Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] F Dylan Strome signs with the Capitals (1 year, $3.5M)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I'm sorry. I wrote the wrong numbers those were expected goals forced not percentage. The percentage was around 48% the last two years. So not nearly as bad but for someone getting less than half the expected goals with 70% O zone starts with Patrick Kane as his most frequent linemate that's still not very good. Definitely backs up my statement that he needs to be heavily sheltered and play with quality linemates.
First of all buddy xGf stands for expected goals for.

Second, the hawks have been a terrible analytical team for a few years now starting with Kane, who was the second worst forward on the team in xGf/60 whereas Strome was the 4th best.

Third, it’s better to look at xG differential to see total two-way impact, where Strome was their 5th best forward in that metric and again Kane was last on the team.

Yes, Strome needs to play with quality linemates to produce. That’s typically how top 6 players work. The Strome slander is ridiculous. Kid is good. Kane had a 46% xG share and Strome had 49% xG

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
First of all buddy xGf stands for expected goals for.

Second, the hawks have been a terrible analytical team for a few years now starting with Kane, who was the second worst forward on the team in xGf/60 whereas Strome was the 4th best.

Third, it’s better to look at xG differential to see total two-way impact, where Strome was their 5th best forward in that metric and again Kane was last on the team.

Yes, Strome needs to play with quality linemates to produce. That’s typically how top 6 players work. The Strome slander is ridiculous. Kid is good. Kane had a 46% xG share and Strome had 49% xG
Wow. From now until the end of time HF should sticky this post as the quintessential example of why it’s important to watch the games. Hilarious.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Truth hurts eh bud
Man, it's not. And even most any stats person know Kane by his playstyle always has stats that don't fit his performance. Because he holds pucks longer when he could shoot and chances he generates having D or goalies stunned are excellent, but don't get considered high danger spots and don't boost his xgf like they should.

And strome not playing wasn't a big factor to the overall terrible team start, but his numbers are sheltered from that disaster

Reactions: hawksrule

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The excitement for Strome makes me laugh just like the excitement from Leafs fans about Samsonov. Ohhhhh you will see why they gave up on him soon enough:
NHL fans have short memories. I feel like for both guys the biggest issue is consistency and effort. For their salaries they could both be good deals. Strome likely doesn't become consistent 200-ft PPG center in Washington but if he can produce like your usual 2C and hold his own defensively he's going to be really good signing for that salary. There should be an added incentive for him too because he's a guy that has played for brutal teams his entire NHL career and now he actually has something to play for.

Blackhawks used him in a far too big role, Strome isn't a 1C. No reason why he couldn't be an success playing a smaller role as 2C in Washington. Sort of like Lars Eller few years back when he came to Washington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad