doors blown off. Hope it’s the prior

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Would love Sammy to play lights out, get a shutout and make the goalie competition really spicy.

If he shits the bed then it could be tough for him to get momentum going if VV stays hot - as other have said VV may not be as talented, but he seems to be a grinder with his head on straight. Samsonov has collected quite a few doubters that he needs to start proving wrong....

Reactions: Neil Racki and txpd

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
How about Varlarmov for a first round pick. That first round pick ended up being the 11th pick in the 2012 draft which the Caps picked Filip Forsberg with and we know the rest, yadda yadda yadda.

The yada yada part should include that having picked Forsberg the acquired pick, they were able to select Tom Wilson with their own pick. Given the choice, I would rather having Wilson if I can only have 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad