Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] F Aliaksei Protas signs extension with the Capitals (5 years, $3.375M AAV)

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Big body, sound defensively, center or wing, growth every year so far. He passes the eye test and I'm a big fan of his.

It'll maybe be a bit rich the first couple years but if he keeps getting better he could be a 40ish point two-way guy at this price which is great to me.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
42 games and 3 goals.

And this is why you don’t measure everything one simple metric.

Nice deal for both sides. Protas has been a pleasant surprise this year after a bit of up and down development last year. Real good playmaker for his size and definite two-way upside. Even if he tops out at a real good middle six winger on a winning team, this is solid.

He’s a key piece moving forward for the Caps so to get him for his prime under 30 years at that AAV is nothing but good work.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
1705710512384.png

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wow. Has he been a lot better than i realized? I don't end up watching much of the Caps, but this seems like...a huge gamble that he's going to get significantly better over the term of this deal. Certainly haven't seen that caliber of player in what i've seen, nor do the stats really bear that out.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice chunk of change.
Usually like him whenever I tune in to a Caps game, not sure I see the need to go 5 years on a fwd with 10 career goals though.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Big body, sound defensively, center or wing, growth every year so far. He passes the eye test and I'm a big fan of his.

It'll maybe be a bit rich the first couple years but if he keeps getting better he could be a 40ish point two-way guy at this price which is great to me.
He’s already a 35pt player at this years pace. And with almost no PP time (20sec/game).

40 shouldn’t be his ceiling. I think it’s much higher.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad